OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by MarcSJ08

• 2/2010 "Lakers Away"
    15pqpuc.jpg

Finally copped these.... beautiful in person.... Austin Heads: Barton Creek FTL

they had on display at my spot and 2 of them were kinds fcked up. The toe box had crazy glue...didnt look like they were gonna hold up to well haha ^^guessthey are out then huh...newbie to the Kobe game

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

anyone have an idea on the release type for the DKs? thanks

I heard its February 20th. It was posted earlier in the thread I believe.
looking for release TYPE i.e gr, limited gr, quickstrike etc.

man...eastbay is messing with me...i ordered them on 12/24 - no word of backorder or anything..still no shoes
so i call today....and the lady tells me that my chaos' are on backorder....*sigh*

looks like i shouldn't veered from my reliable ndc

looks like releases are going to be similar to the 4...

laker cw's easily attainable with some more limited stuff sprinkled in.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

looks like releases are going to be similar to the 4...

laker cw's easily attainable with some more limited stuff sprinkled in.

I wonder if theyre gonna be any Venom type releases.

which outlet store did you visit? i went to the kaihin-makuhari nike outlet store and said they didnt have it and also called several nike outlet stores inthe tokyo area but unfortunately, they did not have it as well. it would be great if you can tell me where you saw these gems...

Originally Posted by BELLOBLOCK

on sale racks in japan already...didnt cop BTW

which outlet store did you visit? i went to the kaihin-makuhari nike outlet store and said they didnt have it and also called several nike outlet stores in the tokyo area but unfortunately, they did not have it as well. it would be great if you can tell me where you saw these gems...

I think these have the potential to be the best kobe's ever... their super light...heel and forefoot zoom air....flywire...and I heard the traction issuperb...c'mon you have to agree with me the kobe 4 and lunar foam have nothing on these...

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

• 2/2010 "Lakers Away"
    15pqpuc.jpg

gosh...i cant wait til these hit socal footlockers. i have a gift card i must use on these!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by shoehd

MarcSJ08 wrote:

gosh...i cant wait til these hit socal footlockers. i have a gift card i must use on these!!
pimp.gif

My suggestion....
I have a narrow foot and I had to go up a 1/2 sz. I have a "big" big toe
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I wonder if theyre gonna be any Venom type releases.

I hope not unless they are crappy colorways. I kind of wish the Chaos would have been like that since they are the one color I am not interestedin haha.

Originally Posted by shoehd

• 2/2010 "Lakers Away"
    15pqpuc.jpg

pimp.gif
I have a $40.00 gift card I want to use as well
pimp.gif

copped my first pair of kobes. dug the chaos alot and came upon them as I went to go get some other kicks. lakers cw's are not an option, and i am waitingon id's for new material options.

hopefully these perform as well as I expect. Technically and design wise I am intrigued to play in them.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Originally Posted by KG21

HEEL CHAFFING

Anybody getting that in their Vs? This is my second time wearing them and maybe I'm not lacing up tight enough but I got some blisters after a few full-court runs today.

I havent worn mine yet, but I have that problem with a lot of my shoes...sucks to know that more than likely I'll have that problem with these too
ohwell.gif

also...just read on "the other site" that in NY, Foot Locker on 34th st is selling the aways. Not too sure how true that is, just relaying what I read.
Played again in these today and had a little more chaffing. I think I'm in the minority when I say this but I think these run a little big. Ihave lots of room still in my size 11.5s and normally 11.5s fit me well. Definitely do not size up in these, just buy your regular size. For my next pair ofVs, I might even try on some 11s and see how they fit. I think my heel chaffing could be due to the fact the 11.5s are a little big on me.

The traction has been good, I just don't get the squeaky noises when I cut and stop, kind of a security blanket for me knowing that shoes are gripping thecourt when I hear those sounds. Played about 5-7 more full-court games today and still no signs of creases. I think Nike is on to something with these shoes.Could just be the colorway, but I'm loving how this one piece upper doesn't crease.

so what's the deal on the carpe diems? I want a pair of the aways.. gonna visit the local footlocker in my are..

Back
Top Bottom