Official World Series Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-0 SF) SF Wins World Series

Who will win the World Series?

• Giants in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants in 5

• Giants in 6

• Giants in 7

• Tigers in 4

• Tigers in 5

• Tigers in 6

• Tigers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This was a really cool vid...Here's the description from the YouTube page...Love seeing good things happen to good people...

"If you've been to the UC Davis Coffee House at some point these past couple years, you've met Kyle. And I'm pretty sure he waved at you with the biggest smile, and greeted you like you were one of his closest friends. The kid works 35+ hours a week, is taking an astonishing 21 units, and is supporting himself through school. He is a fantastic co-worker, a great friend, and someone that would have anyone's back.

With the help of his CoHo coworkers and their spontaneous donations, this goober got an extra special surprise after Game 1... a ticket to see his favorite team play in the World Series, ticket and transportation costs covered completely.

Have a great time Kyle, CoHo loves you!"

Damn, I can't believe the Tigers offense is getting beat down by San Fran....I love Kung Fu Panda...

Last edited:
:lol: some of you guys are doing the exact same thing that Reds and Cards fans did to you guys and you destroyed them when you turned around and won the series.

Agreed. Pretty sickening if you ask me.

DLand's personal advice of the day: Dont do anything to upset the baseball gods.

Bumgarner comes up huge again in the World Series. He didn't have his best fastball, but still blew them away.

Up 2-0. Great start.

Over the past five games, Giants starters have allowed a ridiculous total of TWO earned runs in 33 innings. That computes to an ERA of 0.55 -- in the most important games of their season. And one thing us veteran baseball observers have noticed is this

I will say that Austin Jackson has impressed me in center. That catch of Pagan's rocket to the left-field gap was caught with ease. He sails to the ball.

Last edited:
Long from over, but happy going into DET after protecting home and having two of our better pitchers going in 3 and 4.

Bumgarner comes up huge again in the World Series. He didn't have his best fastball, but still blew them away.

Up 2-0. Great start.

Bumgarner really surprised me. I hope pitching coach Dave Righetti is locked up by San Fran because that man knows what he's doing. He worked a miracle with Bumgarner. He's pitching like he did 2 years ago.

Like LazyJ10, I think the series should be long from over but the way the Giants are playing, they're putting on a clinic with pitching & defense. It's actually an amazing thing to see. I love seeing good baseball.

So, I am reading Delmon Young's Wikipedia page and my mind is blown that he's only 27-years-old. I continue reading and my mind is even more blown by this little sentence.

Young is known for having a strong and accurate throwing arm.[1] Don Zimmer, now a consultant with the Rays, has compared Young's arm to that of Jesse Barfield or Raúl Mondesí.

zitohit.gif

He used to have a great arm. He also used to be fast and not look like a surefire diabetic.

I guess that sounds mean. And I just remembered that Dmitri really is diabetic. Oh well.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly, Delmon use to run around the OF pretty well in Minnesota. He plays like hes 40 years old now.

imo giants need to get atleast one in detroit and not allow a massive explosion on offense to get the tigers back in rhythm. we all know how momentum can swing by just one inning.

i am worried about the next cain start. he looked really sloppy despite holding them scoreless. he was allowing the first runner on in almost every inning. also comerica park is no at and t park. number 17 in home runs as opposed to att park being dead last lol

imo giants need to get atleast one in detroit and not allow a massive explosion on offense to get the tigers back in rhythm. we all know how momentum can swing by just one inning.
i am worried about the next cain start. he looked really sloppy despite holding them scoreless. he was allowing the first runner on in almost every inning. also comerica park is no at and t park. number 17 in home runs as opposed to att park being dead last lol
This... Cain bothers me a lot, I really would like to see the freak pitch again, he had mad control the first game but maybe he is better from the bully, if we can just get one I will be satisfied to this come back home.... People please stop jinxing us.... Still a lot of ball to play never can count fielder or Cabrera getting hot

I think the Tigers will win 2/3 at home.
For some reason, I don't have too much faith in Cain right now...

Last edited:
:smh: I can't even front, the Giants have been out playing the #*$& out of the Tigers. Offense has been absolutely trash and I don't trust the bullpen worth a damn. Hopefully Berry and Dirks add some pop to the lineup against these righties. I really admire how scrappy this Giants team is, though.

I feel like they have to go up 3-0 after tonight. Giants lost game 3 of the 2010 World Series to make it 2-1. It took a Madison Bumgarner gem in game 4 to stop the panic mode.

In reality - they just need to win one game in Detroit. I would love for it be this game. I really hope Bochy plays this game like it's game 7 of the World Series; even more than he already has been.

Last edited:
Good point RaWe, I share the same sentiments.

I think in this game we will see more runs and confidence from the Tigers, and I know to them, this absolutely feels like a must win. Hopefully Posey and Pence get some hits for us alongside with maybe Crawford and Belt.

The Anibal that we know
Game 3 of the World Series. Being up 2-0 should be a good feeling for us Giants fans. But not when tonight's opposing teams pitcher Anibal Sanchez. For today's edition of stats,stats and more stats I present you Mr. Sanchez.
-Anibal career stats against the Giants 3-1 with an ERA of 1.50. Second lowest ERA of any team he faced with 3 or more starts.
-Buster and Pablo currently 2-14 combine facing Sanchez
But for every gloomy days. There'a always a starry nights. Luckily this 2012 Giants some players have some good numbers against Sanchez. For example Pence current Avg against Sanchez is .333 (6-18).

So what does this all means? NOTHING! That's why we play the game!

Keys. keys. Keys.
Score first. Score often.

Leggggoooooooo Giants. Lets go 3-0

So a few buddies and I were discussing the World Series last night and my boy brought up an interesting stat. The last time the Cardinals blew a 3-1 lead in the NLCS was in 1996 to the Braves. The Cards were outscored 32–1 over the final three games in that series. This year the Giants outscored the Cards 20-1 in the final three games. The Braves took game one of the World Series 12-0 and won game 2 / 4-0. The Yankees went on to win the next 4 games. I don't see the Tigers winning four in a row, but that would be crazy if history repeated itself.

So a few buddies and I were discussing the World Series last night and my boy brought up an interesting stat. The last time the Cardinals blew a 3-1 lead in the NLCS was in 1996 to the Braves. The Cards were outscored 32–1 over the final three games in that series. This year the Giants outscored the Cards 20-1 in the final three games. The Braves took game one of the World Series 12-0 and won game 2 / 4-0. The Yankees went on to win the next 4 games. I don't see the Tigers winning four in a row, but that would be crazy if history repeated itself.

This was the official start of the pitch count era. Joe Torre instructed the Yankees to work the count and get Atlanta's starters out of there to get into the bullpen which was their weak link.

The Giants have a strong bullpen to backup the starters, which is weird because the starting rotation has the weak link since mid August.

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Pagan, CF
Scutaro, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Posey, C
Pence, RF
Belt, 1B
Blanco, LF
Sanchez, DH
Crawford, SS

Detroit Tigers Lineup
Jackson, CF