OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

So, after giving it a proper day plus of listening this album is really good and will age very well, definitely on production alone. But that said, yes, lyrically it has it's hiccups, but it ain't as bad as people are making it out to be. It's ain't "chick filet on Sunday" bad and the guest features have some great verses.

If I had to nitpick it's that the Pusha Song got cut. That's a crime. That joint bangs. Also that he didn't give us the Remote Control 2 with Cudi on it. I mean you gave us all the other part 2s and truthfully I think if he left the track order like LP2 and cut out the Donda chant and replaced it with the Lauryn track it would have been received way better. That ordering flows perfectly. And then like someone else said, give us a double album, with the second album being all the Pt. 2s.

But the real gem of this album is the mixing and subtleties. My god, on headphones it's beautiful. In the car it is hype and engaging and on a nice home stereo it's pure sonic bliss. This album should win a Grammy on production alone. Between Hurricane, Moon, No Child Left Behind, Off the Grid, and Ok Ok, talk about top notch producing and mixing. And I don't care what anyone says, Jail is song of the year for me so far. The way that song is put together is perfection, and I'm talking about the Jay version. Give me another Watch the Throne sounding like that, WOW!

All in all this will get a lot of play and if he was gonna do a Jesus album this is how I wanted it to sound. I would give this an 8/10. Hoping we get the fully explicit version this week sometime. That's definitely the finishing touch it needs.

This album is neither bad or good, IMO. It’s just more mediocre, disposable music, which has become par for the course for Kanye.

Kanye’s vocals are the worst part of the album like many have said. Musically I love it though. Take the production and let other folks rock over it without Ye and I’d be way more interested.

And I’m so good on all the Jesus stuff. I respect where dude is at, but it’s absolutely corny as hell to me to sing love songs to Jesus. Some real weirdo type of stuff to me. It’s almost like he’s trying too hard. Unless you’re some uber-Christian I don’t know how you can handle an entire album’s worth of God stuff. :lol:

"When u text, change the beginnin of every word
u speak to me with only no cap"

-Kanye West

acknowledging.gif

926B009B-B48A-4A0A-A9A4-1386950872F1.gif

This album is neither bad or good, IMO. It’s just more mediocre, disposable music, which has become par for the course for Kanye.

Kanye’s vocals are the worst part of the album like many have said. Musically I love it though. Take the production and let other folks rock over it without Ye and I’d be way more interested.

And I’m so good on all the Jesus stuff. I respect where dude is at, but it’s absolutely corny as hell to me to sing love songs to Jesus. Some real weirdo type of stuff to me. It’s almost like he’s trying too hard. Unless you’re some uber-Christian I don’t know how you can handle an entire album’s worth of God stuff. :lol:
Sounds like a Typical BiscuitYE album. BiscuitYe the type of black dude that got white Jesus pictures in his house.

right like I’m just not into dudes direction and that’s ok
Dude is 44 jumping on the mic to not talk about a damn thing :lol: :lol: :lol:
I’m glad I was able to see him live
In the Pablo tour and the Yeezus tour
Because I’ll be damned if I pay to see him perform any of these songs from his recent projects

I Saw kanye concerts watch the throne in 2011 808s in hollywood bowl in 2015 and pablo 2016 I’m glad I got to see him perform live multiple times. Plus I met him in 2007 hes a kool guy.

Production is what keeping me interested honestly. Most of the music I listen to is for production. Lots of these dudes rap about the same stuff. Overtime it become homogenous.

fire production can make trash shine tbh…. Honestly bad or mid production can tank an album.

like for example come to life is way to gospel at points but damn man he produced the hell out of that you can’t even cap. Dude was in his bag.

Lauryn Hill joint flames too. I wish it had less gospel and more of samples like the Lauryn track.

Last edited:
Since we had most of this stuff for a min, I just immediately placed all my favorites on a Donda Playlist... also added some Pablo tracks, and made a fantasy Kanye album.

Unique experience knowing all your favorites right when the album drops, so yeah... I am super happy being able to listen to all my favs in full fidelity - finally.

No ill feelings over here. Yes, I am looking forward to CLB as well... but many of the Donda tracks are production jewels that are undeniable, especially me being someone who produces as well.

I Can No Longer Objectively Listen To Kanye.

Gave This A Play After Skipping His Last Three Releases.

I Just Don’t Think This Is Good Or Enjoyable. In Comparison To His Other Works He’s Regressed To Me.

This Sounds Like A Middle Aged Man Going Thru An Identity Crisis Trying To Show The Younger Generation He’s Still “Cool.”

Havent heard Dave, I’m going to check the album out though! Anything you’d compare it to?
I can't quite compare him to anyone off the top of my head. I feel the UK sound is so unique but he has a deep and witty kind of flow if that makes sense. Sidenote, Stormzy also dropped an album a few years ago that is one of my favorite rap releases. He's dope too!

I Can No Longer Objectively Listen To Kanye.

Gave This A Play After Skipping His Last Three Releases.

I Just Don’t Think This Is Good Or Enjoyable. In Comparison To His Other Works He’s Regressed To Me.

This Sounds Like A Middle Aged Man Going Thru An Identity Crisis Trying To Show The Younger Generation He’s Still “Cool.”

So you didn’t listen to Life Of Pablo then if you skipped the last 3 releases ?

I still need to finish the show, but when he raps in YGs studio early in the series, it was pretty damn good. KId can rap for sure and is funny as hell.
First season was gold...I might need to watch 2 again because it didn't hit the same for me.

Back
Top Bottom