• Xbox Series X

Votes: 130 78.8%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.2%

• Total voters
Yes you do.

The FTC's argument is that Microsoft with Activision will have enough market power to hurt Sony in the console market. Mainly by taking away COD.

Microsoft's argument is that they can't. Sony has too much market share, and that taking COD off of PlayStation would be a dumb business move.

So my saying stuff like this, they are trying to undercut Sony and the FTC's legal arguments for blocking the deal.

So far, the FTC is the only regulator body that has argued that about the console market.

MS doesn't care about that people say online. They are trying to get this merger through. So that is a smart argument to make.

I got my xbox series x late last year and was thinking of getting an elite series 2 controller, but it was released about 3yrs ago and I heard it has qc issues so decided to hold off.

Has anyone seen anything on the 3 possibly coming out this year :nerd: or should I just look elsewhere for other controllers?

Real talk, MS looking sick and flabby outchea

Government should let them buy COD so they can gain an ounce of self respect

Sony still gonna dominate regardless. No amount of wishing and hoping from Xbox fans not gonna change that...
ezgif-1-7602cc66f6.gif

Last edited:
I got my xbox series x late last year and was thinking of getting an elite series 2 controller, but it was released about 3yrs ago and I heard it has qc issues so decided to hold off.

Has anyone seen anything on the 3 possibly coming out this year :nerd: or should I just look elsewhere for other controllers?

Are you going for Wired or Wireless and does First Party branding matter to you? Because for the price, quality, and programmable back buttons, the 8bitdo Xbox controller is the best one of the market to me.

Only issue is the patent on wireless. If 8bitdo could drop a wireless of that, all my controllers would be from them.

Are you going for Wired or Wireless and does First Party branding matter to you? Because for the price, quality, and programmable back buttons, the 8bitdo Xbox controller is the best one of the market to me.

Only issue is the patent on wireless. If 8bitdo could drop a wireless of that, all my controllers would be from them.
I am trying to stick to wireless and first party, but will check this out.

I wanted the adjustable thumbsticks and paddles.

Real talk, MS looking sick and flabby outchea

Government should let them buy COD so they can gain an ounce of self respect

Sony still gonna dominate regardless. No amount of wishing and hoping from Xbox fans not gonna change that...
ezgif-1-7602cc66f6.gif
Any Xbox fan with a brain knows that Xbox has cemented themselves in third place and no matter what they do, it won't change. Even Phil Spencer admitted in an interview recently that there is no way for Xbox to catch up to Sony at this point, especially after the Xbox One rollout, and that in no world does a game like Starfield or any other make Playstation fans sell their consoles and jump ship to Xbox. And he's okay with that. Only diehard, loser fanboys are bothered by Microsoft's position in the gaming industry.

As far as Call of Duty goes, Microsoft acquiring ABK would be good for COD fans as a whole because it could potentially lead to Activision actually going through with giving COD games 4 years of development time and 2 years of post-launch support like MWII was reportedly supposed to have. Maybe then we'd get titles on par with MW2 (2009) and Black Ops 2 instead of the mediocre garbage we've gotten recently.

Any Xbox fan with a brain knows that Xbox has cemented themselves in third place and no matter what they do, it won't change. Even Phil Spencer admitted in an interview recently that there is no way for Xbox to catch up to Sony at this point, especially after the Xbox One rollout, and that in no world does a game like Starfield or any other make Playstation fans sell their consoles and jump ship to Xbox. And he's okay with that. Only diehard, loser fanboys are bothered by Microsoft's position in the gaming industry.

As far as Call of Duty goes, Microsoft acquiring ABK would be good for COD fans as a whole because it could potentially lead to Activision actually going through with giving COD games 4 years of development time and 2 years of post-launch support like MWII was reportedly supposed to have. Maybe then we'd get titles on par with MW2 (2009) and Black Ops 2 instead of the mediocre garbage we've gotten recently.
Far from the truth.

Far from the truth.
The last part is definitely speculative on my part and is just my opinion, because the ABK acquisition could go through and we still get mediocre COD games every year like we've been getting for a while now. But the first part is objectively true. Xbox is, and will always be, third in the gaming industry.

I come in peace -
I recently got a Series X and these are my ubiased thoughts:
I've always been a liked Xbox and have owned a 360 and a One S. I also own a PS5 so I'm not a fanboy for either company. I just buy the games I want that I like.
With that said,The Series X feels like a One X updated tot his new Gen. It doesn't give me the "feel" of a new console. The Dashboard/OS is the same and still takes clicking through a dozen sub menus to get to where you want.
The controller is the same other than the grip spots that were added. It's lighter, feels cheaper and the D-pad clicks and clanks now.
I love the monolith design of the console and I think this is the coolest console design of all time. I love how quiet and cool it runs. The fan openings throughout the console are really nice.

I bought the console now in preparation for Starfield and because I wanted to play Diablo 4 on it. MS is going to eventually buy Blizzard so I thought why not. It may get more support on the Xbox platform in the future.

The Showcase last week was dope. I'm excited for the new Forza Motorsports and Fable. I really hope all the upcoming games turn out to be good so it can get Xbox back on track in a good position on the market.
The 1TB Series S announcement was lulz. No one asked for that and the $349 price is laughable.
I'm not happy that they are raising the price of Game Pass and consoles overseas. Seems like a douche move to capitalize on the release of Starfield.
They should be at the stage in this gen where they are dropping prices not raising them.

Compared to the PS5 and how different that "feels" from the PS4 I think the Series X should be priced $50 less than the PS5.

The last part is definitely speculative on my part and is just my opinion, because the ABK acquisition could go through and we still get mediocre COD games every year like we've been getting for a while now. But the first part is objectively true. Xbox is, and will always be, third in the gaming industry.
They are third place in the console market, that is probably not gonna change

They can eventually become the biggest company in the overall gaming market though

The Series X’s hardware/software is overall better than the PS5s in my opinion. Mainly due to the availability of apps.

They are third place in the console market, that is probably not gonna change

They can eventually become the biggest company in the overall gaming market though
For sure, yeah. The difference between Xbox and Sony is that Xbox is basically a subsidiary of a TECH GIANT, that has a market cap of 2.52 TRILLION USD, rather than a standalone gaming company. Microsoft has the money to buy up a good chunk of the game market and add it to Xbox' portfolio. Xbox as a company could reach a size that Sony could only dream of, due to having such tremendous buying power backing it. If they remain committed to keeping COD on other platforms and avoid monopolizing ABK altogether, then I don't see the issue but that type of power will definitely need to remain in check.

So if they've lost the console wars why not just undercut Sony and price the Xbox cheaper in a push to get people to buy Game pass or other MS studio games?
First off this is a tactic to appeal to the judge. The “wars” are about plastic box sales. They don’t care about that. They care about money. Despite Nintendo and PlayStation selling way more, Xbox actually makes more money than Nintendo and way closer to PlayStation than you would think.

Microsoft knows that if they bug activision every PC gamer will reluctantly have to get a gamepass sub. That then transfers over to cloud gaming as well as any influx of console purchases. Their max console sales would prob be 60-70 mill. But that’s not the only place they get money from unlike Sony and Nintendo

For sure, yeah. The difference between Xbox and Sony is that Xbox is basically a subsidiary of a TECH GIANT, that has a market cap of 2.52 TRILLION USD, rather than a standalone gaming company. Microsoft has the money to buy up a good chunk of the game market and add it to Xbox' portfolio. Xbox as a company could reach a size that Sony could only dream of, due to having such tremendous buying power backing it. If they remain committed to keeping COD on other platforms and avoid monopolizing ABK altogether, then I don't see the issue but that type of power will definitely need to remain in check.
Sony is not a standalone gaming company either

MS doesn't need to buy anyone else beyond Activision to leapfrog Sony in gaming. It could definitely happen with Activision alone.

PC gaming is big, and mobile is massive.

Maybe the judge will buy Sony's bull**** and the FTC's seemingly flimsy argument about the console market

But I think it is weird to ask someone to compete in a market in a way that the market leader, who is using their market power against them, would prefer them to.

People should really look up how Sony was moving when it wanted to usurp Nintendo and Sega

First off this is a tactic to appeal to the judge. The “wars” are about plastic box sales. They don’t care about that. They care about money. Despite Nintendo and PlayStation selling way more, Xbox actually makes more money than Nintendo and way closer to PlayStation than you would think.

Microsoft knows that if they bug activision every PC gamer will reluctantly have to get a gamepass sub. That then transfers over to cloud gaming as well as any influx of console purchases. Their max console sales would prob be 60-70 mill. But that’s not the only place they get money from unlike Sony and Nintendo

Because they want to buy Activision to compete instead.
Exactly my point. MS makes their money and competes elsewhere instead of console sales so why even bother with Console price matching? They're already offering the X and S on a line of credit witht his Xbox All Access deal which tells me that they can basically give the consoles away. Why not just drop the MSRP now if they aren't making a good return on consoles anyway, best thing that can happen is that they actually start moving more units when the casual consumer sees the price difference.

Exactly my point. MS makes their money and competes elsewhere instead of console sales so why even bother with Console price matching? They're already offering the X and S on a line of credit witht his Xbox All Access deal which tells me that they can basically give the consoles away. Why not just drop the MSRP now if they aren't making a good return on consoles anyway, best thing that can happen is that they actually start moving more units when the casual consumer sees the price difference.
Dude, one thing cost them money with no guarantee of a return on investment. I don't see a price cut alone making that big of an impact. They are already losing money on the consoles.

Buying Activision, with their portfolio, pretty much guarantees they will make their money back eventually. And instantly strengthens their position in every major gaming market.

So you are questioning why Microsft is doing the thing that will have more long-term payoff? I dunno, maybe they like money famb.

And sees this as the best strategy to make the most it can in the future.

Dude, one thing cost them money with no guarantee of a return on investment. I don't see a price cut alone making that big of an impact. They are already losing money on the consoles.

Buying Activision, with their portfolio, pretty much guarantees they will make their money back eventually. And instantly strengthens their position in every major gaming market.

So you are questioning why Microsft is doing the thing that will have more long-term payoff? I dunno, maybe they like money famb.

And sees this as the best strategy to make the most it can in the future.
I think you've misunderstood the point I was trying to make.

i seen a few Nters playing Xdefiant - what we thinking ?

some times the TTK is very quick and other times its hit or miss.. most likely server errors

I love the abilities features as well as the quick run and gun pace that is something right up my alley ! Cant lie though i was getting bodied by MnK players on some games

i still have to toy with the sens but i can see myself playing once the full game launches

for now its back to MLB The Show

Back
Top Bottom