OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

I'm a Ye fan. Yeezus is not a classic.

We talking strictly da album 

The tour was epic compared to his pablo tour
mean.gif
the floating stage was a great idea tho

if you aint have GA yall played yourselfs

Still don't get the hype for the GA Pablo tour. Pay money to not see the artist???
Could easily mosh with friends to better Kanye tracks anywhere else. Also no random rants!

Ppl who like yeezus can't tell you why it's good [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] they just hit you with the "you don't understand bro" "you can't grasp the concept"

I like elements of yeezus but it does not flow well to me at all.

Sonically, joint sounds like a rap album having a baby w Trent reznor and industrial music.

I love the anger and the "angst" it exudes.

But sonically it's a poor album. Also there were a lot of cringe worthy lines such as speak in swaghili [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Ppl who like yeezus can't tell you why it's good [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] they just hit you with the "you don't understand bro" "you can't grasp the concept"
Cause you've spoken to everybody that loves yeezus. :rolleyes

Yeezus was definitely the first project of his where I started to focus less on the words because large portions of them were terrible. TLOP was the same (in my opinion, of course.)

I won't hold my breath, but it'd be nice if he spends some time honing back in on the content during his time in the mountains of Wyoming :lol:

Man y'all hoping this dude goes Zen or soul searching on some Phil Jackson/ John Mayer steez lol

Hope y'all right

What I want to know is who's at that getaway with him helping out with the album. Man If I hear that the kardashians are helping out and giving him input again :smh:

Still don't get the hype for the GA Pablo tour. Pay money to not see the artist???
Could easily mosh with friends to better Kanye tracks anywhere else. Also no random rants!

why pay for nosebleeds at a concert if you can't see the artist? why pay for nosebleeds at sporting events if you can't see them actually play? everyone should have front row/courtside seats.

The production to me was on point on the majority of the album. I wouldn't call it a classic and wouldn't bother trying to argue somebody telling me it is a classic. But it is an album I really enjoyed
Yeezus was definitely the first project of his where I started to focus less on the words because large portions of them were terrible. TLOP was the same (in my opinion, of course.)

I won't hold my breath, but it'd be nice if he spends some time honing back in on the content during his time in the mountains of Wyoming
laugh.gif
TLOP felt like Ye wanted to flex his ability to put music/musicians together to make a good sound and less like a good Ye album
What I want to know is who's at that getaway with him helping out with the album. Man If I hear that the kardashians are helping out and giving him input again
mean.gif
I think Cyhi is up there. There's some short video on FB that list artists names and mentions where he is but idk how official it is

So we gonna overlook the horrible lyrics for the "good" production? Like my mans was on there talking about sweet and sour sauce Asian vagina, all kinda trash. I just don't understand how anyone can find that album good. I've said it before I'll say it again, that's easily the worst album I've ever listened to (in the context of expected to be good and then listened to and was disappointed.) Like I really thought that ho was gonna be the goat.

The only songs I can remember having REALLY good beats were

Blood on the leaves
Bound 2
I'm in it
Hold my liquor

But if we are criticizing rap, all the popular cats these days have trash lyrics:

Future
Migos
Young thug
Drake
Etc.

But if we are criticizing rap, all the popular cats these days have trash lyrics:

Future
Migos
Young thug
Drake
Etc.

You can compare kanye and drake yeah but the rest of those ppl you mentioned aren't even held to the same standard. Nobody cares what future says. Same with migos. You can barely understand these dudes. Someone like drake or kanye people are looking to for good production and good lyrics about something. Young thug fans say he killed the verse when his bars legitimately don't make sense :lol: And drake doesn't have an album even close to as bad as yeezus.

I'm not gonna start w drake and piss people off. The D-hive got some feisty fans

Edit: I agree wit u. But in terms of albums getting slandered. People say views was very bad. I like it lol

Last edited:
Mans upset cause Kanye reference Asian woman as sweet and sour. Just admit that line left a bad taste in your mouth and you disregarded the album. Now mans trying to slander Drake.

True, but same I like that album. He's got a couple trash bars on there like the happy meal one but overall there was some good songs on there. Plus there's always so many songs on his albums that there's bound to be SOMETHING everyone rocks w on there. But kanye be rolled out this 8-9 track album and like 5 of the songs sucked :lol: you gotta do better than that if you going for the whole minimalistic thing

Back
Top Bottom