OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

From the other site. Explains the price increase

As the Zoom Kobe V enjoyed its widely anticipated launch during the month of January, the success of the Zoom Kobe IV brought on a similar quandary that the Hyperdunk and Hyperize experienced last August, as the past shoe had been so well received that it was still on store shelves when its predecessor launched. At $10 more, it’s fair to wonder why the Zoom Kobe V deserves your attention over the IV, but with its lighter weight, thinner yet equally supportive upper, and forefoot Zoom Air cushioning, the Zoom Kobe V makes for a softer total package offering with better overall comfort. On a side note, Nike also happened to get hit by a tax technicality as well with the Zoom Kobe V, which is made entirely of synthetic materials. When importing a shoe to the United States after it’s been made on the overseas production lines, a shoe made of leathers is only taxed at an 8 percent clip, while a shoe featuring synthetics costs Nike a 20 percent tax. Quite a difference, and one of those rare fine print details you’d absolutely never hear about at your local sneaker store.
Nice info! however the 12 % difference on a shoe that cost 5 dollar ( im being generous ) to make, shouldn't equate to a 10 dollar premium! I think nike is just gonna slowly up the price, so consumers will feel like is only 10 bucks more so in a few years. Kobes will be 160 as well.

ReMarqable23 - did they make only 100 pairs of these.... j/k...pics look great...

love the away laces in the BLs too...can you throw in a pic of the aways with the BL laces?

All the laces look good, but ima go with all black. I think the all black laces settle them down a bit which is what i want to do. Too much yellow to have yellow laces on them, and i dont wanna bring out the red on them. Aways are second best option imo.

eyes.gif
cbfpunch wrote:

to answer my own question and maybe a few others:

dsc00073s.jpg

honestly, i like the BL's no matter what laces are thrown on them, yellow, nike red
pimp.gif
, or the aways.

Wow that looks awesome!

Originally Posted by jmizzo

ReMarqable23 - did they make only 100 pairs of these.... j/k...pics look great...

love the away laces in the BLs too...can you throw in a pic of the aways with the BL laces?

would be glad to
laugh.gif

dsc00074uf.jpg

sorry about the poor lighting and the cutoff
anyway, yeah, i'm gonna keep them like this
glasses.gif

dsc00075oa.jpg

btw, the aways have been balled in as you can see by the scuff marks
laugh.gif

Odd that not many pairs of bruce lees were added to ebay.  I thought they would be flooded with them.  I guess most people rocked or kept their pairs.

I woke up 2late for the Lees they better show up on my private site next week or im going to kill myself!!!

figuratively....

The BLs is/are a shoe to keep/have if your a BL fan. But the shoe itself looks amazing.

If you feel like your falling into the hype?..... That's a negative. The shoe is hot. You may wana classify it as hype but it's more of self control for most of you. My 2cents tho...

I like em man. I was like "oh they're cool" but after looking at the shoe in person... Diff story

Originally Posted by JB kickerhead JB

for those that have the DARK KNIGHTS, does the mesh on the heel cup have a purpleish tint? or it is straight gray?
its like a charcoal.

common sense would say itd be a difficult task to follow up on the success of the kobe iv's, but the overall consensus seems to be that kobe v's are an improvement over iv's.

on another note, cant believe some are feeling the white/blak/reds-- look extra bland to me, maybe b/c majority of the v's are either super flashy like the bruce lee's

or got that metallic shine to em.

SAVE YOUR MONEY FOLKS, there are going to be alot more hot releases.
they always do that, save the sick c/w's for later. aka "the choosen ones sneaks" or "greatest of all time" end of the year #%%%

anyone know howmany ? thought i heard 20

Originally Posted by hotbutter

common sense would say itd be a difficult task to follow up on the success of the kobe iv's, but the overall consensus seems to be that kobe v's are an improvement over iv's.

on another note, cant believe some are feeling the white/blak/reds-- look extra bland to me, maybe b/c majority of the v's are either super flashy like the bruce lee's

or got that metallic shine to em.

SAVE YOUR MONEY FOLKS, there are going to be alot more hot releases.
they always do that, save the sick c/w's for later. aka "the choosen ones sneaks" or "greatest of all time" end of the year #%%%

anyone know howmany ? thought i heard 20

What are you talking about? Lebron?

hi, i am from europe and we didnt got any releases over here, no BLs or DKs..this is very tuff i tell you, if you love the shoe. we only get the normal away shoe..is there anybody from europe who shares the same problem?i would love to get a pair of BLs or DKs..the pics on this thread are crazy

!%$@ those BL's might be the first pair of ballin shoes i've bought since the 2K4 dropped in '04..

Hmmm... hmm...

Woke up this morning & got this email from Eastbay:

Dear Mark 2/06/10 Order 3------- Thank you for your
recent order. We are currently out-of-stock, however you should
expect to receive this item within 2 weeks of the backorder date
printed below, unless it is a personalized product.
If you have any questions, please call our Customer Service
Department at 1-800-628-6301. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Sincerely, Eastbay

Anyone get this yet? Kinda bummed Imma be getting my ASG up to 2 weeks AFTER the game.

Back
Top Bottom