[[ Official Yankees Championship Parade Post Friday 11/6/09 @ Canyon of heroes]]

you need tickets to get into the area by the city hall building where they do the ceremony and stuff and people talk. but you can get a good spot on the streetright outside of City Hall and in the area, then kinda watch the ceremony from far with no ticket.

the only downside to that is you have to wait a while for the parade to get to you, since its at the end of the parade. But that's where I always stood.Plus the train lets you out right there.

The sidewalks lining Friday's ticker-tape parade up the Canyon of Heroes along Broadway from the Battery to City Hall are open to all members of the public.

The city will set up a large screen near City Hall Park for members of the public to watch the ceremony.

There is very limited space on City Hall plaza for the ceremony itself. The city will make a limited number of tickets available to the public.

You might as well stay home and watch it if you're gonna get there at 10:30.

I wanted to be there by 7, but some of my friends wanna go now. If I get there at 8 or 8:30, is that good?

^^Will I be able to see anything at all, or just be in a crowd watching that big tv screen theyre gonna set up. Ill try for 9-930 i guess.

again I say that it gets too crowded that you wont be able to move through (the police barricades makes it worse to move)

i'll be there, but i still haven't got my championship gear..

nevermind about to hit up modells and hopefully they have stuff left over.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

ughhhhh, this is gonna be tough to get to.

I got class, hopefully they aren't angry Mets fans and cancel class or end it early.

CLASSSSSSS ARE YOU SERIOUS DRE SON YOU COULDNT PAY ME TO GET ANYWHERE CLOSE TO MARRILAC TOMORROW.

im catching the 6am si ferry so ill be there like 620ish...all my friends say thats too early
indifferent.gif

Damnit man, I'm trying to check what's the fastest way to get there and it keeps asking me for the adress.

What's the address of City Hall? And where's the best spot to be at?

i'm 65% sure i'm gonna be out there ... if i don't turn off my alarm ... i got my gear ready ...

none of my friends will be there early ... anyone want to link up ... email me [email protected] ... i'll be on the bb ... i'll look like everyother fan head to toe in yankees gear ...

breaking out my mitchell and ness throwback jacket though and a yankees tee ... prolly pettitte ...

my local modells was hectic. they worked for 24hrs since the yankees won and there was about 200 people in there when i came which was like 30 minutes fromclosing. everything was sold out, couldn't get my hands on any attire. hopefully tomorrow i can find some in the city, but the prices will probably beridiculous.

where are you guys meeting up? i am rolling solo because no one wants to get up as early as i am.

will we be allowed to be at city hall? isn't it people with tickets only? i was trying to go to city hall but on the map it says might be closed, dependingon the size of the crowd. i was considering leaving around like 630 im the last stop on the q train in brooklyn though

damn, i was gonna get there real early but I dont wanna go there alone and %%%$, ill get there around 9-930 wheres the best spot I should go if I come thatlate?

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

damn, i was gonna get there real early but I dont wanna go there alone and %%%$, ill get there around 9-930 wheres the best spot I should go if I come that late?

thas how i feel but w/e .... hopefully its not too bad ... trying to get there around 7:30 .... by city hall ... we'll c how that goes ....

im going to city hall real soon, are any of you guys going to meet up? ill be posting on here and maybe some of us can get together

Back
Top Bottom