Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
They're bringing back the pit for Halo Infinite.

Saw them play this earlier. The Pit is always my go to example of why Sprint in Halo is bad. Its the perfect example of how it warps the scale of the game. We’re on our 4th Pit and three of them have been insanely large.

Belgium Belgium made the point earlier and I’ve made it like 100 times but yeah. Just look at H3 pit vs the rest… awful

The Pit is one of the goat maps but my personal favorite was actually Citadel
I know not everyone was a big fan of the latter though, not sure why.

Saw them play this earlier. The Pit is always my go to example of why Sprint in Halo is bad. Its the perfect example of how it warps the scale of the game. We’re on our 4th Pit and three of them have been insanely large.

Belgium Belgium made the point earlier and I’ve made it like 100 times but yeah. Just look at H3 pit vs the rest… awful

Do you have the video of them playing on Pitfinite?

Do you have the video of them playing on Pitfinite?
Just checked Twitter and nothing.
Here is a walk through or fly through of Pit on Infinite.

The thing about remakes in Sprint Halo is that the games play so differently that the remakes never work. Every Sprint Halo has an insane amount of cover on every map, whereas the old games didn't cause that wasn't how they were structured. While I was watching I saw that the Jump Box inside OBJ was moved and I can't tell but the Jump box in the Pit itself is probably gone too cause why would you need it if you can just clamber from Pit to Plat, clamber from OBJ to Plat, Clamber from Washly to Green Box etc etc etc. The height advantage importance of half the map is removed. Its just weird.

It just doesn't work. Not saying it to slander the new games but so much doesn't move backward with them. Like all the stairs in this game. Like why so many stairs?

Anyways H3 is the GOAT man. It had the perfect blend of teamwork and individuality. No other game had it right. Even H1 & 2. Even the stuff people didn't like; the floaty jumping, No hitscan (hitscan sucks) the fact that the nades fly through the air and bounce off the ground like a tennis ball (I loved this), I thought those were all worthwhile adds.

It was the game where the redundancy of guns started to rear its head (shout out to The Mauler and The Spiker) but it still was like an 8 gun game at the end of the day.

Also by far the best map pool in the series, and it isn't even close. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

The Pit is one of the goat maps but my personal favorite was actually Citadel
I know not everyone was a big fan of the latter though, not sure why.
Standoff>>>>. Citadel has too much cheese for me, with the ledges and all that. Never got into the habit of checking them. I also really don't care for symmetrical maps where the spawns flip.

On the latter point......Midship sucks. Easily the most over rated map in the history of this franchise.

Only thing I dislike about Halo 3 is the pickup items that prolong your death.

Have someone down one shot and they pull out a bubble shield or regeneration, the worst.

Wild take. Super wild.
Overrated might be harsh, but there’s nothing special about the map. Plus you can easily get dominated if someone has control of a Warthog.

Good maps(imo): The Pit, Snowbound, Guardian, High Ground, Narrows, Construct, Cold Storage, to name a few. I know I’m missing a few but those come to mind first.

Overrated might be harsh, but there’s nothing special about the map. Plus you can easily get dominated if someone has control of a Warthog.

Good maps(imo): The Pit, Snowbound, Guardian, High Ground, Narrows, Construct, Cold Storage, to name a few. I know I’m missing a few but those come to mind first.

Can easily stop a warthog.

So many options.

Brute shot, laser, plasma pistol and grenade, power drain, rockets.

Against a good squad I wouldn't even use the warthog.

Halo 3 talk...
sleep.gif

When are Halo 3 maps coming to infinite? Guardian is the GOAT map.
To their credit, Infinite's Forge looks incredible. I'm sure it won't take long for other Forge remakes besides The Pit to start being added.

Guardian is awful. Plays way too slow. Too many 30-29 games, and spawning Elbow at the start gives you OV, Sniper, the bubble, and a 50/50 shot at Camo, its truly ridiculous.

Played duty a bit over weekend

Im not sure if i am burnt out by multiplayer games or if i just enjoy Battle Royale waaaay more these days

Search & Destroy just dont feel the same and ill never play TDM campfest

3rd person was pretty cool though

Last edited:
Guardian is awful. Plays way too slow. Too many 30-29 games, and spawning Elbow at the start gives you OV, Sniper, the bubble, and a 50/50 shot at Camo, its truly ridiculous.
Guardian is the goat for 1v1s but yeah I agree 100%. If it's not a particularly sweaty match, I enjoy Guardian but one side has a very big advantage and at the top level it often turns into a campfest.

Can easily stop a warthog.

So many options.

Brute shot, laser, plasma pistol and grenade, power drain, rockets.

Against a good squad I wouldn't even use the warthog.

Warthog was often the difference maker tbh. A great driver can make it a huge pain in the *** for the other team to stop the Warthog. If you're in the lead, it's just a matter of maintaining spartan laser control and having the Warthog lay down covering fire on anyone who tries to push out. I've played with and against (mostly the latter) some of the best drivers in H3 multiplayer and trying to destroy a Hog with an amazing driver is a lot harder than it sounds.

Last edited:
No other map emphasized setting up and controlling the map like Standoff did. It was great.
Warthog was often the difference maker tbh. A great driver can make it a huge pain in the *** for the other team to stop the Warthog. If you're in the lead, it's just a matter of maintaining spartan laser control and having the Warthog lay down covering fire on anyone who tries to push out. I've played with and against (mostly the latter) some of the best drivers in H3 multiplayer and trying to destroy a Hog with an amazing driver is a lot harder than it sounds.
^^^^^ All of this. It was very simplistic but very nuanced

Put a guy BR Rock/Rocket Rock, two guys in the hog, laser guy top of your base win the game. Few people really knew how to drive too. Its one of two 4v4 maps where the Hog matters.

Ol Walsh wasn’t even top tier individual player in H3

I caught the tail end of the throwback match on the Pit and seen him spraying his BR everywhere. Was surprised he wasn’t getting absolutely dogged in the first match but I doubt anyone was taking that stuff serous at all. :lol:

Had a chance to play 3 matches of TDM on the CoD Beta this morning and actually liked it. Definitely reminds me of the old MW2 days when I fill CoD was at its best. Will have to put more time in once I get off work so I can test out different weapons. That starter assault rifle is a pain.

Had a chance to play 3 matches of TDM on the CoD Beta this morning and actually liked it. Definitely reminds me of the old MW2 days when I fill CoD was at its best. Will have to put more time in once I get off work so I can test out different weapons. That starter assault rifle is a pain.

think beta ends at 1pm est today sadly

Back
Top Bottom