OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

the mainstream crowd likes to act like Drake is on some unprecedented run in hiphop...
name a rapper that had a better 10 year run?
only one that comes close is ye, which is why drake zeroed in on him

cause they're both super insecure, which is why they work so hard

UMG uploaded Donda on yandex (russian spotify) and some dude got it before they pulled it
retail donda sounds amazing.

Last edited:
name a rapper that had a better 10 year run?
only one that comes close is ye, which is why drake zeroed in on him

cause they're both super insecure, which is why they work so hard

If we're talking about charts than probably none, i never want to talk charts when debating someones contributions to music.... and when i'm talking strictly music Drake lacks by a lot IMO.

He only sits at that table through the lens of sales & popularity & to me that's where it stops

ye (mike dead) completely redid pure souls
rerecorded his verse and took out his ppl got jokes, 44 telling me i'm still not folks line LOL

man its gotta be gods plan, i swear these boys keep playing, we gon have to square up then, set it up then
100% blame drake for the delay. this is as close to saying it w/out saying it.

damn it's good to have this ye back. i hated the coppin pleas/crying on twitter/ on meds ye
pusha the only one to humble drake. ye should've rode out and go for the kill

ye might've re-recorded every song from donda V2.

cudi on moon was the right move. pusha bodied off the grid but kinda sound like its a ref track for ye

take out simple jack carti and sub in pusha

From the look of everything over the last couple of weeks. Looks as if DONDA will be Ye back in everyone’s good grace again. After rocky 2018-2020 for him. Seems as if fans, media and his peers are liking what they’ve heard and excited for the album.

Of course we are always gonna check because his craft is so legendary there’s always a chance for greatness. And this album has what every great art piece over history has needed, heartbreak and sadness.

E6B91EA0-3246-4416-AC4C-1DE559B6E111.jpeg

His BRAND IS UNREAL!!! :sick:

The second event on Aug. 5 also pulled in $7 million in revenue from in-person merchandise sales, sources say. The highest-grossing U.S. tour since 1990 — when Billboard Boxscore began tracking touring data — is Taylor Swift's Reputation Stadium Tour in 2018, which grossed just under $7 million per show. That number also matches the revenue for the first drop from Yeezy x Gap, West’s new collaboration with the Gap, which former Gap CEO Mickey Drexler told Yahoo Finance generated $7 million overnight when a $200 blue puffer coat was released in June.

If the label camp really are trying to stur up some Drake competition the best way to "Win" is to just straight up drop better music, i know the mainstream crowd likes to act like Drake is on some unprecedented run in hiphop... but we've already seen Kendrick beat Drake when DAMN dropped.

Drake still did his numbers & had his party records, but the festival scene, the shows, the mainstream placements, the critical acclaim etc etc all went to Kendrick that summer because the music was just that good.

Assuming just small tweaks are made to these songs, this album is shaping up to be one that will have that same kind of effect IMO, the tour/festivals after this would be insane.

You are saying everything I feel when it comes to Drake … people are acting like Kendrick didn’t drop 3 back to back hip hop classics that are all interchangeable in top lists.

Drake doesn’t have one classic, change my mind. Take Care has a lot of enjoyable tracks, NWTS has a lot of enjoyable tracks, but nothing on the level of what K Dot has done.

If we're talking about charts than probably none, i never want to talk charts when debating someones contributions to music.... and when i'm talking strictly music Drake lacks by a lot IMO.

He only sits at that table through the lens of sales & popularity & to me that's where it stops
Drake has a whole subgenre under him. Everytime he raps a way, everybody else raps that way. He would not he this unprecedented run he's having wasn't a leader. He is 6god.

Ye want the smoke too. He like Godzilla lookin for Kong's fade, "It's on sight!" But y'all already know how that went. Yeezus. Yeezus don't lose. Yeezus. 6god may win a round, but Ye gon tip the crown" Yeezus. Yeezus>6god.t

I’m glad Ye has decided to withhold the album until he feels it is perfect. I mean, it is damn near already a 9.5… but the extra couple of 6 months or so should push it to a 10.

The more it leaks, the more it needs to be refreshed to remain new... he has entered a vicious cycle now. Good luck Ye - please don't overproduce it and ruin it.

Reactions: ace
The more it leaks, the more it needs to be refreshed to remain new... he has entered a vicious cycle now. Good luck Ye - please don't overproduce it and ruin it.

qft

with 2 listening parties and so much audio out in the wild already, might as well release the dam thing and ‘tlop’ it as much as u want

Back
Top Bottom