OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

^I've actually been thinking that blue colorway with the royal blue sole is the Miles Davis. Everyone's been calling them the Dukes, but I haven't seen anything Duke specific anywhere on that shoe (whereas the USC's actually have USC on them). Plus Miles played the blues and had albums called Kind of Blue and Birth of the Cool. Makes more sense to me that they're the MD's than the Dukes.

Originally Posted by Wayne141

^I've actually been thinking that blue colorway with the royal blue sole is the Miles Davis. Everyone's been calling them the Dukes, but I haven't seen anything Duke specific anywhere on that shoe (whereas the USC's actually have USC on them). Plus Miles played the blues and had albums called Kind of Blue and Birth of the Cool. Makes more sense to me that they're the MD's than the Dukes.
They are the dukes... they're just releasing them without the D logo.
11ugd1d.jpg

o7mzvs.jpg

These are a must.
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

Nice pics as always NWT.

Also, I agree with shaqrules, the Inlines should have had a translucent purple sole.  Ni modo. 

Originally Posted by swingshot

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I like the shoe better but I dont like colorways better. The only colorway that got me excited when I saw it in the Vs have been the Dark Knights while for the IVs I was excited about the Carpe Diems,Del Sols,Finals,Gradients, Spideys,Maples and few others right

Very much agreed.

(IMO) The IV is a nice shoe, with some well thought out colroways.

The lines of the V are amazing... but the color blocking on a lot of what we've seen so far just seems... random.
Loved the Carpe Diem IVs, but the yellow eyestay on the CD Vs just sticks out like a sore thumb.

Only production Kobe V i like so far is the Inlines, and even then, i still prefer what's available on ID.
agreed, there doesn't seem to be any really creative colorways.  everything so far is coming out looking like something you could make on ID, even if they don't actually have the color options. they just appear kind of plain.

Originally Posted by never wear them

del sols from the mag... ya'll can complain about the laces all you want... but the shoe itself is hot.

4376539780_04a6e94c7d.jpg

4376538998_7ea803513b.jpg

i said the dks will be the only zk5 that ima triple up on.... i was wrong.

another cool mag pic

4376541442_c9181620c4.jpg

You were right!....A very nice colorway again they might actually end up looking sleeker and better than the Del Sols IVs.

And so of course I have to ask the question......When do they release? May? June?

agreed...as of RIGHT NOW DS IVs>>DS Vs

at first I didnt like some of these Vs, but after seeing em in person
eek.gif
my thoughts did a complete 180.

Man those dukes and the "miles davis" (if thats what they infact are) are so nice. Everyone needs a blue pair of shoes
smile.gif

got kinda bored...here's the del sol v based off the iv color blocking.  i kept the swoosh border yellow since we can't change the flywire...

383127299.jpg

Originally Posted by s dubl

eek.gif
Yeah happened with me with the white/reds. Saw them yesterday and they will be copped when they go on sale. Very underrated cw.

Those Del Sols are
eek.gif
. And here I was thinking I was done after ASG, BL and DK... Oh well, its only money right? I hope these actually drop though, I was stoked on the Carpe Diems, but there have been posts that say those got scrapped.

Originally Posted by kobehead

Originally Posted by s dubl

eek.gif
Yeah happened with me with the white/reds. Saw them yesterday and they will be copped when they go on sale. Very underrated cw.

Same here. I still like the Del Sol IV but we'll see once I ses the Del Sol Vs in my hands.

i think if they had some white laces on the dukes it would give the shoe a nice balance never the less good looking shoe. im going for the merions some ids n the inlines then i call it quits on the kb5

Originally Posted by playaproved

Those Del Sols are
eek.gif
. And here I was thinking I was done after ASG, BL and DK... Oh well, its only money right? I hope these actually drop though, I was stoked on the Carpe Diems, but there have been posts that say those got scrapped.

whats the point of the carps if it doesn't have the bull logo?  otherwise it just looks like the aways.  that being said, i'd get em if they came out.

not sure abt the de sols, but the inlines are starting to grow on me. i'm feeling the splattered mid sole.

Nice pics NWT, i wore mine for the first time to the barbershop and one

barber tried to cop em on the spot.

P.S. If you ever wanna unload one of those DKs, holla

lol

Back
Top Bottom