Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
It might be time to let Halo rest for a while. I’ve never been a big Halo fan but I do enjoy the campaigns and rank Master Chief up there with the likes of Mario, Kratos, Nathan Drake etc. but it just seems like they can’t keep the momentum going with Halo anymore.

These cuts to 343 will most likely affect the campaign.

Think Mint Blitz did a good non bias video talking about the recent cuts.

I actually enjoyed the Halo Infinite campaign and was looking forward to the continuation of the story 😢

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they say they are gonna reboot Halo and kill the gold timeline (the Bungie-created story)

And make the silver timeline (the Paramount Plus) show the new cannon

If I ever see Satya Nadella and Phil Spencer in real life...
the40year-old-virgin-kevin-hart.gif

I haven’t played Infinite MP in months but it was enjoyable.

I just think people expect too much out of Halo.

Microsoft basically said **** all our original titles except for Forza. Even the new Fable has been in a huge limbo and won’t be shocked if it doesn’t happen.

Microsoft basically said **** all our original titles except for Forza. Even the new Fable has been in a huge limbo and won’t be shocked if it doesn’t happen.
Nah it’s happening. I think the industry needs to let consumers know that, **** is going to take longer than ever.

6-7 years is going to be the new norm for AAA games. COD isn’t a good counter because they put 10+ studios on every title.

Fable is likely 24-25. Dev for it started in 2017 and the pandemic slowed everything down about a year

I haven’t played Infinite MP in months but it was enjoyable.

I just think people expect too much out of Halo.
Halo gets held to a standard most games don’t. Destiny is floundering but that’s fine. Halo has to be the top of the industry .

Anyway todays news doesn’t mean halo is dead. It’s basically saying hey, we can’t trust you 343 so we are gonna let other studios give pitches for halo games they may want to make. You keep doing the MP and assist/look at the studios. And we may get halo wars 3 or a mass effect like halo game from obsidian etc

It's a shame really because Microsoft was looking like the good guys for a long time.

Somebody needs to get it through their heads that not everything needs to be AAA.

Anyway todays news doesn’t mean halo is dead. It’s basically saying hey, we can’t trust you 343 so we are gonna let other studios give pitches for halo games they may want to make. You keep doing the MP and assist/look at the studios. And we may get halo wars 3 or a mass effect like halo game from obsidian etc
Which makes no ******* sense

It was the multiplayer issues that pissed off fans to a much larger degree than any of the campaigns.

H5 seemed like the least liked campaign and the major complaints were not playing as Chief, and repetitive boss fights

This is probably just a pure business decision. Infinite multiplayer can make more money over the next few years than campaigns. So Chief gets put on ice so they can cut costs and focus on selling **** like season passes

Last edited:
Which makes no ****ing sense

It was the multiplayer issues that pissed off fans to a much larger degree than any of the campaigns.

H5 seemed like the least liked campaign and the major complaints were not playing as Chief, and repetitive boss fights

This is probably just a pure business decision. Infinite multiplayer can make more money over the next few years than campaigns. So Chief gets put on ice so they can cut costs and focus on selling **** like season passes
Nah it makes sense. It’s not easy going both a Single player and a multiplayer. With infinite, the single player was the dev issue and that took resources from the entire teaM.

Their focus now is getting the MP to an acceptable place and a good release cadence. Seasons are back to 3 months instead of 6 months ( 3 is in March and 4 is in June or July). They also can now divert resources to the BR mode.

And yea, single player dlc does way less engagement than mp stuff. So that’s also gonna factor in

Nah it makes sense. It’s not easy going both a Single player and a multiplayer. With infinite, the single player was the dev issue and that took resources from the entire teaM.

Their focus now is getting the MP to an acceptable place and a good release cadence. Seasons are back to 3 months instead of 6 months ( 3 is in March and 4 is in June or July). They also can now divert resources to the BR mode.

And yea, single player dlc does way less engagement than mp stuff. So that’s also gonna factor in
It is hard because MS and Microsft mismanaged 343 and hamstrung them. Like overusing contractors

Former 343 employees have been saying the same thing for a while

Halo's identity is based on both campaigns. Master Chief is the main mascot

And now no game with Chief is coming out for probably the rest of this generation at best

When the game launched, it had a lot of favorable reviews and praise. It was the lack of content on the multiplayer side

Seems like right now is the worst time to deploy the "it takes resources away from the team" excuse because they just fired a bunch of devs,

This is about squeezing the most money out of the situation

The more I think about it the more the excuse they are focusing on other parts of Infinite makes no sense

If MS thought 343 needed to focus on other parts of the game, then the answer would be to hire more devs, or move devs from the campaign to multiplayer team, not fire them

I under the entire MS is facing cuts, and if you are making a business decision in the face of that, then yeah the multiplayer makes more money so that is the one spared

This isn't about helping the multiplayer team. It is about cutting cost.

Last edited:
its insane how bad CoD is right now.

They must have increased the SBMM by 100000000000% bc Jesus Christ im getting Timmy No Thumbs on my team

Feeling bad for 343 devs who got let go and also for the Halo pros who banked a career on Infinite being popular and the HCS being the best it could be.

:/

The more I think about it the more the excuse they are focusing on other parts of Infinite makes no sense

If MS thought 343 needed to focus on other parts of the game, then the answer would be to hire more devs, or move devs from the campaign to multiplayer team, not fire them

I under the entire MS is facing cuts, and if you are making a business decision in the face of that, then yeah the multiplayer makes more money so that is the one spared

This isn't about helping the multiplayer team. It is about cutting cost.
Turns out that entire thing was BS

Back
Top Bottom