Official World Series Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-0 SF) SF Wins World Series

Who will win the World Series?

• Giants in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants in 5

• Giants in 6

• Giants in 7

• Tigers in 4

• Tigers in 5

• Tigers in 6

• Tigers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Stats, Stats and More Stats
Last Edition for 2012 Season
What a ride for us Giants fans, our faith with the team has been tested during this postseason. I know it did with mine. But like we all know this version of 2012 giants will persevere, and won’t be defeated. To be down 0-2 in LDS, down 3-1 in NLCS they kept fighting, keep hitting, playing gold gloves defense and finally the pitching that we all knew woke up and showed up. In this last edition of stats, stats and more stats I present to you PITCHING.

- Detroit Tigers #3 in AL in Average during the regular season, highlighted with the 2 headed monster, Triple Crown Winner Miguel Cabrera and possibly the best #4 hitter in the league Prince Fielder was shutdown in the World Series by batting 4-27 combine with. As a team .159 BA
- Rumor has it that Verlander is the front-runner for the WS MVP, with the possibility of pitching twice in the series, Verlander pitched once, lasted 4 IP gave up 2HR to the future WS MVP Pablo Sandoval
- The Giants used 6 relievers in the WS, out of all those 6 only one gave up a run.
- Tigers Starting pitcher 0-3, Giants Starting Pitcher 3-0.
- Affeldt, what a post-season he had, appeared in 10 games, struck out 10, with a cool ERA of O.

Well that is it, till we meet again Giants Fan, it was a roller coaster ride, see you guys at the parade!!

Yeah!!!! Woke up with a fat headache, but it was all worth it!!! Idiots downtown at 3rd and King were pissing me off. What the **** does burning **** have to do with celebrating the Giants win? Plus my headache was throbbing, I just called it a night early. Parade anyone? Haha!

I feel for Leyland. He's an old school manager that I respect.

Red is on NT
Dland24
LazyJ10
Rawex5
Jumpmanfromthebay
Franchise 55
Paul is on Tilt
What Up, even though you're banned
GSDOUBLEU
NothingToLose
Even you RiceRocket, despite being a troll
Lets enjoy this fellas!
Sounds about right! :pimp: :pimp:

roll.gif
nice!

Yeah!!!! Woke up with a fat headache, but it was all worth it!!! Idiots downtown at 3rd and King were pissing me off. What the **** does burning **** have to do with celebrating the Giants win? Plus my headache was throbbing, I just called it a night early. Parade anyone? Haha!

I feel for Leyland. He's an old school manager that I respect.

Red is on NT
Dland24
LazyJ10
Rawex5
Jumpmanfromthebay
Franchise 55
Paul is on Tilt
What Up, even though you're banned
GSDOUBLEU
NothingToLose
Even you RiceRocket, despite being a troll
Lets enjoy this fellas!
Sounds about right! :pimp: :pimp:

:pimp:

It's always a pleasure to spend the season in the season thread with y'all.

i was going to give my 2cents, but everything has alrdy been said.

what a season. love how everyone sees this giants team as being weak, overachieving, or doesn't belong etc etc....but they just simply get it done.
2 in 3 years is amazing.

we did it, yall. :pimp:

Did you go to the last parade?  If so, how was it?  How early did you go?  I wasn't able to go because of a midterm, but I think I should be good for Halloween...
yup i went. if you're in the east bay you gota wake up EARLY.. i went at 730am to BART, there was a 1 hour line to buy tickets then another hour long wait to get on the train. it was crazy packed. there were a few fights but before the parade started.. drunk idiots. other than that tho it was cool. a lot of cornballs smoking weed, i dont care but there were hella kids there and i didnt think it was appropriate. but its sf, right? haha

the parade starts at 11am, but everything gona be packed early.. if all you want to see is the cable cars roll by you can get a decent enough spot by 10. unless ur short. 

ima be there early. hopefully i can get a spot in civic center plaza. 
Nice pics!  I live in SF, so I'm not too far from downtown, but I have three classes between 11:45am - 4:35pm, so I'm debating on whether or not to skip class.  Always said I wouldn't miss the next parade, since I missed the last one, but the fact that I have class and there's gonna be a ton of people makes me wanna watch the parade on tv
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

Last edited:
What was the route they took like for anyone that went to the parade last time? And how long was it?

:x Our bats pulled a Jimmy Hoffa and went missing. Giants dominated us clear cut. They generated runs, had timely hitting and played very well. Hats off to them and you. :smh: at Prince saying it's not that bad. We just laid there and took it.

I waited at the Civic Center in 2010, was there overnight with my girl and saw all the player speeches and Kruk, Kuip, Fleming and Miller. It was awesome minus the super heavy traffic getting out of there.

is the best spot to go to the parade at the beginning or towards the end?

i was towards the end in 2010 it was still :smokin but this year im going down Market

better get into the city EARLY. i live in the city so it was easy to walk downtown. i arrived on market st at 9am to get my spot. what sucks is that you better hold your spot for a couple hrs. i had to use the restroom SMH

great spot to watch the parade. was gonna head down to civic center afterwards to hear them, but i knew it was gonna be super packed and people were lined up there already.

Didn't show up to the parade until 1 in 2010, not going to make that mistake again. Plan to be around the Montgomery area.

for all you guys planning to attend weds...have fun, but good luck.
went to the one in 2010 and it was just too crazy for me. Market was beyond crowded. :smh:

i def recommend you go there super early and "reserve" your spot, otherwise you'll be lucky to view anything at all

Back
Top Bottom