Official World Series Thread: Texas (3) @ St. Louis (4), CARDINALS GRAB THEIR 11th

Hmmmm... I hate hearing crap like that, mainly because I hate hearing anything that has to do with media interviews. Wouldn't bother me if interviews were done away with altogether. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I have never cared about hearing what a player has to say after a game.

"You just won the World Series on that solo shot in the 13th? What were you thinking rounding the bases?"

Ummm... pretty sure he was wondering if he left the oven on back home, if his wife filed their divorce papers yet, and his upcoming contract negotiations.
laugh.gif
C'mon, man.

Actually, rounding the bases, I'm sure he would be thinking about upcoming contract negotiations.
laugh.gif
But he'd never say that, and that's exactly my point. All this interview crap is... crap. Just there to see which players are going to say the wrong things or handle things the wrong way.

Not that I care at all about what he has to say. I mean it's there so why let the young kids answer the hard questions about your mistake when you're the one who has been in two WS's already? As a team leader I don't think you can do that. Imagine him doing that in Chicago or New York? Just my two cents, I'm not a fan of that stuff.

I hear you Pro. But it was clearly a situation where he was beyond livid at himself. I dont have a problem with him not wanting to field questions.

Oh, you're absolutely right that if he was a Yankee and pulled that... well, I wouldn't have been asking you about what happened. They would have been talking about it everywhere.
laugh.gif

As a team leader I don't think you can do that.
The thing is Albert isn't a team leader, never has been. I am on the fence with how it was handled last night, but odds are he was completely pissed off with his play and didn't want to say something that he'd regret.

^ Yeah, see, assuming that were the case, I have no problem w/ that. You're partly responsible for the series being tied and headed on the road for 3 games instead of your team taking a commanding 2-0 lead before hitting the road, and you don't want to talk about it?

I'm good w/ that.

Terrible ending last night.............offense sucked but jaime was a pleasant surprise.

i had fun though........would have been better with the W, but its all good.

its Larussa`s fault............why a double`s defense for the first batter when nobody hit it that far ALL GAME..........a double doesnt win the game and neither does a single, but if they werent at NO DOUBLES depth, the first batter woulda been out and it wouldnt have been that damn bad.

Pac we can't blame LaRussa even though his managing of Motte was terrible. Give credit to the Rangers for doing what they needed to do to win. Going into Texas tied isn't ideal, let's just hope we can snag 1 or 2.

My gut tells me Cardinals tonight, taking homefield right back after the disappointing way they gave it up.

Mind you I'm watching tonight's game via the MLB Network.....over/under on how many times FOX shows Nolan Ryan?

Expecting more runs in tonight's game. Especially for Texas. Not confident Lohse can hold down that lineup for long...If at all.

That missed call cost Texas a run and potentially more damaging is the effect on Harrison's confidence, who seemed to settle down after Craig's early homer. 

Cardinals can put themselves in the driver's seat here. I don't think Texas can come back from 4 runs

Glad these 4 runs we're scored off that one call this inning would have been over with that last ground ball by Jay BS....smfh

It wouldn't have taken 5 seconds to review that call with replay... It's time, baseball. Past time.

How do you miss that? It was mind numbingly obvious he tagged him.

Back
Top Bottom