OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

Man you can always tell when a rapper was influenced by another rapper. Or when a rapper tries to emulate another' rapper

MAAAAANNNNNN but what desiigner did to future was a felony, he even copied the yea yea adlib, he even says his name at the beginning of the song with the same cadence as future :x

Last edited:
Reviews rolling in and are lit :pimp:

Which/one

I believe it. No one wants to be that person to say this album isn't that good and it feels empty. Its a well made album but it feels empty. Just like Yeezus.....nobody will play this a year from now. But should I judge the album on replay value or its artistry? There's some bangers on here. But anything giving it more than a B- is just someone caught up in his wave.

WHAT?
Dude ...TPAB took a while to grow on me but it has become my favorite album of his.

I actually liked TPAB but I can't say that I wasn't disappointed though. Maybe it was the hype. I just remember listening to it and then going back to listening to J. Cole's album. It was another one of these well made albums but replay value wasn't there.

Which/one

I believe it. No one wants to be that person to say this album isn't that good and it feels empty. Its a well made album but it feels empty. Just like Yeezus.....nobody will play this a year from now.

I'll take it a step further and say some publications might not publish a negative review even if it's written......

"My favorite song on Yeezus — and this is an unpopular opinion that I’ve had to defend many times over the past few years — is “Hold My Liquor,” a dreary, dystopian dirge that features guest mumbles from both Chief Keef and Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon."

Awww man.....whoever wrote this....we share the same opinion on this lol. I've gotten into a few arguments over this one.....

Which/one

I believe it. No one wants to be that person to say this album isn't that good and it feels empty. Its a well made album but it feels empty. Just like Yeezus.....nobody will play this a year from now.

I'll take it a step further and say some publications might not publish a negative review even if it's written......

Why is that?

Kanye fans are just as emotional as the guy himself. Don't want to lose readers/listeners/viewers. In a sense, these publications are yes-men to their consumers.

Imagine being a popular rapper and hearing someone that sounds exactly like you, like pictures future reaction hearing this designer dude. Son was probably so gone off the actavis that he thought it actually was him, probably had his lawyer call Kanye about his royalties.

I get that but it's a lot of big artist that put out bad projects and critics kill it. Seem like when it comes to Kanye folks are scared to be honest.

"My favorite song on Yeezus — and this is an unpopular opinion that I’ve had to defend many times over the past few years — is “Hold My Liquor,” a dreary, dystopian dirge that features guest mumbles from both Chief Keef and Bon Iver’s Justin Vernon."

Awww man.....whoever wrote this....we share the same opinion on this lol. I've gotten into a few arguments over this one.....

Hold my liquor is fantastic, and now I'm upset Justin Vernon wasn't in the album.

This is sad watching him beg for money. He will never stop looking for validation from the higher-ups in business.

If he really wants to make crazy money and get out of his debt or whatever, build a lifestyle version of Brand Jordan.

People would eat it up. He's gotta ditch these Ian Connor types.

Father Stretch My Hands Part 2 :smokin :smokin

Probably the biggest crime committed in rap to date lol.

:lol:

Imagine being a popular rapper and hearing someone that sounds exactly like you, like pictures future reaction hearing this designer dude. Son was probably so gone off the actavis that he thought it actually was him, probably had his lawyer call Kanye about his royalties.

Have you ever heard Sacario or Angelous?

This is sad watching him beg for money. He will never stop looking for validation from the higher-ups in business.

Apparently this also happened this week.....

http://hypebeast.com/2016/2/kanye-west-fashion-investors-lvmh

What I find strange is asking for funding while claiming you're 50 mil in the hole.

I get that but it's a lot of big artist that put out bad projects and critics kill it. Seem like when it comes to Kanye folks are scared to be honest.

Yep. The backlash for some artists is far greater than others.

Which is why I've said for a while I place zero stock in reviews. I know a few writers. And they are not always what they seem. What's written, and what the trades choose to publish.

You really only need to go as far as Complex to see that :lol:

Last edited:
:lol:
Have you ever heard Sacario or Angelous?

I never thought much of Sacario as a sound alike but Angelous.....yeah but even then it felt like Angelous never made it outside of a freestyle online. This cat Designer is co-signed by one of the biggest acts in music lol. There are Future sound alike out there. But this cat....it feels different this time lol.

I agree with this. Nobody is honest with him.

Yep. They are afraid to hurt their publication readers because like someone stated above, they know their audience is just as feeble and emotional as Kanye himself is.

Back
Top Bottom