Official World Series Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-0 SF) SF Wins World Series

Who will win the World Series?

• Giants in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants in 5

• Giants in 6

• Giants in 7

• Tigers in 4

• Tigers in 5

• Tigers in 6

• Tigers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
30 runs vs 4 for opponents in last 5 games 
devil.gif

i'm glad nobody's made a corny 'anthem' this year.. aside from that trash e-40 made

the 2010 ones were good tho haha

Some of y'all are talking mad reckless. It's still a series. It's not a series until someone loses at home. We did our job here at home, now Detroit has to go home and take care of their business. They have the benefit of the DH now and we don't. Our offensive options on the bench to become our DH leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know how Bochy is going to handle it. Probably put Pablo in DH and use Arias as a 3B defensive upgrade. I do not want to see Huff, Nady, etc as our DH.

All I'm saying is there still is a lot of baseball left to be played. I will not exhale until it is really over.

Some of y'all are talking mad reckless. It's still a series. It's not a series until someone loses at home. We did our job here at home, now Detroit has to go home and take care of their business. They have the benefit of the DH now and we don't. Our offensive options on the bench to become our DH leaves a lot to be desired. I don't know how Bochy is going to handle it. Probably put Pablo in DH and use Arias as a 3B defensive upgrade. I do not want to see Huff, Nady, etc as our DH.

All I'm saying is there still is a lot of baseball left to be played. I will not exhale until it is really over.

TheRockClapping.GIF

Nobody remembers how A. Sanchez owns the Giants.

Hector DH. They activated Whiteside for this series specifically to backup Posey. Hector will not be behind the dish at all.

Scherzer is pretty nasty and Annibal Sanchez owns us.

excuses?  na i have none, tigers are playing like doo doo right now plain and simple. and yeah i give credit to the giants pitching staff but is that the only reason the tigers offense is playing like that? na it really aint especially when the tigers had 5 players hittin over .300 in the regular season and prince and the triple crown winner help make up those 5..

its only game 2 in the world series so why am i even trying to make an argument with some typical biased baseball fans 
roll.gif

qft

it aint over til its over.

in 2002 the giants were 8 outs away from a world series title most of us know what happend after that :x

^ Damn you done went to a dark place bringin up 2002. Exactly why I never get too excited until we get the series ending out. We held serve these first two games, but theres a ton of baseball to be played goin to Detroit. Can we feel confident? Yes. Should we be talking about parades? NOPE

excuses?  na i have none, tigers are playing like doo doo right now plain and simple. and yeah i give credit to the giants pitching staff but is that the only reason the tigers offense is playing like that? na it really aint especially when the tigers had 5 players hittin over .300 in the regular season and prince and the triple crown winner help make up those 5..

its only game 2 in the world series so why am i even trying to make an argument with some typical biased baseball fans :rofl:

maybe the fact that your not giving this team their due. im glad you saw what this team is capable of pitching wise. this team is hitting and i repeat again HITTING, yall suppose to win game 1 win mr invincible verlander and guess what he got rocked and then had the audacity to claim that they going back home even. This pitching staff has faced and shutdown one of the best hitting team in the league REDS and CARDINALS, and you prolly forgot what this staff did in 2010 against the high scoring offense of texas. The giants are outplaying yall plain and simple, no ifs and buts about it, you can call it being rusty, timing is off, playing in west coast or whatever pretty much the whole baseball world except the giants fan base wrote off this team after being down 0-2 in LDS, in the end of the day we got 2 more to go. good luck on your excuses goal of 2012 playoffs baseball.

tigers are rusty is all im sayin. yall beat us fair and square im aware of that, im not sayin that I don't respect the giants in any way either(I actually rooted for them since the reds series) ill be back after someone wins the series before I say anything else because like someone earlier said that it ain't a series til someone loses at home so nothing I say really matters at the end of the day

exactly. thats all we did, protect home field. am i relieved being up 2-0 hell yea but they don't give you a parade and the championship being up 2-0. A lot of question who's going to be in a DH spot but from what i hear its gonna be Hector, i rather have speed and agility in the bases but i wouldn't mind getting some extra pop in the line up.

my thoughts after the game, after i said about the bottom of the line up, im glad they came through and got us those 2 HUGE runs, it ain't pretty, coulda, woulda, shoulda got more but hey it gave us the lead and the bullpen made it stick.
Posey and Pence looked really alive up there it'll say combine of 2-6 in the box score but i think that they are starting to see the ball very good by seeing A LOT of pitches 51 total for both. Pence gave us that sac fly to score the insurance run.
Blanco finally a huge game overall, went 2-3 and started the relay to get prince out at home plate.
MadBum whatever flaws that was messing with your mechanics im glad it got straightened out, 7IP 2 HIT 0R 8Ks. finally saw some emotion out of him.
2 perfect inning for the bullpen to close out the night.

what a game, it was excited had that torture feeling of 2010. leggggoooo giants.

I know this series isn't over.

-Fister & Madbum were absolutely Filthy tonight
-Tigers bullpen is trash
-We must have the Baseball Gods on our side with that bunt staying fair
-Vogey and Cain going in GM 3 & 4 I like our Chances.
-IMO Pence At Bats were a lot better tonight

Great post, I think Arias can put in work.

Great night at the yard!! Madbum....WOW. What a performance. Glad whatever adjustment he made seemed to have worked, because he was horrible for months leading up to this start. I gotta give mad props to Doug Fister. I can now say that I am a huge fan of his. Cant believe he stayed in the game after the line drive off the dome. Wasnt a pretty offensive game, but we did enough to win.

Lets take care of business in Detroit!!! Go Giants!!!

View media item 118836

^ lucky AF. 

they're saying sanchez might dh, they dont wana take sandoval out of the line up and screw up a good thing. huf is 0-12 vs sanchez so odds are he wont be dh'ing. 

:lol: some of you guys are doing the exact same thing that Reds and Cards fans did to you guys and you destroyed them when you turned around and won the series.

:lol: some of you guys are doing the exact same thing that Reds and Cards fans did to you guys and you destroyed them when you turned around and won the series.

if giants cant close this thing out with their two hottest pitchers not even pitching yet, then we as fans deserve to get destroyed, just like reds and cards fans when they were up with home field adv.
it's sports, anything can happen and being down 0-2 isnt impossible, but i like the giants chances a whole lot. i was hoping for best case scenario 1-1 before the series.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom