OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

Yeezys move regardless why would he do that

Add another $200 with that yeezy, put it inside some special box and collectors would be scrambling to get their hands on em. It'll work nicely as novelty item, but for it to change the whole industy like ipod? hell naw,

because saying donda 2 would be a stem player exclusive is like throwing salt on sea water. In a matter of minutes, those songs would be uploaded for free via the usual venue. I remembered him saying that pablo or some other album would be a tidal exclusive, but those eventually hit spotify and apple too.

I thought Swizz and Ye was still beefing over the MAGA hat? Surprised Alicia did a song with him.

Add another $200 with that yeezy, put it inside some special box and collectors would be scrambling to get their hands on em. It'll work nicely as novelty item, but for it to change the whole industy like ipod? hell naw,

because saying donda 2 would be a stem player exclusive is like throwing salt on sea water. In a matter of minutes, those songs would be uploaded for free via the usual venue. I remembered him saying that pablo or some other album would be a tidal exclusive, but those eventually hit spotify and apple too.

Its not gonna stay a stem exclusive bro

Prolly b there for a week or two, then by on the steaming services after

But of course yeezy wont say that because hes trying to get his coins off stem player sales, if ppl believe that it will stay exclusive than feens will buy it, which they have

Just b patient thats all

Perfect way for him to promote the stem player, Product of Rocafella 😂

I don’t know Ye’s label status but I think he’s hinting at the album streaming directly on his website permanently (only works if he has no contractual ties to a label)

Obviously it will be ripped & on the internet anyway, but I completely believe he’ll continue to go the route of tweaking the album for weeks but the stem player site will update in sync with album changes.

C9ED9EEF-43CF-4329-83D0-B2BAAADEF98F.jpeg

Apple sells less useful product(s) for more $$$, stem player ain’t a bad device at all, someone could definitely get some good use out of it IMO

IMO this just a build upon things Jay has done in the past, or artist with Merch bundles, Nip with the $1000 mixtape, except ye has the capital to do it on a larger level.

“No ideas original, theres nothing new under the sun, its never what u do but how its done”

Yo City of Gods hits different when you learn Swizz might’ve been messing around with Lala Anthony recently. That’s on top of Kanye literally losing his lover to the arms of another lol!

Apple sells less useful product(s) for more $$$, stem player ain’t a bad device at all, someone could definitely get some good use out of it IMO

That’s the thing you can get use out Apple products with low Barrier to entry. Hence it has major Utility compared to what ye pushing

Half the peoples buying it can’t dance on beat yet just going to be producing fire tracks off this.

I 100% understand Ye's point, since streaming payments are ****** up for artists. I just don't understand his point of going agains it.
Why doesn't he make his own streaming service like Tidal. It could use the same technology to isolate parts of the track on the app and pay the artists whatever he thinks they deserve.

I'm not paying $200 for an impractical device, that I'm using for two albums at the most. I just want it on my phone for casual listening. Can't even play it in the car, parties etc.

Would happily pay for a digital copy of the album.
Still hoping that it will be Stem player exclusive only for a few days...

Ye is wylin, but if he says folks that buy a Stem player get albums for X amount of years then he may be on to something.

Yeezy branded tech is not the same as owning the actual hardware, so id question some of these numbers being thrown out there...kinda like Trump's name on hotels that he never owned >D

This is no different than him bundling albums with clothes, it's just a $200 price tag now lol. But s/o to him if you truly believe this is about anti-establishment and artist empowerment.

Def Jam is going to make money off this album wether you want to believe he's now independent or not

The stem player can/will be even more beneficial if we either get a back catalog, or GOOD Fridays, or unreleased music that we can piece together ourselves. People always chop up Ye albums and make their own versions anyway, people who are into music/production will have fun with this.

Will the device let you load your own stems as well?

Back
Top Bottom