OFFICIAL WU-TANG CLAN- 8 DIAGRAMS..... DECEMBER 11TH

i got it today its good

BUT! Ghost's Big Doe Rehab kills 8 Diagrams
tired.gif

copped this morning and i just gave it a full listen through and its a strong album to me. when i heard the beat for rushing elephants come in with rae'sverse
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

anyways 8 diagrams>> the w

i popped this in expecting something worse than the w by the way dudes were slamming it but it was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
to me just after the 1st listen and i know it willgrow after a few more. unpredictable was
grin.gif
at first but i played it a few more times and it grew on me. the guitar in the background is
pimp.gif

a question about the album though. i thought 16th chamber was supposed to be on the album. i got the best buy version with tar pit as the bonus so was 16thchamber another bonus track? im heated if it is because 16thchamber>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tarpit

anyways 8 diagrams>> the w
I like 8 diagrams, but hell no. Other than the busta joint, the one with Reggie & the not mixtape worthy track with snoop's lame*%$*, TheW is a straight banger.

i got the album today...pretty good. probably need to listen to it more to like it.
rushing elephants is my jam right now.

This album is pure crack
pimp.gif

Campfire is my joint right now, Cappas back.
pimp.gif

The only things after one listen I don't like is the lack of Ghostface and the album version of Heart Gently Weeps, I like the original version better.

damn am i the only one feeling that Wolves track??? feels like some good bad and the ugly type sound ha

^I went to a mom & pop store and it was sold out, then I went to best buy and it was sold out. Finally found it at Fred Meyer and there was only a couplecopies left.

On second thought, after a few more listens to Heart Gently Weeps, I think I like the album version better, that song is a musical masterpiece.

I have been listening to this album since yesterday at 9 in the morning when I copped it.
I think it's an awesome album, their best since Forever. There are def some songs on it that I wouldnt have wanted to keep.

I think Rza did an admirable job, but some things just didn't work. Like Unpredictable, if you listen to Thug World,
that beat and Rza's hot verse on there and then u listen to Unpredictable, you are like, why did you ruin the beat with that guitar and leave out yourkiller verse
and add a mediocre one.

To me Rza has his Bobby Digital style, his hardcore Rza style and his Muslim style, I dig the last two, not so much the first, I just hate to see him killtracks at times and then
come soft at others.

Best tracks:
Weak Spot
Stick me 4 my Riches
Rushing Elephants
Take It Back
Campfire
Windmill
Gun Will Go

Heart Gently Weeps is a good song but to me it was an attempt to make the album transcendent and it did the opposite.

Same thing with Wolves, Rza wanted to get George Clinton on it, but that song is a hot mess.

Sunlight is a song that I liked but should've been on The Cure, if he ever makes it. It would've also been a great song to end the album with, butyou have to end this album with Life Changes so it seems out of place in the middle.

Life Changes was amazing, but I wish that they had longer verses and Ghost was on it, how is rza gonna give himself a full verse and make everyone
else stick to 8 bars.

Get Them Out Your Way Pa to me was dope, but would've fit in better on a Meth, Ghost or Rae album instead of a Wu album.

Starter is a joke, its that female cliche song that wu shouldn't have to pigeon hole themselves into.

The lyrics on this album were impeccable, Gza owns the last half of the album, I wish Ghost would've been around more but he owns the first half.

Meth and Rae came back so strong on this album, it makes me anticipate OB4CL II even more. Meth has renewed passion, like on 4:21 but without thewhining.

Deck as always is the unsung hero, and you get just enough U-God and Masta Killa, who come as strong on this album as on any of the last 3.

One of the best rap album in the last 5 yrs, with a full version of Thug World, give longer verses to everyone on Life Changes and add Ghost and replacingStarter, Wolves, and Sunlight with 3 other songs I think it would've been as good as Forever or 36.

The songs sound alot better than they do on unreleased versions, the production isn't nearly as bad as Rae and Ghost make it out to be, there are someawesome tracks on here, but you can see why they complained, Rza ruing Thug World, forcing the Heart Gently Weeps joint, and the decision to use the Wolves andStarter beats to make mediocre songs was not appreciated by me.

8.5/10.

Heart Gently Weeps is a good song but to me it was an attempt to make the album transcendent and it did the opposite.

This song is perfect in my opinion. When was the last time you heard such a musically beautiful song on a rap cd???
Same thing with Wolves, Rza wanted to get George Clinton on it, but that song is a hot mess.

You're crazy, Wolves is sick.
Sunlight is a song that I liked but should've been on The Cure

I agree. I also think it would've been sick to have Ghost on it too. Ghost and RZA always come correct together on tracks ie Tearz and Can't Go toSleep
Life Changes was amazing, but I wish that they had longer verses and Ghost was on it, how is rza gonna give himself a full verse and make everyone
else stick to 8 bars.

I lost respect for Ghost not being on this track. Yeah you may have had your differences in opionions about the album, but this track is dedication forDirty, he had no business not being on it.
Starter is a joke, its that female cliche song that wu shouldn't have to pigeon hole themselves into.

Only song on here I wasn't really feeling.

I lost respect for Ghost not being on this track. Yeah you may have had your differences in opionions about the album, but this track is dedication for Dirty, he had no business not being on it.
Do you know something that I dont? Ghost straight up said he wasn't gonna be on that song cuz he wasnt feelin it? Exactly what happened Ididnt know it was known that Ghost chose not to be on it.

smokin.gif

Sorta disappointed on 1st listen and this is coming from a big Wu fan. Maybe my expectations were too high. I have to give it a few more spins to get aconcrete opinion.

Album is more than I expected. Still not better than Big Doe Rehab (I hate to compare). But for real tho........................I ran Sunlight my whole commute...........vintage RZA flow

Sorta disappointed on 1st listen and this is coming from a big Wu fan. Maybe my expectations were too high. I have to give it a few more spins to get a concrete opinion.

Don't judge it off the first spin, this stuff grows on you heavily.

I dont understand how you guys dont like wolves, dopest track on the cd. weak spot, rushing elephants, and wolves are my early favs, im gona listen to campfireand come back with an edit

i love the album though im seriously not feeling Heart Gently Weeps, Ghostface singing?? oh NO. but im feeling the album, production is on point and Meth
pimp.gif

im obsessed with this cd man, somethin about the Wu will never get old to me. On the real though Meth brought it like no other, he kills every single verse hesgot.

Originally Posted by after h0urs

Sorta disappointed on 1st listen and this is coming from a big Wu fan. Maybe my expectations were too high. I have to give it a few more spins to get a concrete opinion.

i've been tied up with work so i didn't get a chance to pick mine up yet.. i've heard a few tracks online but after reading this post i'm dyingto get my copy and judge for myself.. will try 2 cop it tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom