OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

i hope those DKs arent limited... id like to see no limited kobe this year.

and i dont think we'll see much PEs from him... last year he wore Nike ids mostly...

Passed on the aways, hoping to pick up the BL's next week...
Congrats to all that got theirs.....

Originally Posted by abstractability

^ similar release to the Chaos. Footlockers, Eastbay, Nike.com etc. I think

that sounds great.

i want a pair of DK's...and those dunkman VII's too....coming months lookin good.

I copped this morning. 2nd person in my FTl to cop... but now i don't even want them anymore. Didn't fall in love with this CW like i did with theCD's last eyar.

So now, it's sadly in my sig.

bhaf6v.jpg

Okay, I got my first good look at the Aways today, and they're even better than the pictures. Some thoughts:
  • You can actually feel the weight difference between the IV and the V when holding them in your hands.
  • The shoe is really vibrant. The purple eyestay and black toecap were much shinier than I thought. That purple gridded midsole material on the forefoot lateral side was also really bright. Even the black flywire skin had silver speckles that gave it more of a charcoal color. It makes me wonder if there's difference between the black flywire on this shoe and the black on the Dark Knights because I don't think they look the same, at least from the pictures.
  • The toe and heel of the shoe were much more rigid than I assumed. It feels like there's an internal heel counter that's embedded within part of the mesh collar that supplements the external heel counter. And I think there's some kind of plastic structure inbetween the TPU layers on the toe (fused together during the heat-bonding process?) that likely prevents the shoe from creasing too much.
  • The outsole is wafer-thin. I can't imagine this shoe being played on outdoor courts multiple times.
I didn't bother coppin today because I'm cheap like my pop and I'm saving my money for the DKs.

aways are dope....I wasnt feeling them in pics, but when I saw em in person they look much better. My oonly gripe with em is the yellow heel...they should havemade either the plastic or the material a different color like black or purple.

other than that a beautiful shoe...cant wait to get mine from eastbay!

Away's are a must cop. When you think about it, these are one of the only true laker releases ever with purple and gold base. The only other one i thinkcan of is the home II's. Everything else has just been white/purple or black/purple.

Originally Posted by u ttocs

Away's are a must cop. When you think about it, these are one of the only true laker releases ever with purple and gold base. The only other one i think can of is the home II's. Everything else has just been white/purple or black/purple.

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself

Originally Posted by gdiemaster

I copped this morning. 2nd person in my FTl to cop... but now i don't even want them anymore. Didn't fall in love with this CW like i did with the CD's last eyar.

So now, it's sadly in my sig.

bhaf6v.jpg

LoL see what happens when the HYPE get to you return them and then later u will regret it

Originally Posted by JFMartiMcDandruff

Originally Posted by abstractability

^ similar release to the Chaos. Footlockers, Eastbay, Nike.com etc. I think

that sounds great.

i want a pair of DK's...and those dunkman VII's too....coming months lookin good.

if those dark knights are a gr. i need to find some cash fast.

this question goes out to the people that have balled in a lot in their V's. how has it held up? still no creases? i balled in mine once and it basicallylooked DS after no creases or anything

Originally Posted by s dubl

My oonly gripe with em is the yellow heel...they should have made either the plastic or the material a different color like black or purple.

no doubt shaun...that's what makes them wack.
sick.gif
the yllw heel plateis cool, but the the material part of the heel being the same color was od

Originally Posted by shaqrules

My oonly gripe with em is the yellow heel...they should have made either the plastic or the material a different color like black or purple.

no doubt shaun...that's what makes them wack.
sick.gif
the yllw heel plate is cool, but the the material part of the heel being the same color was od
Only reason why I didn't cop the aways. I'm praying the DKs release on Feb. 20th so I can cop at NTLV while I'm in Vegas.

i've balled in my aways already, they don't crease but they aren't scuff-proof lol. contemplating on getting another pair
grin.gif

aways are dope....I wasnt feeling them in pics, but when I saw em in person they look much better. My oonly gripe with em is the yellow heel...they should have made either the plastic or the material a different color like black or purple.

other than that a beautiful shoe...cant wait to get mine from eastbay!

I thought that at first too but then I realized that the bright heel gave the shoe its "flava" or "pop" on the court and if think its toomuch your jeans can cover it.

^ Pic is up close and personal. I might have to try black laces with theses.

Back
Top Bottom