OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES 2 (NOW AVAILABLE sorta)

the album passed 2/3 for me

gym. check

headphones vibing. check

car. fail.

everyone just put Daytona and Ye under one playlist and hit shuffle. this might help if you’re disappointed. i love both albums why not put them together.

Not much bump in the car but it does sound better on good speakers with the random little effects going off.
Yeah, i don't see myself playing this in the ride at all

Crazy that medulla oblongata Get to rubbin' on my lap, get the genie out the bottle
giphy%2B%252875%2529.gif

Last edited:
The more that I've listened to the album throughout my commute to work, and now that I have blasting at home, I'm digging it even more.
Now I know why I love Ghost Town so much and why it sounds so comforting lol, if you remove the lyrics and just out Christmas in Harlem, it's the same sound lol.

I'll rank this album at no 7 out of Kanye's 8 solo albums, not that this album is terrible, it just isn't touching anything aside from Yeezus.

Also, I knew I wasn't the only one who heard "I put my hand on a stooooove, to see if I still bleeed" and thought to myself "bleed from putting your hand on a stove? What?"
My co-worker swore she's saying sword and I was like "How Sway?"

Violent Crimes making me not wanna have a daughter man, I feel like if I do, i will forever, until I die hear this song in my head as I watch my hypothetical daughter grow up, ****.

I like the 7 track thing. I find myself going back and playing it more. I've played Daytona more times that I have any other album or tape in a minute

Album is....kinda wack.

Such a dichotomy from Daytona which I pegged as a classic after the first listen. Kanye hasn’t fallen off per se, far from it. But production value won’t leave him like rapping did. But what we know now, was “rapping” ever really his thing? Eh.. *plays Grammy Family*
son.. go listen to the tracks that didnt have co-writers helping him on songs from college dropout

"never let me down"

listen to kanye's verse, no wonder he needed help writing.. boy OFF BEAT AS HELL! flow is sooooo OFF BEAT. he got too much to say, his mind won't let him structure the words to a flow cuz he wanna say too much, that's why he rushing his words through the bars and snare timing to try to get the rhymes to hit at the right time... u can hear the whole STRUGGLE in his breath and his speed of spitting.

i also noticed on "all falls down" there's certain parts where the sample's volume is so high u barely hear the rest of the beat or Kanye's words and im absolutely sure he did that on purpose to cover his tracks of being off-beat EXACTLY at those parts. he just wants u to groove out with the feeling of the song without noticing he off-beat

kanye became a better rapper as he moved forward, probly had more money for better writers on his camp and ppl that could coach him to train him how to flow effortlessly

son.. go listen to the tracks that didnt have co-writers helping him on songs from college dropout

"never let me down"

listen to kanye's verse, no wonder he needed help writing.. boy OFF BEAT AS HELL! flow is sooooo OFF BEAT. he got too much to say, his mind won't let him structure the words to a flow cuz he wanna say too much, that's why he rushing his words through the bars and snare timing to try to get the rhymes to hit at the right time... u can hear the whole STRUGGLE in his breath and his speed of spitting.

i also noticed on "all falls down" there's certain parts where the sample's volume is so high u barely hear the rest of the beat or Kanye's words and im absolutely sure he did that on purpose to cover his tracks of being off-beat EXACTLY at those parts. he just wants u to groove out with the feeling of the song without noticing he off-beat

kanye became a better rapper as he moved forward, probly had more money for better writers on his camp and ppl that could coach him to train him how to flow effortlessly

Ummmm NO... wtf you talking about?

I feel like "ye" is the first half and "Kids See Ghosts" will be the second half.
Ghost Town kinda sounds like Ye and Cudi are saying they are still the same as they were in their old albums (College Dropout and MOTM).
Maybe that'll be the theme of Kids See Ghosts.

I tried man.....
I tried....

besides Yikes in the background I could care less for the rest of this.

More disposable music from Kanye. Can’t say that I’m surprised though.

Some of it sounds good but none of it makes me want to listen again. Back to this Black Thought joint....

Ummmm NO... wtf you talking about?
bruh u can clearly hear him punch-in horribly at 2 spots in that verse it's actually so painful to hear. how do u not hear him accelerating and decelarating and tryna catch his breath unmusically in the verse

bruh u can clearly hear him punch-in horribly at 2 spots in that verse it's actually so painful to hear. how do u not hear him accelerating and decelarating and tryna catch his breath unmusically in the verse

You’re the first person I’ve ever heard dissect those minute details of those two amazing songs.

You’re the first person I’ve ever heard dissect those minute details of those two amazing songs.
they're amazing artful songs regardless, i only dissect it cuz sometimes i gotta listen to 50 different mixes of songs in engineering rooms to tell ppl to change the smallest of details for their projects. but yea, the songs are beautiful, i aint takin nuthin away from that, just saying kanye tightened up his flow as he moved forward, he grew in technical skill

that last jay z verse one of his best tbh..

None of the verses really match the choruses lol. This **** all over the place . Yikes gets play in the whip though

Back
Top Bottom