OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

I signed up for TIdal.... I can't keep up with all these updates anymore :lol:

*edit* why did he tweak Famous outro....it was perfect the way it is :smh:

Last edited:
So did no one hear the final CDQ/OG version of wolves back on the album yet? Flames.

Last edited:
You guys see where one article said Drake was on one version of wolves?

I remember reading it like a week or two ago

You guys see where one article said Drake was on one version of wolves?

I remember reading it like a week or two ago

I think Cashmere Cat (one of the producers of the song) mentioned that Drake and Bjork was on one of the versions :lol:

Kanye mentioned in his 2nd Breakfast Club interview that he was trying to do a whole album with Drake called Wolves, so I'm guessing him and Drake on that track might be where that idea came from.

Sorry but once an artist makes listeners/fans jump through hoops to listen to their music...it's not important to me anymore

Same can be said about that "secret" wu-tang album like really? Your music is more to you than the people who got you to where you're at?

I know tidal/9.99 a month but it's like a "oh you dont have it? You have absolutely no chance to hear the music then"

Remember when artists used to beg people to listen to their music? Yea.

Just a random thought...I know he tweeted there will be no CD/won't be on sale etc...there's no way Def Jam lets him release an album without it being for sale right?

It'll be cool if tidal updates the album after i downloaded it, but idk about this constantly tweaking stuff..

:lol:

You've never illegally downloaded any of Ye's music?

Plead the fifth on that but still man :lol: re-release the album 6 months later with all the updates on some TLOP.1 ish, not this sloppy release we have going on now...IMO

So does anyone have a full summary about whats different about this new version

1) Famous adjusted

2) Wolves fixed

Anything else?

I've come to the conclusion that this isn't going to stop.... Somebody broke it down on Twitter, but you have to remember that Ye & many of his close friends are the owners of Tidal. By constantly fixing, rearranging, adding Songs he's basically creating a space where people will consider staying with that streaming company because it's a never ending amount of changes to the songs.

For an artist in his position it's a really interesting way to keep the fans engaged and still better the product, he clearly doesn't care about the sales but he draws enough interest to continuously have people talking about the same album for the past month, when some albums don't get discussed past a week.

Artists see a small percentage of the profits of album sales. Some artists like Jay-Z use new albums as an excuse to tour and cross-promote other products. For someone like Kanye who has always cared more about being discussed for doing "innovative" things, spurring change, and pushing the envelope in the music genre this is the perfect medium for him.

We've seen this before with GOOD Fridays. He'd release incomplete versions of the songs, then tweak them for the final album, and then tweak that again with each regional rerelease. We saw it even before that with Late Registration, and the re-masterings of it he did with Jon Brion that finally led to Late Orchestration (the fully live instrumental version of the album.)

I could name a dozen other times artists have rereleased tweaked or remastered versions of albums they've released prior. they just didn't have the luxury of an organic service like Tidal/Apple/Spotify to do so in real time. What Kanye's doing is both innovative and it isn't, but it definitely isn't absurd.

People just want their new Kanye music and they want it free or at once. Who cares if he keeps rereleasing new songs. You can download 18 different versions of the album, You can download one version and enjoy it, or you can bootleg it. At this point the complaints have more to do with people griping and whining about Kanye's personality more than they are the efficacy of what he's doing.

Personally I paid for my one copy (multiple if you count the fugazi Anchorage, Alaska Yeezy season tickets I was sold by his company) and I'm good. Any future updates will be caught on an oop.

Last edited:

Artists see a small percentage of the profits of album sales. Some artists like Jay-Z use new albums as an excuse to tour and cross-promote other products. For someone like Kanye who has always cared more about being discussed for doing "innovative" things, spurring change, and pushing the envelope in the music genre this is the perfect medium for him.

We've seen this before with GOOD Fridays. He'd release incomplete versions of the songs, then tweak them for the final album, and then tweak that again with each regional rerelease. We saw it even before that with Late Registration, and the re-masterings of it he did with Jon Brion that finally led to Late Orchestration (the fully live instrumental version of the album.)

I could name a dozen other times artists have rereleased tweaked or remastered versions of albums they've released prior. they just didn't have the luxury of an organic service like Tidal/Apple/Spotify to do so in real time. What Kanye's doing is both innovative and it isn't, but it definitely isn't absurd.

People just want their new Kanye music and they want it free or at once. Who cares if he keeps rereleasing new songs. You can download 18 different versions of the album, You can download one version and enjoy it, or you can bootleg it. At this point the complaints have more to do with people griping and whining about Kanye's personality more than they are the efficacy of what he's doing.

Personally I paid for my one copy (multiple if you count the fugazi Anchorage, Alaska Yeezy season tickets I was sold by his company) and I'm good. Any future updates will be caught on an oop.
Good post sir

I woudnt say that I'm whining personally (well i hope im not lol)

Im simply a fan who loves(loved) purchasing his albums and am pretty much disappointed that I waited 2 years to realize that I wont have a physical copy of

TLOP.

Nothing is promised I suppose. Not even manana 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom