OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

GLC is a gossipy interview?

It's someone who knows him and is speaking from first hand knowledge.

This isn't Angela Yee talking about the rumor of the day.

And maybe he's done with trying to get through to him. I compare it to the situation with DMX. Look how many people keep lying and saying he's fine. Meanwhile he's 140 pounds and it's obvious he's not. It makes you wonder if you're trying to help DMX or enabling him by acting like everything is normal. Kanye had a mental break down. After that allegation what exactly is there to hide?

GLC is a gossipy interview?

It's someone who knows him and is speaking from first hand knowledge.

This isn't Angela Yee talking about the rumor of the day.

And maybe he's done with trying to get through to him. I compare it to the situation with DMX. Look how many people keep lying and saying he's fine. Meanwhile he's 140 pounds and it's obvious he's not. It makes you wonder if you're trying to help DMX or enabling him by acting like everything is normal. Kanye had a mental break down. After that allegation what exactly is there to hide?
Nah. That's just like yo boi talking behind your back. It's *** ****. It's even worse to go to a radio show and talk mess when your bro is going through something

Nah. That's just like yo boi talking behind your back. It's *** ****. It's even worse to go to a radio show and talk mess when your bro is going through something

Oh, I see your point.

But I think there is more there, and it's why Rhymefest, GLC and Consequence have all made public comments about him.

Kanye just doesn't want to except his 15 minutes of fame is up. Instead of taking a background role and learning from Pharrell how to juggle your contributions to fashion and hip hop while still remaining a prestigious name, he's played himself out trying to jump on new hip hop artist's sounds and just comes off as desperate to still be a big name in hip hop. I'm done prefacing my statements with how big of a fan of Kanye I was. How I was listening to Sa-ra in '05 and rocking Tisa just because of Taz Arnold's affiliation, glow in the dark tours, camping for solar yeezy 2's all of that. Kanye alienated his actual fans trying to appeal to white teenage America and I can't **** with that. Homie is corny now.

Last edited:
15 mins of fame? Dude is a damn icon :lol: Finna revisit them future vs thug comments of yours for some perspective

Last edited:
Oh, I see your point.

But I think there is more there, and it's why Rhymefest, GLC and Consequence have all made public comments about him.

I attribute that to him changing from when they knew him before rap and all that. But to me, he's always had that mentality. He's just stupid rich now.

Last edited:
I agree with what he said about trying to be like the new younger artist though.
That's been his style since he was getting Toomp beats and Jeezy ad libs for Graduation.

He's always did other people's styles better than them. Everything we like him for came from somewhere else, he just executed better.

15 mins of fame? Dude is a damn icon :lol: Finna revisit them future vs thug comments of yours for some perspective

:lol: Future's brand is in a steady decline. I can't brag about all the campaigning I did for Thug though because his brand hasn't moved. He's getting shafted while Lyor keeps all the residual funds. Not surprised, after all Lyor is a...........let me not start.

I agree with what he said about trying to be like the new younger artist though.

It's unbefitting for somebody who essentially birthed a whole new generaration of hip hop fans with his sound to turn around and water down what made him special. Kanye has gotten to the point where his verses on these newer songs get the birdman treatment. How could this have happened?

I didn't know a 15 minute of fame could last for damn near 15 years.

Thank Rhymefest, Consequence and Cyhi

Last edited:
Wait Future has a brand? Since when lol. I out of the loop

sorry if posted but is there still no physical copy or cdq download of TLOP out there?

I have Tidal but i wish I could have a copy saved on my laptop and not having to only have the streaming service copy.

It's on kanye's site for $20.

laugh.gif
Future's brand is in a steady decline.

Man just dropped 2 chart toppin' albums back to back, he's still trending upwards
What's declining about future's brand?
Not a daggum thing

Future isn't getting that love out here that he used to. He still makes waves but he's not the voice of music out here any more. It's easily the Migos right now and Future is taking a back seat. Atlanta was treating Future like Elvis while the rest of hip hop was trying to find a website to download "No Ceilings" then everybody starting embracing his sound heavy like 2 years after that. Seeing that we set the trend first the rest of pop culture America will soon follow. Just like pop culture is infatuated with the Migos. I was in threads about 3-4 years ago telling ****** YRN was a classic and was getting laughed at. Now y'all boys out here looking like Katy Perry :lol:

Anywho, Kanye has lost what made him special and I feel like it was the fact that he felt like he was part of an exclusive club in hip hop. I think if Kanye wants to revisit his old sound and get back into an old space, he should do another compilation album to get the juices flowing. Cruel Summer has aged like ****** wine and I feel like that's around the time where Kanye was the biggest star in the world and was just really feeling his creative energy. He needs to get another collection of artists around and just get back to that space.

Last edited:
That's been his style since he was getting Toomp beats and Jeezy ad libs for Graduation.

He's always did other people's styles better than them. Everything we like him for came from somewhere else, he just executed better.

I agree, it was different back then though because they were his peers. Now we 40 year old man latching on to Travis Scott and chance the rapper, it's not working out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom