Official Xbox 360 Thread...Xfinity, HBOGO, MLB TV up

What are some good or essential xbox related iphone apps?

Smart glass app..

Xbox-SmartGlass-Logo.jpg

I don't really play this system because I don't have time(wish I did), but my kids are starting to play quite a bit - mostly sports games but a few other ones that may require a headset- can anyone recommend a cheap yet quality brand or something that is going to stand up to a little bit of "abuse' roughness of young kids? Someone mentioned "turtle beach" brand but I have no clue if that is good or not. Thanks in advance.

^ I don't know much about headsets either but I always hear the name "Turtle Beach" get thrown around a lot.

I don't really play this system because I don't have time(wish I did), but my kids are starting to play quite a bit - mostly sports games but a few other ones that may require a headset- can anyone recommend a cheap yet quality brand or something that is going to stand up to a little bit of "abuse' roughness of young kids? Someone mentioned "turtle beach" brand but I have no clue if that is good or not. Thanks in advance.
I've had the Turtle Beach x12 headphones for about a year and half now. Build quality is good and the sound is, as well. Ive dropped them a few times and they have withstood the impact. Look into them, 4 1/2 out of 5 stars on Amazon. Legit product.

To anyone who is a fan of GTA, you should check out Bully.

Bully is one of the best games on the ps2 and 360 for that matter.

Speaking of Bully, who has bought a downloadable game via xbl?

What are the pros and cons of buying a digital game via xbl as opposed to purchasing the disc?

I'd like to buy Bully from xbl since it's about $5 cheaper, but I'm wondering if I have to be signed into xbl to play it.

When I used to buy rock band songs I couldn't play the songs that I bought because I wasn't signed into xbl.

That rustled my jimmies.

Dozens of Xbox 360 games are set to go on sale from next Tuesday, 18th December, with additional daily discounts through until New Year's Eve.

18th - 31st December sale items

Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition
Joe Danger 2: The Movie
Zuma's Revenge!
The Simpsons Arcade Game
Wreckateer
Plants vs. Zombies
Peggle
PeggleNights Content Pack
Fire Pro Wrestling
SONIC 4 Episode II
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
RAW
A World of Keflings
A World of Keflings - Sugar, Spice and Not So Nice
A World of Keflings - It Came From Outer Space
Kinect Party
Jet Set Radio
A number of Games on Demand titles will also be on sale - these are still to be announced.

18th December - Modern Warfare 3 deals

Modern Warfare 3
Collection 1 DLC
Collection 2 DLC
Collection 3 DLC
Collection 4 DLC

19th: LEGO Games

Lego Batman
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Lego Star Wars III
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
Lego Indiana Jones 2
Lego Harry Potter

20th: Platformer Games

Fez
HELL YEAH! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Sonic Adventure 2
Rayman Origins
Rayman 3 HD
Mark of the Ninja
Trine 2

21st: Rockstar Games

L.A. Noire
Red Dead Redemption
Max Payne 3
Midnight Club: LA

22nd: TBA

23rd: Summer of Arcade 2012 Games

Dust: An Elysian Tail
Deadlight
Hybrid

24th: Trials HD and Trials Evolution

Trials HD
Trials HD - Big Thrills
Trials HD - Big Pack
Trials Evolution
Trials Evolution: Origin of Pain

25th: Kinect Family

Hydro Thunder
Rock of Ages
Mini Ninjas Adventures
Leedmees
Fruit Ninja Kinect
Fruit Ninja Kinect - 8-bit Cartridge
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Art Box
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Space Capsule
Fruit Ninja Kinect - Storm Season

26th: TBA

27th: Borderlands

Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Borderlands 2 Season Pass

28th: The Walking Dead
Episode 1 of the WD will be FREE Dec 25-31

The Walking Dead Episode 1
The Walking Dead Episode 2
The Walking Dead Episode 3
The Walking Dead Episode 4
The Walking Dead Episode 5

29th: Family Games

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Cars 2: The Video Game
Crash Of The Titans
Toy Story 3
Crazy Taxi
The Splatters

30th: Fighting Games

Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
Street Fighter III: Online Edition
Dungeon Fighter LIVE: Fall Of Hendon Myre

31st: Skyrim and Oblivion

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Dawnguard
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim: Hearthfire
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Shivering Isles
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Knights of the Nine

What are the pros and cons of buying a digital game via xbl as opposed to purchasing the disc?
You'll be good. I actually bought Bully from XBL and it plays just like you put the disc in

Anybody knows if there's gonna be another deal for the console? I need a 250 GB S model cause my old 20GB Pro model ain't cutting it anymore. And no, I don't want the bundle, I already have Forza 4 and I have no interest in Skyrim.

lmao they gave the game and 8.7 but it only had 17 hours of playable story?

LMAO

Anybody knows if there's gonna be another deal for the console? I need a 250 GB S model cause my old 20GB Pro model ain't cutting it anymore. And no, I don't want the bundle, I already have Forza 4 and I have no interest in Skyrim.
:nerd:

Someone mentioned "turtle beach" brand but I have no clue if that is good or not.

TurtleBeach is a good brand, the X12's are da basic stereo headset, gives you game audio with the explosions and all that, plus chat audio, and you can control the bass and the chat channel and muting your own mic. I got my X12's about 8 months ago for $60 and they still retail that, i would buy then online, maybe newegg or amazon. they can take abuse, as long you don't sit on them or jump on them. they're also wired, which can be annoying when they get tangled, the X32's and X42's are wireless but they start at around $100. the basic $20 dollar microsoft mic is pretty cheap and plastic-y, and also only has chat audio.

no, there isn't likely to be another deal in the near future, it just price dropped down to $250 like 2-3 months ago. What I would do is sell your 20gb xbox on CL or ebay and try and get around $100, then buy the holiday bundle with Forza, and sell Forza also for 20-30. if you can sell your old xbox you can basically pay down at least a 1/3rd of the 250gb.

there is basically a ton of good rumors about the details of the manufacturing of the new Xbox coming out next year. I believe it to be true since the generation cycle for the xbox and ps3 is well up, which usually runs for 6 years. Plus there is no way in hell nintendo gets the market to itself for 2 years. If I'm correct then next summer we'll probably get another price drop on the xbox slim models which makes perfect sense. even if there is a price drop before summer probably in Q2 of 2013 soonest.

Last edited:
So with Showtime finally getting with the times and creating Showtime Anytime, how long do you think before it's available for the Xbox?

Back
Top Bottom