Official World Series Thread: Texas (3) @ St. Louis (4), CARDINALS GRAB THEIR 11th

Garcia's effort
frown.gif

Series on 
pimp.gif
Rangers showed some toughness playing NL baseball and getting the 9th inning runs. I still like St. Louis' chances to take the series but maybe this is the type of win that sparks the Rangers offense to get going at home.

Ratings for this series will be garbage but it's been a very entertaining series so far

Kinsler and Andrus have to be co-players of the game tonight...they played beautifully up the middle

Rangers baseball! 
pimp.gif

Can't wait for Saturday...

Pleased for the night, 1-1!
tongue.gif

Hardest pitch to bunt is the high fastball 98+. The bunt was the right play, but why not wait for him to throw a strike. It's all hindsight, so good win for Texas.

Originally Posted by tim teufel

This game will be the reason why the cards lose the series. So close

I agree. This loss reminded me of how I felt in 04. Rangers will take the next 3 games in Texas.

glad the rangers won. wish Hamalton would of knocked it out of the park but with that left groin strain issue he isnt going to do that much this series. im glad the MLB decided to let Dirk throw the first pitch at the ball park this saturday.   still sticking with rangers in 5
pimp.gif

Dirk throwing that first pitch
pimp.gif

We'll win 2 of 3 in Texas, then go back to St. Louis and get 1 more win.

Won't be mad if they get it done in Texas though.
nerd.gif

^ I agree on you guys getting 2 of 3 in Texas. I just find it REALLY rare that a team pulls off a 'home sweep'.

Then heading back to StL up 3-2, you have to like the odds there. Still not a guarantee, though.

But man, WHAT A COMEBACK last night! Nice to see the game won on some sacrifices. As a baseball fan, that was beautiful.

Inexcusable what Pujols, Holliday, Molina and Berkman did IMO. At least when the Rangers lost, the players who caused it didn't leave to let their teammates take the heat. Showed a lot of disrespect and lack of leadership to me.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ Whoa, whoa, whoa... what happened?

Packed up and left before the media could get to them.  I put more of it on Albert than the other 3 though.  You're the team leader supposedly, how are you gonna leave the kids like Jay and Craig to answer all the tough questions about your mistake?  I never bought into the stuff I hear about La Russa protecting him from everything but jeez last night didn't look good at all.  And I'm usually not that upset about the media getting shafted but that's foul IMO.

Back
Top Bottom