Official World Series Detroit Tigers vs. San Francisco Giants Thread (4-0 SF) SF Wins World Series

Who will win the World Series?

• Giants in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giants in 5

• Giants in 6

• Giants in 7

• Tigers in 4

• Tigers in 5

• Tigers in 6

• Tigers in 7

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just to be clear, you are saying you wanted Bumgarner for game 1 because you expect our offense to get shut out by Verlander.....and you dont want to waste a strong pitching performance?
I cant say I have no faith in the Giants bats, even against JV, but I guess I can get behind this thought patern.

i agree.

no use in wasting good pitching on a game you most likely will have to pitch a shut out to win.

I think tigers win today 4-1

Last edited:
Postseason baseball brings out the best in the fans.
:lol: at the number of Giants fans jumping off the ship when their team was trailing. Keep your emotions in check before proclaiming your team is "done" after falling down 2-1 in a series.

so because we are not all homers and unrealistic fans we are in the wrong?

nobody is "jumping off the ship"

seems you have nothing left to hate on the giants and their fans so you point out crap any realistic fan would do.

we were down 2-0 and then 3-1 with a slumping offense and questionable pitching...

we all cant be unrealistic homer fans talking out of our *** saying we gonna win the next four being down 0-3...

i seen your sly *** hating on the giants from a far...

you aint fooling no one...

Detroit Tigers Lineup
Jackson, CF
Infante, 2B
Cabrera, 3B
Fielder, 1B
Young, LF
Peralta, SS
Garcia, RF
Avila, C
Verlander, RHP

San Francisco Giants Lineup
Pagan, CF
Scutaro, 2B
Sandoval, 3B
Posey, C
Pence, RF
Belt, 1B
Blanco, LF
Crawford, SS
Zito, LHP

Reds have always been a favorite of mine, but so has the Yankees. It is hard to choose. Giants beat up my Reds and Tigers destroyed my Yankees...with that said lets go Giants?

Some of the slumping batters have been showing a little more life. Now they get to face Justin Verlander.

Prediction: Giants in 6.

seems you have nothing left to hate on the giants and their fans so you point out crap any realistic fan would do.
we were down 2-0 and then 3-1 with a slumping offense and questionable pitching...
we all cant be unrealistic homer fans talking out of our *** saying we gonna win the next four being down 0-3...

Same thing the Yankees fans were doing in their postseason threads. Those play by play posts complaining about each slumping player ready to throw them under the bus and off the team were weak.

A realistic fan is fine, but acting suicidal like there is no hope left in the world when your team is down 2-1, not even 3-1 is a bit much.

It was an observation, I have no vested interest in the Giants or this series. That must of struck a nerve with you though.

I've been a DC area sports fan for a long long time, so realistic expectations (like a 9th place finish for the Wizards) is my best friend.

And yes if everyone doesn't act, think or share your belief......it is considered "hating". I thought you were older......or shall I say more mature than that to have that notion.

Same thing the Yankees fans were doing in their postseason threads. Those play by play posts complaining about each slumping player ready to throw them under the bus and off the team were weak.

A realistic fan is fine, but acting suicidal like there is no hope left in the world when your team is down 2-1, not even 3-1 is a bit much.

It was an observation, I have no vested interest in the Giants or this series. That must of struck a nerve with you though.

I've been a DC area sports fan for a long long time, so realistic expectations (like a 9th place finish for the Wizards) is my best friend.

And yes if everyone doesn't act, think or share your belief......it is considered "hating". I thought you were older......or shall I say more mature than that to have that notion.

Please don't think all Giants fans are like him. I did say that the season was over after GM 2 of the Reds series but I knew that if anybody could comeback they could.

Please don't think all Giants fans are like him. I did say that the season was over after GM 2 of the Reds series but I knew that if anybody could comeback they could.

It's all good, I think it's great for the Giants (and Tigers) and their fans. Living in a city that hasn't won anything since 1992 (when I saw about 7 or 8 years old), I think it's great when new cities win championships or when teams that haven't won in years get to celebrate. It's awesome for the fans, the city, etc.

I'm not salty or envious. It's good for Sports. Seeing the Yanks or Braves play in the WS every year isn't that cool......unless you are in NY or Atlanta I guess.

I know you want some more stats so here it is

San Francisco Giants
6 Degrees of Barry Zito
Everyone knows the streak the giants won when The Z Man pitch. But I bet you don’t know this;
- Z has pitched in 11 games that the Giants either in a winning streak or started a winning streak. (2 wins or more)
- Z’s current record against Detroit Tigers 8-6, last time he faced them 2011
- Z’s Career BA against the current Tigers Lineup .234
- During the month of Sept and Oct. Z has allowed 14 earned runs. Verlander 13 earned runs
- Z is 107-79 during night games. His highest win percentage. (.575)
- Gerry Davis todays ump has called Zito’s game total of 5 times since 2006. He is 1-2 with an ERA of 5.05. Verlander twice with the most recent in 2011 with an ERA of 9.00
So what does this all means? Nothing nobody predicted this in the beginning of the season, heck even spring training.

Keys Keys Keys
Score first and often.

with that being said. Zito is gonna be dripping with swagggggggggg out there in the mound. LEGGGOOOO GIANTS!

u ask that he not think all giants fans are like me yet you admit you were one of the fans who quit on the team after game two....

keep kissing *** and making no sense there buddy :lol:

u ask that he not think all giants fans are like me yet you admit you were one of the fans who quit on the team after game two....

keep kissing *** and making no sense there buddy :lol:

You were talking about a Lil Wayne Curse in game 6 :lol: foh

You show up only when Giants are in the playoffs :lol: foh

It's all good, I think it's great for the Giants (and Tigers) and their fans. Living in a city that hasn't won anything since 1992 (when I saw about 7 or 8 years old), I think it's great when new cities win championships or when teams that haven't won in years get to celebrate. It's awesome for the fans, the city, etc.

I'm not salty or envious. It's good for Sports. Seeing the Yanks or Braves play in the WS every year isn't that cool......unless you are in NY or Atlanta I guess.

I was rooting for y'all in playoffs. I'm in the same boat. If the Giants were not in the WS I'd root for tigers.

You were talking about a Lil Wayne Curse in game 6 :lol: foh
You show up only when Giants are in the playoffs :lol: foh

it was a joke bout lil wayne cuz lil wayne is wack. you like that he a fan of your team? i sure as hell dont.

you might wanna check back about me showing up in only playoff games there buddy.

im done with you little slugger. go find your shaq jersey and go hate in a laker thread like you always do

done with you. lets talk about the game now:smokin

Back
Top Bottom