Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
So yesterday I was playing the division with my buddy and he fast traveled to a settlement well I fast traveled after him and I loaded in before he did and was able to walk around and see him load in. It blew me away with how fast the division was loading up. Next up is RDR2 because those load times were terrible.

im bad with computers and ish. lol i just like to play cod and the occasional other game

i think the S should suit me just fine?

I need help or advice in regards to Xbox Live.
Ill be buying call of duty cold war tonight but I also need to buy Xbox Live Gold for Multiplayer.
I been reading about this Live to Game pass conversion.
Can someone please explain how that works?
Does game pass include Gold?
I see that I still have the $1 1 month offer but I was reading that I shouldn't redeem it until I buy Live Gold first or something like that?

You simply have the option to switch from standard Xbox Live to Game Pass Ultimate if you so choose. Yes that includes Gold.

They'll usually give you a good deal for the first month (I think it's a dollar) of Game Pass Ultimate. After that it's 15 dollars a month.

Last edited:
I need help or advice in regards to Xbox Live.
Ill be buying call of duty cold war tonight but I also need to buy Xbox Live Gold for Multiplayer.
I been reading about this Live to Game pass conversion.
Can someone please explain how that works?
Does game pass include Gold?
I see that I still have the $1 1 month offer but I was reading that I shouldn't redeem it until I buy Live Gold first or something like that?
The trick is if you load up on Xbox love, and convert it to gamepass ultimate, you basically get X amount of ultimate (which is live and gamepass combined).

ex. I had 8 months of live on my acct, I converted it to Gamepass ultimate . Now I have 8 months of that. It’s just cheaper because a month of gold is $10 and a month of ultimate is $15.
You can look around and try and get ultimate on sale etc or do the conversion.

im bad with computers and ish. lol i just like to play cod and the occasional other game

i think the S should suit me just fine?
The S is a digital only console. So if you don’t mind just buying COD and maybe one other game digitally then sure. Also it’s a 1080p machine. So if you have a 4K TV, it may look worse

The S is a digital only console. So if you don’t mind just buying COD and maybe one other game digitally then sure. Also it’s a 1080p machine. So if you have a 4K TV, it may look worse

So the S doesnt deliver 4k ??? What the hell is the point of upgrading to it then

So the S doesnt deliver 4k ??? What the hell is the point of upgrading to it then
Well not to get too in the weeds but it’s designed to be 1080p but also be able to play next gen games. For example the Xbox one X or ps 4 pro can deliver higher resolution but are still hampered by older architecture

so if you have a 4K tv, this prob isn’t for you. Mainly for more casual peeps that don’t care about the best visual fidelity

The trick is if you load up on Xbox love, and convert it to gamepass ultimate, you basically get X amount of ultimate (which is live and gamepass combined).

ex. I had 8 months of live on my acct, I converted it to Gamepass ultimate . Now I have 8 months of that. It’s just cheaper because a month of gold is $10 and a month of ultimate is $15.
You can look around and try and get ultimate on sale etc or do the conversion.

thank so much, totally makes sense now.
So I’ll be purchasing 1yr of live tonight and once I redeem the $1 Game Pass month I’ll choose to convert my Gold..... got it

Well not to get too in the weeds but it’s designed to be 1080p but also be able to play next gen games. For example the Xbox one X or ps 4 pro can deliver higher resolution but are still hampered by older architecture

so if you have a 4K tv, this prob isn’t for you. Mainly for more casual peeps that don’t care about the best visual fidelity

Incorrect. It’s designed to be 1440p x60

Well turns out my 2nd Gen astro a40s do work. I thought they weren't supposed to. Gonna hold onto those for a bit still. Probably gonna pick AC and maybe the shock blue controller during black friday sales.

Everyone is pretty on point... Xbox Series X = 4k next-gen console. S = budget 1080/1440p all digital next-gen console.

If you have a 4k TV and care about having better graphics then that's what you want, but there are a lot of people out there that are still rocking 1080p (or even 720p) TVs or gaming monitors, and their original Xbox One Day One Edition, so the S would still be a big upgrade from that and $300 is the sweet spot entry level for a game console, so it will fill its nitch demographic nicely... however, I would urge anyone willing to spend $300-500 on a game console to spend at least that on a newer TV if they haven't already made that upgrade to 4k.

Just be sure when buying a new television that it's 120 hertz.

Can't get 120 FPS without one.

8E21E3E7-342E-41F2-A50F-02B27B182BE1.jpeg
Amazon finally with an update.

S is 1440p but can also run up to 120 framers per second, which the older consoles cannot. It'll still have faster load times and run a lot smoother. People gaming on monitors usually are on 1440p because 4k on a smaller size screen is kind of not necessary. It's also just a value console. Something to join next gen with but not have to drop half a rack on if you're a casual gamer.

I definitely tried for an X but ended up with an S but I’m cool with it. I basically only play COD, Madden/2k, and if there’s a new GTA. Will most likely just get the storage expansion and call it good. I used to buy hella games but always found myself coming back to the same ones

I guess M$ struggling with the controllers too. Ordered that a couple of days ago and it's still pending. Can't play without a system anyway, but still odd.

I haven’t done much reading but is there a reason COD wasn’t released the same day as launch for the new systems?

Back
Top Bottom