OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

MCHG and Yeezus were both awful albums. I mean awful. I wish they didn't release. I love when that album is brought up to Kanye, he looks so regretful in every recent interview. Almost embarrassed.

Y'all giving Kanye too much credit for his Rocafella days. He wasn't producing their hit singles and it was usually a few songs off each album. Those beats were easily replaceable.

I'm still trying to figure out how Travis Scoot became popular. He's basically the accepted version of Soulja Boy. His look, raps, style, beats are all stolen. I guess because Kanye took him in, he's accepted. If Kanye took in Soulja Boy, people would love him too.

Ballerific no shot at u, u cool but why everyone always say Travis stole his style music wise. I always thought he influenced Ye with Yeezus & MTBDF

Yeah Ballerific is cool but that whole post is basically nonsense.

I think I'm not articulating properly what I'm saying about Kanye and Rocafella. I'm not saying Kanye didn't help or he was trash, I'm saying he came at the end of Roc's big run. Roc was already hot when he joined and was slowly on the decline. Kanye wasn't producing big hits for anyone on Rocafella except for himself and Jay. So Kanye blows up with his smooth samples, his album takes off and it does wonder for Jay. He doesn't give Beans, Cam, SP or YG any huge records that keeps them floating. That's all I'm saying.

Hahahaha Hahahaha

I think the problem is you misremember when Roc-a-fella's big run was. Big Pimpin was 1999 and Jay retired in 2003 after Black Album.

Ye and Just joined in late 2000-early 2001.

Last edited:
SO YOU JUST ADMITTED THAT HE CHANGED THE SOUND OF MAINSTREAM POPULAR RAP, BUT ARE QUESTIONING HOW THAT CAN BE CONSIDERED CHANGING THE SOUND OF RAP.

Since when is the mainstream sound indicative of the genre as a whole?

He used a style that had been around for YEARS but you wanna act like he was the originator :lol:

He just brought it to the MAINSTREAM like I said

But you brought up Yeezus when I wasn't discussing it.

Are you another one bringing old baggage where it doesn't need to be?

When do you guys move on with your lives? My opinion shouldn't be that important to you.

FAM YOU DO KNOW THAT YOU COMMENTED ON MY OPINION FIRST RIGHT? SO I RESPONDED YOU THEN WENT ON TO INFORM ME THAT YOUR 15YR OLD LIL BROTHER IS THE SECOND COMING OF KARL LAGERFELD AND HIS OPINION OVERRIDES THAT OF SEVERAL PUBLICATIONS, ARTIST & KIDS I SEE ROAMING THE STREETS OF NYC ON A DAILY BASIS.

BE BLESSED.

Wait..... out everything Im reading this is the most intriguing. Y'all are telling me that this ***** right here is the leader of the new school :lol:

This Twitter "beef" unleashed epic levels of ******* :lol:

We need that album already :lol:

I never understood how you'll be in a thread doing the exact same thing as NTers but taking way more personal shots and saying things that sound way more sensitive.

But then turn around and accuse them of b******* and calling them sorry etc. like the total lack of self awareness is astounding to me. And I really only see you behave like that in here.

It's weird homie.

But you brought up Yeezus when I wasn't discussing it.

Are you another one bringing old baggage where it doesn't need to be?

When do you guys move on with your lives? My opinion shouldn't be that important to you.

FAM YOU DO KNOW THAT YOU COMMENTED ON MY OPINION FIRST RIGHT? SO I RESPONDED YOU THEN WENT ON TO INFORM ME THAT YOUR 15YR OLD LIL BROTHER IS THE SECOND COMING OF KARL LAGERFELD AND HIS OPINION OVERRIDES THAT OF SEVERAL PUBLICATIONS, ARTIST & KIDS I SEE ROAMING THE STREETS OF NYC ON A DAILY BASIS.

BE BLESSED.

But why are you responding to my response to someone else?

**** is wrong with you dudes :lol:

Is that what I informed you of? You're short-circuiting.

Last edited:
Hahahaha Hahahaha

I think the problem is you misremember when Roc-a-fella's big run was. Big Pimpin was 1999 and Jay retired in 2003 after Black Album.

