Official World Series Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-0 SF) SF Wins World Series

Who will win the World Series?

• Giants in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants in 5

• Giants in 6

• Giants in 7

• Tigers in 4

• Tigers in 5

• Tigers in 6

• Tigers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And folks will still swear that extra rest has no effect on pitchers. What's amazing to me is how much contact they're making and patient they've been with their swings on every type of pitch they've seen tonight.
Yeah, whoever thinks that is a fool. Not to take anything away from what the Giants have done but Justin is the best pitcher in the world and from what I saw of him today, I'd say the long layoff hurt him. He's left a lot of pitches up and his stuff wasn't as good as it's been his last few starts. In general, baseball players are creatures of habit...once you throw them off their rhythm, it tends to go downhill from there.

Leyland said it best a few days ago...it's not who you play, it's when you play them.

EDIT: Wow. Panda
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Forgot the game was on.

Switched to it hoping I'd see the Tigers up.

Literally landed on FOX as the crowd was going crazy and the scoreboard switched from 5-0 to 6-0.

feelsbadman.jpg

Happy to see Verlander get smashed and the Tigers are looking like they did during the regular season

“@CSNBaggs: This is only the second three-homer game in AT&T Park HISTORY. Kevin Elster homered 3 times in the first ever game at this ballpark in 2000.”

:wow:

Kind of a contradictory statement from a wise baseball mind here. Kind of surprising.

Verlander isnt throwing up meatballs. His velocity isnt down. He isnt having command issues. Like you said, we are just being patient and putting good swings on the ball. Not trying to hear anything about the time off, even if its coming from someone with the baseball knowledge you have.
Well damn, Zito. Verlander is rusty as ****...that long layoff always sucks.
mean.gif
Rusty? Or is he making his pitches but just getting raked? Your choice, but I disagree that hes "rusty."
Don't think we're not giving the Giants credit. They're the better team right now...it's not like we're seeing anything different from their last 3 games vs. the Cardinals. Having good AB's, making pitchers work and putting the ball in play. I'm a big proponent of momentum...I think that **** is real. You see it all the time in the MLB, NFL, NBA, etc. during the playoffs. Pro touched on it more than I did in his last post but Verlander's stuff wasn't as good today and he's facing a few hot hitters...this is a guy who had allowed 4 runs total in his last 7 starts, man. I don't see how anyone could say the extra days off didn't affect him. We're all watching the same game.

Giants have it all going on right now. Reminds of the Sawx in '04 after they came back on the Yankees. 
frown.gif

Zito didn't want to come out.
pimp.gif
Bochy did the right thing though...not taking any chances.

Back
Top Bottom