Official XBOX 360 Thread: Tekken 6 on 360!

Anyone know when the GTAIV DLC is going to drop. I think it's sometime in Nov., but I'm not too sure.

By the way, I missed out on The Darkness for $8.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by xblaze23

By the way, I missed out on The Darkness for $8.
frown.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Dar...qid=1224387923&sr=8-5

its sold out?
My disc is working again.
pimp.gif

Good to hear. Did you do anything specifically or did it work again by itself?

I rubbed the back of the disc with a damp piece of toilet paper, then dryed it off with a dry piece of toilet paper.
laugh.gif

Tried rubbing it off with a soft cloth used to wipe off iPod and PSP screens and it didn't work, but the toilet paper did.
pimp.gif

Did anybody catch this article yet?

http://gear.ign.com/articles/920/920826p1.htmlhttp://gear.ign.com/articles/920/920826p1.html
[h1]Microsoft Gets Sued For Red Rings[/h1]

[h2]Excessive failure rate of the Xbox 360 spurs class-action lawsuit.[/h2]

by Scott Lowe

October 16, 2008 - The critical hardware failure known as The Three Red Rings of Death has been an unfortunate affliction for countless Xbox 360 owners. In fact, the problem has become so well known that we went as far as to name our Xbox 360 channel podcast after it. Fortunately, Microsoft has attempted to do customers right by extending the warranty of all Xbox 360 systems to cover any and all Three Red Light problems. The process is lengthy and tedious, but users can have their consoles repaired and returned, free of charge within two weeks.

microsued_1224199740.jpg

Nevertheless, many have speculated that the problem extends further than Microsoft has let on. During the early months of the console's lifespan, Microsoft announced that the issue had been contained within the industry average for hardware failure of three to five percent. In the time since, many reports have suggested that the hardware failure has been in excess of 30% or 40%. Taking these claims to heart, a class action lawsuit has been filed in the State of California against Microsoft for the red rings hardware failures.

The suit claims that Microsoft concealed the true failure rates to maintain a competitive edge with Sony and Nintendo. The suit is also reported to claim that the true failure rate has exceeded 50% of Xbox 360 consoles produced. The lawsuit seeks to have Microsoft formally execute a refund program for customers in California as well as disgorge all of the profits made from the Xbox 360.

For more on the legal battle against Microsoft, stay tuned to IGN Gear.

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

http://gear.ign.com/articles/920/920826p1.htmlhttp://gear.ign.com/articles/920/920826p1.htmlhttp://gear.ign.com/articles/920/920826p1.html

by Scott Lowe

October 16, 2008 - The critical hardware failure known as The Three Red Rings of Death has been an unfortunate affliction for countless Xbox 360 owners. In fact, the problem has become so well known that we went as far as to name our Xbox 360 channel podcast after it. Fortunately, Microsoft has attempted to do customers right by extending the warranty of all Xbox 360 systems to cover any and all Three Red Light problems. The process is lengthy and tedious, but users can have their consoles repaired and returned, free of charge within two weeks.

microsued_1224199740.jpg

Nevertheless, many have speculated that the problem extends further than Microsoft has let on. During the early months of the console's lifespan, Microsoft announced that the issue had been contained within the industry average for hardware failure of three to five percent. In the time since, many reports have suggested that the hardware failure has been in excess of 30% or 40%. Taking these claims to heart, a class action lawsuit has been filed in the State of California against Microsoft for the red rings hardware failures.

The suit claims that Microsoft concealed the true failure rates to maintain a competitive edge with Sony and Nintendo. The suit is also reported to claim that the true failure rate has exceeded 50% of Xbox 360 consoles produced. The lawsuit seeks to have Microsoft formally execute a refund program for customers in California as well as disgorge all of the profits made from the Xbox 360.

Interesting, I got the RROD on my old elite and returned it to best buy with my best buy warranty, I wonder If i could still get in on the classaction suit.

Originally Posted by Tom Jooks

Fable 2 is amazing. Picked up my copy last night, been playing ever since.

WAIT!!!!! How! Its not Tuesday (Wednesday for that matter cause thats when stores get in the games any ways)

Im playing fable (first one) right now and it's a really good game but I hate the D pad commands. navigating them is a pain.

Originally Posted by Cr8tiveRec21

WAIT!!!!! How! Its not Tuesday (Wednesday for that matter cause thats when stores get in the games any ways)

spots do release them early

My local shop had it since Thursday night for those who pre ordered, same with LittleBig Planet

I picked up my copy of LBP Friday night
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

My local shop had it since Thursday night for those who pre ordered, same with LittleBig Planet

smokin.gif

how is LBP?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

smokin.gif

how is LBP?
nerd.gif

Considering LBP was recalled and will be released on the 27th, yours is worth A TON of money. If your low on money and can wait, ebay it.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Originally Posted by akf0dy7

smokin.gif

how is LBP?
nerd.gif

Considering LBP was recalled and will be released on the 27th, yours is worth A TON of money. If your low on money and can wait, ebay it.

Honestly dude, theres at least 5 spots I can name off the bat out here in the socal LB/LAX area who have, or had it but already sold out
smile.gif

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

http://gear.ign.com/articles/920/920826p1.htmlhttp://gear.ign.com/articles/920/920826p1.htmlhttp://gear.ign.com/articles/920/920826p1.htmlhttp://gear.ign.com/articles/920/920826p1.html

by Scott Lowe

microsued_1224199740.jpg

Interesting, I got the RROD on my old elite and returned it to best buy with my best buy warranty, I wonder If i could still get in on the class action suit.

From what I'm hearing around work,

If the State of California wins, it's for anyone in California that can prove they purchased an Xbox 360 [a receipt basically].

I just got the RROD on my 360 Premium this past Thursday [for the first time, which I'm proud of],

And I'm about to send that in to Microsoft... Nonetheless, that could be a $400+ check in the mail.

Bought a 360 Elite that same day, but I bought it on eBay... Kinda regret doing so now, shoulda bought it in-store.

Would've possibly gotten $800+ in the mail [if this does pass].
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom