Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 129 78.7%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
I finally opened my Xbox series x last week and spent a good chunk of the weekend playing it... I've had it since last year waiting on the new Forza motorsport but Horizon 5 looks so good, I decided it was time.

Being a PlayStation guy at heart and having owned all others besides the OG, I can honestly say I really really like it. The console is a complete TANK and the integration with the app is really cool. The only quibble I've had so far was having to log into Xlive on desktop or thru the app to see "my games". Without that, seems you have to know them in advance, search for them and then choose to download. Everything on the console out of the box is buy game pass!!!! buy game pass!!! Yes, please buy the game pass!!! - lol.

I have a 90-day code that came from one of the Antonline bundles I hit on last year but just wanted to break the ice by playing the stuff I already own (re-learn the controls). Everything else was iron-clad. I was also quickly reminded of how much more I prefer the Xbox controller - the grippy new back is a seriously nice touch too. I had an elite Series 2 as well but sold it this past summer after researching all of the issues.

I game on a 32" 1440p Samsung G7 and seeing a game in the native resolution was also very nice. The Ody G7 operating system has some type of trick that will allow both the PS5 and XSX to push 4K 120 but it was really cool getting to see some stuff in actual 1440p. I wish the PS5 guys could figure that out... scaling is cool but there is something very clean about native.

All in all, both consoles are magnificent imho. We got lucky on this generation... Cheers.

edit: Not a fan of the XBOX wireless headset not having an auxiliary jack. I'm not good at keeping headsets charged... So I've been using the PS5 headset connected to the controller. The xbox controller does push the Pulse 3D headset much louder than the PS5 itself. With dolby audio, it is quite a treat.

Last edited:
Never completed FH 1/2/3 but put tons of hours in them... especially 2/3. Tons of content for the price.

Excited for the 9th.

Guys whose the cat that swore by Forza Horizon that put us all onto it last gen.

He was in the last thread and was to Forza what iheartboost/radiuss is to Sony.

Somebody had to put XBOX players on to Forza?

No... nobody "put" us onto Forza it's the A1 car Sim for Xbox and gaming as a whole but the dude from the last Xbox thread use to swear up and down it was the greatest and as someone who usually wouldn't buy it I bought it off the strength of him.

I mean the normal XSX version is 1080p/60fps. I found it fine to play

Yeah I wasn't really that mad about how it was running on XSX on RD. I put a decent amount of time into it. Kind of wasn't in the mood for an open world single player game mid-play so I stopped. At this point I'll prob just wait it out and restart the game

man i want to try the new duty but i already have a feeling SnD just aint gonna be the same

**** was straight garbage in cold war

Back
Top Bottom