Ye and Just joined in late 2000-early 2001.

I think we view Roc's golden days at a different time.

I also can't think of many hits Kanye gave to members of Rocafella other than himself and Jay.

I don't remember Kanye doing a lot of work on Beans, Bleek, Chain Gang or Young Gunz albums. I remember it would be 1-2 songs and they weren't hits.

I never understood how you'll be in a thread doing the exact same thing as NTers but taking way more personal shots and saying things that sound way more sensitive.

But then turn around and accuse them of b******* and calling them sorry etc. like the total lack of self awareness is astounding to me. And I really only see you behave like that in here.

It's weird homie.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Again, you're focusing on me. But not addressing my point.

I wasn't talking about Yeezus. You replied to me talking about Yeezus. Then tell me I can't stop talking about Yeezus.

When all I want is a new album so we can stop talking about Yeezus.

If you can't see how backwards that is, then I'll pass on the pseudo psycho-analytical BS.

PS-You shouldn't make assumptions about what's behind the ********. Because I think you got it wrong.

Last edited:
Since when is the mainstream sound indicative of the genre as a whole?

He used a style that had been around for YEARS but you wanna act like he was the originator :lol:

He just brought it to the MAINSTREAM like I said

I NEVER SAID HE WAS THE ORIGINATOR, HIM & JUS REINTRODUCED IT TO RAP IN 2001 AND RAP AS A WHOLE USED THAT SOUND FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS.

MAINSTREAM SOUND IS INDICATIVE OF THE GENRE WHEN THE MANY OF THE REVERED ALBUMS OF THAT ERA WERE ALBUMS THAT RELIED HEAVY ON THAT SOUND

BLUEPRINT, DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY, THE FIX, GOD SON ETC ETC ALL ALBUMS THAT INFUSED SOULFUL SAMPLED SOUNDING BEATS THAT PRIOR TO THAT WEREN'T THE NORM FOR THE MAIN PEOPLE IN THE CULTURE.

I get what Ballerific is saying. It has some merit.

Guys like Timbaland, Swizz and Pharrell did a lot of the bigger records for Jay.

Besides one offs like "Hard Knock Life" by 45 King etc.

Just did a lot of the State Prop work. "Flipside", "Roc The Mic" are standouts.

But Kanye did do "The Truth" for Beans and "Down And Out" for Cam.

And the album cuts he did for Jay were BIG records. Even if they weren't singles.

"Lucifer". "Takeover".

He did do "H.O.V.A." though which was a big single.

So he was still a major player there.

Last edited:
Time hasn't healed a thing for Wiz Khalifa ... he's still going off on Kanye West and his message was crystal clear for a rabid crowd in Chile -- Kanye better run if they ever come face to face.

The epic Twitter feud is obviously on his mind because Wiz repeatedly brought it up during his Thursday night concert -- and you have to see what happened when he yelled, "We coming for you Kanye, you better run n**a!"

This beef isn't going cold.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/29/wiz-khalifa-kanye-west-concert-threat/#ixzz3yenVZUs9

:nerd: Wiz not playing out here, i'm kind of rooting for him

Last edited:
Ballerific is right, how can you view rocafella golden age after Kanye, when jay was selling more records before Kanye got there. Maybe it's age thing

Last edited:
Time hasn't healed a thing for Wiz Khalifa ... he's still going off on Kanye West and his message was crystal clear for a rabid crowd in Chile -- Kanye better run if they ever come face to face.

The epic Twitter feud is obviously on his mind because Wiz repeatedly brought it up during his Thursday night concert -- and you have to see what happened when he yelled, "We coming for you Kanye, you better run n**a!"

This beef isn't going cold.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/29/wiz-khalifa-kanye-west-concert-threat/#ixzz3yenVZUs9

nerd.gif
Wiz not playing out here, i'm kind of rooting for him
I'd assume Wiz has sharp elbows as his highest threat. 

I think I'm not articulating properly what I'm saying about Kanye and Rocafella. I'm not saying Kanye didn't help or he was trash, I'm saying he came at the end of Roc's big run. Roc was already hot when he joined and was slowly on the decline. Kanye wasn't producing big hits for anyone on Rocafella except for himself and Jay. So Kanye blows up with his smooth samples, his album takes off and it does wonder for Jay. He doesn't give Beans, Cam, SP or YG any huge records that keeps them floating. That's all I'm saying.

Roc wasn't declining in 01, 02, 03. As a WHOLE label those were their best years. When Dipset and State Property started poppin. Some of y'all are just looking at Jay. Of course Jay was on fire before Kanye. But when they brought in Kanye and Just they gave them a signature sound.

I NEVER SAID HE WAS THE ORIGINATOR, HIM & JUS REINTRODUCED IT TO RAP IN 2001 AND RAP AS A WHOLE USED THAT SOUND FOR THE NEXT FEW YEARS.

MAINSTREAM SOUND IS INDICATIVE OF THE GENRE WHEN THE MANY OF THE REVERED ALBUMS OF THAT ERA WERE ALBUMS THAT RELIED HEAVY ON THAT SOUND

BLUEPRINT, DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY, THE FIX, GOD SON ETC ETC ALL ALBUMS THAT INFUSED SOULFUL SAMPLED SOUNDING BEATS THAT PRIOR TO THAT WEREN'T THE NORM FOR THE MAIN PEOPLE IN THE CULTURE.

My point is that you can't "reintroduce" something that was already there

Ms Fat Booty came out in 99 and it's the exact sound Kanye supposedly "reintroduced" in 2001

Shouts to Ayatollah

Appreciate the respect.

I heard about about him when he first broke out and saw pics then and now. His wardrobe is basically a straight copy of A$AP Rocky and Kanye. Zero originality. As for his music, it's a very generic Atlanta sound. No originality again. I don't know if his album is different but it sounds just like your typical trap sound. I don't know why he gets a pass for copying what everyone else is doing.

As for MBDTF, didn't think he had anything to do with it. Maybe he did and I wasn't aware.

As for Yeezus, I heard he had a lot to do with it. Whether it was influence, lyrics or actual production, I don't know. Yeezus was on my computer less than a month and then it was gone.

I know a lot of rappers sound the same today with flows, melodies and beats and I can't stand it. I also know it's accepted and somewhat normal now but I don't see how Scott just comes out on the scene and blows up so quick.

Check this out. Very different than the typical trap sound.

This. Although Waves could do that too. :lol:

Roc wasn't declining in 01, 02, 03. As a WHOLE label those were their best years. When Dipset and State Property started poppin. Some of y'all are just looking at Jay. Of course Jay was on fire before Kanye. But when they brought in Kanye and Just they gave them a signature sound.

THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING... HE DIDN'T GIVE HITS TO SIGEL & CAM, BUT HE DEF STILL ADDED TO FIRE DURING THAT ERA

The Truth, Down & Out, Beanie Sigel & Freeway – Got Nowhere, "This Can’t Be Life" (featuring Beanie Sigel & Scarface), Nothing Like It", Dead or Alive, Champions" (Dame Dash feat. Kanye West, Beanie Sigel, Cam'Ron, Young Chris & Twista),

My point is that you can't "reintroduce" something that was already there

Ms Fat Booty came out in 99 and it's the exact sound Kanye supposedly "reintroduced" in 2001

Shouts to Ayatollah

dog that is literally the definition of reintroducing something :lol:

Ms Fat booty dropped in 99, did you hear the sound of other artist switch to heavy soul samples directly after ?

Once Blueprint dropped literally any artist who had clout or was hot in rap either went to Ye/Just or found other producers to give them a hint of that soul sample sound. Nobody is stating that soul samples were irrelevant prior to that album.

However the sped up soul sample was heavily used and distributed amongst most of hiphop after not being the sound of choice for a few years. I Don't even see how anyone who grew up in that era can dispute that the sample heavy production increased 10x after the Blueprint

for reals.. this thread is out of control..

like I said, Kanye is the most controversial rapper of this generation.. (of the 2000's before some of y'all dissect this)

Back
Top Bottom