Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 129 78.7%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
You can definitely pull up to a regular store and get an S now. I was in Target yesterday and they had 3 of them chillen in the display case.

I still think the S should come with a disc drive for the price. Or even @ $329 or something...

Once you purchase their proprietary memory expansion, you have spent more than the cost of the Series X. Not cool.

It only makes sense to me when you cross over into the Nintendo Switch space, obviously not for on-the-go gaming, but if you like or need to move your console from place to place with minimal effort...

Guess it's just a gateway drug.

I still think the S should come with a disc drive for the price. Or even @ $329 or something...

Once you purchase their proprietary memory expansion, you have spent more than the cost of the Series X. Not cool.

It only makes sense to me when you cross over into the Nintendo Switch space, obviously not for on-the-go gaming, but if you like or need to move your console from place to place with minimal effort...

Guess it's just a gateway drug.
Honestly unless you have 20 games installed, you shouldn’t ever need an extra hard drive. Even on my XB1 I never came close to filling up the hard drive and I olay tons of games

If it had a UHD drive it would be the best deal for a 4k BD player on the market, that also happens to be a very powerful gaming console as well. As it is, I think $300 is extremely reasonable for what you get. It doesn't appeal to me, personally... but if I didn't already have a SX and wanted a next gen console, I would buy an S for now to hold me over until the SX are more readily available. Makes more sense than putting the extra $200-300 in a scalpers pocket, plus you could always move the SS to another room or give it away after you get an X.

I have to disagree with the above statement though. My 1TB has been full since last year. I do have like 200 games installed, but most of which are older Xbox One games on a 5TB external HDD.

If it had a UHD drive it would be the best deal for a 4k BD player on the market, that also happens to be a very powerful gaming console as well. As it is, I think $300 is extremely reasonable for what you get. It doesn't appeal to me, personally... but if I didn't already have a SX and wanted a next gen console, I would buy an S for now to hold me over until the SX are more readily available. Makes more sense than putting the extra $200-300 in a scalpers pocket, plus you could always move the SS to another room or give it away after you get an X.

I have to disagree with the above statement though. My 1TB has been full since last year. I do have like 200 games installed, but most of which are older Xbox One games on a 5TB external HDD.

Right, when UHD first broke and I copped my first 4K Sony display, I bought the original One S just for the UHD drive @ $199.

Same. Low key kinda wish I had kept my 2TB Series S to put in one of the guest bedrooms, but I'm sure they will release remodeled versions of both systems eventually.

It's a beast of a device with gaming PC specs and works with any external hard drive. It's definitely worth it. Folks still don't understand what they're getting.

Every single Best Buy in my area has them ready to order, ready in an hour. Folks not understanding is either inaccurate or a huge understatement.

The support for USB storage is a great point, though. I'm just not a fan of having to move enhanced titles back n forth before playing - or the some will play, some don't thing.

The difference in load times is kind of negligible, especially with an SSD. I use an external NVME on the PS5 and really can't tell the difference.

xbox series s avail.PNG

Man Hell Let Loose is brutal, could be walking and someone will drop from a headshot and you all duck or seeing bodies just obliterated from artillery is wild. I love it.

Bought Control Ultimate Edition for like around $12. Was able to get a $15 Xbox GC for $10 and paid the rest off via debit card.

Also if anyone is interested. The app where I got the code from allows you to buy up to 4 $15 Xbox GCs for $10 each, potentially saving you $20 on a $60/70 game. Name of the app is Slide. Here's my referral link if you're interested (thanks in advance):

Control is a great game
I played like 60% of it on my base Xbox last year. It was ok but the performance was abysmal. Thought about getting it for xsx but the save data doesn’t transfer over and I don’t really feel like starting from scratch

For whatever reason it didn't really grab me when it first came out. I bought the CE after seeing the reviews, played it for less than an hour on my X1X, and never touched it again. Then I finally got a new gaming PC and it was free on Epic Game Store so I figured I would try it out to see what all the fuss was about with Ray Tracing, and I guess that was enough to draw me in. Either way, ray tracing or not, the game is a modern classic that I recommend everyone give a chance. It's just so weird and cool and it definitely gets better the more you play.

Back
Top Bottom