OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

While ya'll wait, you guys should give that new Abstract Mindstate album a listen. All tracks produced by Ye back on his soul sample steeze.

20210810_122414.jpg

Scorpion isn’t perfect but it has classics.
scorpion would've been take care status if he cut down the some of the fat

but i know he did a double album cause of 2pac or whatever or to spite puffy idk

lover boy rollout has been horrible. no real smash going into the release, if ye/drake dropped right now. i like ye's chances

Friend was telling me about this last week. It's a group he used to work with pre college dropout apparently?

Yep, they been in the game for a long time and disbanded. Apparently the cousin of the Male MC played an old joint from their 2nd album and it reawakened his love for rapping to bring the group back and he sent Yé the song as a throwback to reawaken any writer's block and it inspired Yé to just send them hella instrumentals that he made when he was doing 7 song albums. Kanyé made like 300 instrumentals for G.O.O.D. music artists at the time. He sent them 100 beats to pick from and boom now we got this gem of an album. It's hella fire too because it taps into that 2005 soul sample Kanye that we all know and love w/ adult conscious MC's. They are coining it Adult Contemporary Hip-Hop.

scorpion would've been take care status if he cut down the some of the fat

but i know he did a double album cause of 2pac or whatever or to spite puffy idk

lover boy rollout has been horrible. no real smash going into the release, if ye/drake dropped right now. i like ye's chances
Rollout on CLB is trash!

While ya'll wait, you guys should give that new Abstract Mindstate album a listen. All tracks produced by Ye back on his soul sample steeze.

20210810_122414.jpg

Not bad.

Nas, Tyler and the mastered Donda leak version take the top 3 spots for me right now.

The Abstract album is a testament to how good the new/evolved Kanye production is...

Last edited:
Not bad.

Nas, Tyler and the mastered Donda leak version take the top 3 spots for me right now.

The Abstract album is a testament to how good the new/evolved Kanye production is...

Isaiah Rashad is in my top 3 for the year so far along with Tyler.

Isaiah Rashad is in my top 3 for the year so far along with Tyler.

A member of my team told me the same thing about IR's new one a few weeks ago, haven't gotten around to it yet.

I am friends w/ Nebula's Mom (his original semi-exclusive producer), so I need to get to it before she asks my opinion... albeit he only did one on this project.

If the label camp really are trying to stur up some Drake competition the best way to "Win" is to just straight up drop better music, i know the mainstream crowd likes to act like Drake is on some unprecedented run in hiphop... but we've already seen Kendrick beat Drake when DAMN dropped.

Drake still did his numbers & had his party records, but the festival scene, the shows, the mainstream placements, the critical acclaim etc etc all went to Kendrick that summer because the music was just that good.

Assuming just small tweaks are made to these songs, this album is shaping up to be one that will have that same kind of effect IMO, the tour/festivals after this would be insane.

Ye is supposedly moving to a new stadium to continue working on the album. Don’t expect this to drop this year.

Drake got caught on that date in that stadium and now Ye hasn’t moved out of one in like a month :lol:

Not bad.

I feel that, rn the 5 new projects in rotation for me are ones by Abstract Mindstate, Vince Staples, Tyler, Isaiah Rashad & Nas. I wanna hear the final product of DONDA before I really give it a listen.

Honorable mention to Rare Pleasures by Mndsgn.

Ye is supposedly moving to a new stadium to continue working on the album. Don’t expect this to drop this year.
Honestly don't even care anymore. That rip is beautiful and a lot of fun to listen to. He can shelf this forever and I have something dope to listen to forever. I'm good.

Honestly don't even care anymore. That rip is beautiful and a lot of fun to listen to. He can shelf this forever and I have something dope to listen to forever. I'm good.

The twitch link? I was trying to play it in the gym today and it kept cutting out just like the live event lol.

For anyone who wants it now here's a pretty good mastered version of the performance. I still suspect this version will be different then what's released officially :

1Fey08njVERvJ6Jfj_zIPTcFOdlIq3Dp5
Nah, this one. This guy cut it apart and put it on Google Drive. I put it in my iTunes and burned a CD for the ride. This copy is fantastic. No cutouts. Which my livestream luckily never did that in real time either.

Back
Top Bottom