Official World Series Thread: Texas (3) @ St. Louis (4), CARDINALS GRAB THEIR 11th

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Op has does it feel that you will never make a world series thread for the Mets?
laugh.gif

I know ya hate on me, because I'm too real for NT, but let this sink in.
The Mets will be coming for that *** in 2015, so just hop on the wagon now, while there is still room.

We'll have plenty of money to play with, our young dudes will be in their prime, and some of our farm players will be major league contributors.

W/ that said, the Rangers will lose, I'm calling it now.

That pitching will be exposed, and it'll be a battle of which has better arms.

It won't be a sweep, but it damn sure will feel like you, Cards in 6 probably 5.

It'll be blowouts most of the time, I don't even think we should watch. 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Naw I didn't see it. But if StL wins, can't that nudge them a little more money Alberts way? Maybe he gives a small discount and finish his career there. What is the drop dead amount they can offer him, 150? More/less?

The bottom line is the money he his demanding has priced him out of St. Louis's market. He is fixated on 10 years and is asking for 30 million a year. Even if the Cards win it all that type of contract would cripple the future of this ball club. I have no problem parting ways with him and investing that money in 2,3 or possibly 4 players.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

Op has does it feel that you will never make a world series thread for the Mets?
laugh.gif

The Mets will be coming for that *** in 2015, so just hop on the wagon now, while there is still room.

We'll have plenty of money to play with, our young dudes will be in their prime, and some of our farm players will be major league contributors.

It won't be a sweep, but it damn sure will feel like you, Cards in 6 probably 5.

sick.gif

laugh.gif
ya sure 2015. Then in 2015 your gonna say watch for the mets in 2020
laugh.gif

Dream scenario:

Cards win the series in 7:

Cards win all 4 in STL, Rangers win all 3 in Texas. Hopefully this will cause some sort of outrage about the ridiculous way we determine home field advantage, so we can go back to best record gets home field.

GO BIRDNALS!

Originally Posted by JCH3

Dream scenario:

Cards win all 4 in STL, Rangers win all 3 in Texas. Hopefully this will cause some sort of outrage about the ridiculous way we determine home field advantage, so we can go back to best record gets home field.

GO BIRDNALS!

Dude, whats sweeter than getting homefield advantage because of Prince fielder, a Brewer, then beating the brewers to take advantage of something he did half a season ago?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by CP1708

Wonder how it all works out, win the series, does Pujols stay?  Lose the series, does Pujols stay?  Has kind of a Lebron 09 feel to it honestly.    
Did you watch the post game interview CP? I think Albert is gone win or lose. I have a strong feeling he's in a Cubs/Angels/Giants or Nationals uni next season.

I am just hoping the Cards pitching staff can keep up the momentum they had against the Brewers.
Frankly I don't think Albert is gone, just based on the lack of suitors.

Cubs will make a serious push because they need to make a bold move.

The Angels don't need a first baseman since they are still hoping Kendry comes back, and they have Trumbo.
The Giants will not be players in the free agent market, they are in the same position as most college graduates, it has come time to pay off those college loans (Inexpensive players about to get paid).

I could see the Rangers making a play for Albert/Fielder if they whiff on CC.  Seems like they will have money to blow this off season.

I would hate Albert ending up with the Nationals, such a waste.

Congratulations to Raffy on making the World Series with the Cards, wouldn't be mad if they win.  I think the Rangers will win in 7.
Albert on the Nats would not be a waste. Add him to the lineup and get a decent center fielder and a #4 starter and we've got a solid squad. Plus Harper coming up in the near future. 

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Dream scenario:

GO BIRDNALS!

Dude, whats sweeter than getting homefield advantage because of Prince fielder, a Brewer, then beating the brewers to take advantage of something he did half a season ago?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's great for us, but so damn stupid as far as the big picture goes. 
laugh.gif

Thanks Prince!  I'll be at game 7, and yes...there will be one.

Originally Posted by CosmicCanon

laugh.gif

sick.gif

eyes.gif

Texas got this, Nelson Cruz = GOD mode

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Dream scenario:

GO BIRDNALS!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
It's great for us, but so damn stupid as far as the big picture goes. 
laugh.gif

Thanks Prince!  I'll be at game 7, and yes...there will be one.
Yea, it is kind of stupid........
maybe it should go by post season record percentage.........lease amount of losses during the post season gets home field advantage?

I wouldnt say regular season record though, that doesnt matter in the post season as we all (phillies and brewers)

Rudemiester:
I got my money on the opponent of whoever Cosmic Cannon chooses.
I'm saying.
laugh.gif

So with that... ... ...
CosmicCanon:
the Rangers will lose, I'm calling it now.

sick.gif

... ... ... I'm putting a mil on the Rangers.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

go rangers, hamilton deserves a chip so badly

Please tell me you're joking. Why does hamilton deserve a chip more than anyone else on the field?

C'mon, don't be that guy.
laugh.gif

"They all work hard. They've all played the game hard since they were kids. They ALL deserve it or NONE of them deserve it."

True, but LOTS of people are cheering for the guy who overcame an addiction to something very serious. Don't be the guy that shoos those people away.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

C'mon, don't be that guy.
laugh.gif

"They all work hard. They've all played the game hard since they were kids. They ALL deserve it or NONE of them deserve it."

True, but LOTS of people are cheering for the guy who overcame an addiction to something very serious. Don't be the guy that shoos those people away.

I'll be the first to congratulate someone for beating a drug addiction and bettering their life, but why does society as a whole root for him more than say michael young, who has been an above average player for a number of years and led a more "moral" lifestyle. Why fo we idolize someone who did wrong and overcame it more than someone who hasn't done wrong and has been a great role model?

Alright, so his closet was cleaned out, his dirty laundry aired out.

- He could either say "Eff, it, this is who I am. Eff the haters. I'm'a do me."
And he would no doubt be out of the league by now, having squandered all his Rays/Reds money on drugs by now, and we'd all be sitting here saying "Man, what could have been."

- OOOORRRR he could do what he did.
And he'd be surrounded by teammates who support him, a manager who relates to him, and fans who admire the strength it took to NOT do that first option.

So why do we cheer for that guy over a seemingly non-deviant Michael Young? Because ultimately, people look for inspiration more than they look for ANYTHING else in life. When people go through a specific struggle, they WANT to be able to look at someone who has overcame that struggle. There are TONNNNSSSSS of people out there addicted to drugs, but their dirty laundry is still a secret.

They hope upon hope that they can do what Josh Hamilton did when their skeletons are exposed; when that day comes, they won't be able to relate to a squeaky-clean image.

"Oh, so if Dwight Howard wanted to be even MORE popular than he already is, he should don him a crack addiction then overcome it?"

So simple-minded.

We idolize people who do wrong and get back on the right track because we all know what WE'RE doing wrong, and the examples like Josh Hamilton are more appreciated than the examples of anyone who still has hidden skeletons. And for those SELECT few who really have no glaring demons that would leave people horrified, disgusted, and disappointed, they cheer a guy like Hamilton more than a guy like Young because they know that nearly EVERYONE around them has skeletons, and their glad a guy like Hamilton provides inspiration for their co-workers, relatives, and friends.

I'm counting down the hours until the madness begins. Has anyone been watching the MLB network coverage? It kills me to see Wainwright as a spectator.

Back
Top Bottom