OFFICIAL : Zoom Kobe V (5) thread - Ace launch on 3/6

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by djanonymous30

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Eastbay has screwed many a customer over the last few years.

The Chaos V's was my first and last time ever attempting to cop anything on Eastbay. I never got a confirmation email, so I sent a message to their customer service. They tell me to wait till the end of next week (which would be a week after release). I email them again and plainly ask what are the odds of me getting my order. