OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

Never forget.....

"Rumor has it "The Blueprint" classic
Couldn't even be stopped by Bin Laden
So September 11th marks the era forever
Of a revolutionary Jay Guevero
Now it's a whole museum of, Hov' MCers
Everybody duping the flow, you see 'em
Everybody looping up soul
It's like you trying to make "The Blueprint 2" before Hov
Shout out to just bleezy and Kan yeezy'"

Never forget that Lil Romeo's lead single from 6 months before The Blueprint dropped uses the same sample as Izzo

Last edited:
Never forget that Lil Romeo's lead single from 6 months before The Blueprint dropped uses the same sample as Izzo

:rofl: how do you know that?

All I remember is the frenzy around the izzo sample when he performed it at the BET awards.

If you're handing out credit for "popularizing" soul samples, you have to give a good chunk of that to Jay.

That's who people were checking for when those songs dropped. That's who's name was on the product that assembled all of those producers.

Thread is a case study on perception vs/is reality.

Last edited:
What does that mean for a guy like Paul C?

WELL ONE HIPHOP WAS STILL IN A RELATIVELY EARLY STAGE DURING HIS ERA & TWO I'M NOT EVEN GONNA ACT LIKE I KNEW WHO THAT WAS WITHOUT GOOGLE, BUT BASED OFF THE ARTIST AND PRODUCERS HE WAS LINKED WITH I WOULDN'T CONSIDER HIS WORK OBSCURE IN THE LEAST BIT. THE WORD MAINSTREAM BOTHERS ME BECAUSE IT GIVES THE PERCEPTION OF SIMPLY BUBBLE GUM POP TYPE RAP. WHEN I SAY MAINSTREAM I MEAN GUYS WHO ARE POPULAR AND ARE KNOWN FOR HAVING A BIG IMPACT ON THE SHAPING OF THE CULTURE.

Someone tell me I'm not crazy here

The worst part is that I agreed FROM JUMP that Kanye contributed to the repopularization of soul samples :lol:

So Kanye writes his music in "collaborative efforts" as well as produce his music in "collaborative efforts" and he's some sort of musical genius, drake had some references tracks and he's a fraud? Forget all that other nonsense you wrote, if one is a fraud then so is the other it's all rap, and hiphop.

1) I NEVER STATED IN MY POST THAT KANYE IS A MUSICAL GENIUS...
2) IT IS WELL DOCUMENTED THAT KANYE HAS PRODUCED SEVERAL BEATS THE MAJORITY OF IT BEING HIS OWN WORK, HE IS ALSO RECOGNIZED FOR DURING A LOT OF GHOST PRUDUCTION BEFORE PEOPLE NEW WHO HE WAS
3) A FRAUD IS SOMEONE WHO LIES AND DOESN'T EXPOSE THE TRUTH, I HAVE LITERALLY READ YE INTERVIEWS WHERE HE PERSONALLY STATES HE RATHER WORK IN A COLLABORATIVE SETTING RATHER THEN DO ALL THE WORK HIMSELF
4) KANYE HAS BEEN RESPONSIBLE FOR PRODUCING AND HELPING FURTHER SOME CLASSIC UNDENIABLE ALBUMS
5) THE GENERAL PUBLIC WAS NOT UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT DRAKE HAD FULL OUT REFERENCE TRACKS OR I WOULDN'T HAVE HEARD PEOPLE CLAIMING THAT HE'S LYRICALLY ON PAR WITH A JAY-Z OR KENDRICK

SO YEA THAT ATTEMPT TO FORCE ME INTO MAKING BLANKET ASSUMPTIONS JUST DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT.

Kanye taking stems from 6-8 different beats from 6-8 different beat makers to make a beat is nowhere near what Drake was accused of

If you're handing out credit for "popularizing" soul samples, you have to give a good chunk of that to Jay.

That's who people were checking for when those songs dropped. That's who's name was on the product that assembled all of those producers.

REALITY IS YE/JUST/BINK CRAFTED THE SOUND OF THE BLUEPRINT, THEY CAME TO JAY WITH THAT SOUND AND HE VIBED WITH IT........ REALITY IS JAY WAS THE HOTTEST IN RAP AT THE MOMENT SO BECAUSE HIS ALBUM WAS HOT, SOUL SAMPLING THEN BECAME THE HOT SOUND.... THE GUYS WHO WERE BEHIND THAT HOT SOUND THEN BEGAN TO WORK WITH OTHER ARTIST AND REPRODUCE THE HOT SOUND AND HELPED OTHER PRODUCERS WITH THAT SOUND RECEIVE MORE ATTENTION.... REALITY IS THAT YE/JUST WERE THE TWO HOTTEST PRODUCERS IN THAT ERA USING THAT SOUND... REALITY IS LABELS, A&R'S AND RAPPERS WENT TO THEM WHEN THEY WANTED A SMASH SINGLE WITH THAT SOUND.

SO YES JAY USING IT MADE IT POPULAR, YE/JUST THEN WENT ON TO CAPITALIZE AND BECOME THE FIGURE HEADS OF THE SOUL SAMPLE PRODUCERS (SHOUTOUT TO THE HEATMAKERZ ALSO)

EITHER WAY IF YOU ASK THE AVERAGE PERSON WHAT PRODUCERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESURGENCE OF THE SOUL SAMPLE IN HIPHOP IN 2001 + THE MAJORITY ARE GOING TO SAY KANYE WEST & JUST BLAZE.

TIL THIS VERY DAY YOU CAN DO A SEARCH FOR INSTRUMENTALS, HEAR A BEAT INVOLVING SPED UP SAMPLES & THE TITLE IS GOING TO SAY KANYE WEST/JUST BLAZE STYLE BEAT.

REALITY IS YE/JUST/BINK CRAFTED THE SOUND OF THE BLUEPRINT, THEY CAME TO JAY WITH THAT SOUND AND HE VIBED WITH IT........ REALITY IS JAY WAS THE HOTTEST IN RAP AT THE MOMENT SO BECAUSE HIS ALBUM WAS HOT, SOUL SAMPLING THEN BECAME THE HOT SOUND.... THE GUYS WHO WERE BEHIND THAT HOT SOUND THEN BEGAN TO WORK WITH OTHER ARTIST AND REPRODUCE THE HOT SOUND AND HELPED OTHER PRODUCERS WITH THAT SOUND RECEIVE MORE ATTENTION.... REALITY IS THAT YE/JUST WERE THE TWO HOTTEST PRODUCERS IN THAT ERA USING THAT SOUND... REALITY IS LABELS, A&R'S AND RAPPERS WENT TO THEM WHEN THEY WANTED A SMASH SINGLE WITH THAT SOUND.

SO YES JAY USING IT MADE IT POPULAR, YE/JUST THEN WENT ON TO CAPITALIZE AND BECOME THE FIGURE HEADS OF THE SOUL SAMPLE PRODUCERS (SHOUTOUT TO THE HEATMAKERZ ALSO)

EITHER WAY IF YOU ASK THE AVERAGE PERSON WHAT PRODUCERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESURGENCE OF THE SOUL SAMPLE IN HIPHOP IN 2001 + THE MAJORITY ARE GOING TO SAY KANYE WEST & JUST BLAZE.

TIL THIS VERY DAY YOU CAN DO A SEARCH FOR INSTRUMENTALS, HEAR A BEAT INVOLVING SPED UP SAMPLES & THE TITLE IS GOING TO SAY KANYE WEST/JUST BLAZE STYLE BEAT.

You didn't have to type all that to agree with me :lol:

What about getting versus written for you?

I doubt Ye is in Studio A drawing shoes while Vic Mensa and Travis $cott are in Studio B writing his album.

He spoke on it in the Breakfast Club interview, he said that he, Vic Mensa and Q-Tip were working on the All Day verse.

When he says "collaborative effort" it's not just ******** jargon, I think that's what it really is lol.

It's more of a pop-esque way of creation, and hasn't really been done before aside from Puffy and evidently Drake so it's completely understandable to take that rap label away from him and say he's a pop star if you want to. But it's not like Kanye just tripped and fell into being one of the biggest artists out.

Everyone is probably in the studio giving each other feedback, throwing out lines to make the best possible verse.

I doubt Ye is in Studio A drawing shoes while Vic Mensa and Travis $cott are in Studio B writing his album.

He spoke on it in the Breakfast Club interview, he said that he, Vic Mensa and Q-Tip were working on the All Day verse.

When he says "collaborative effort" it's not just ******** jargon, I think that's what it really is lol.

It's more of a pop-esque way of creation, and hasn't really been done before aside from Puffy and evidently Drake so it's completely understandable to take that rap label away from him and say he's a pop star if you want to. But it's not like Kanye just tripped and fell into being one of the biggest artists out.

Everyone is probably in the studio giving each other feedback, throwing out lines to make the best possible verse.

You're right it is pop, shouldn't no rapper have two other rappers in the studio helping him with a verse :smh:
I don't care for drake or Kanye anymore it's just funny watching Kanye fans play mental gymnastics when it comes to defending that man and treating him like he's the originator and creator of all things hiphop.

We all know HOV is the who had to get off the boat so he can walk on water :smokin

Dre, Puffy, Kanye, it's ALWAYS been know that they have people write for them and they work with other producers. _' always knew that. They themselves have acknowledged it. They have always been looked at as dudes that put pieces together and make great music.

The Drake thing came outta nowhere. Big difference. Drake was looked at as rapper/singer/songwriter.

Last edited:
Dre, Puffy, Kanye, it's ALWAYS been know that they have people write for them and they other producers work with them. _' always knew that. They themselves have acknowledged it. They have always been looked at as dudes that put pieces together and make great music.

The Drake thing came outta nowhere. Big difference. Drake was looked at as rapper/singer/songwriter.

But drake is a rapper/singer/songwriter :lol:

But I'm done with that issue cause I don't feel right defending him :lol: I'll just say he's no different than Kanye in a sense that both are pop artist

Yeah Drake is all of those things and he also has people write songs for him which was never known to the public. It's been known Kanye does.

Yeah I think the perception with Drake was he pretty much wrote everything and that his songs were originals/his ideas. V

Not knocking Drake though he became one of my favorite rappers. I still like his growth and direction. He definitely put in the work to be were his is now.

Back
Top Bottom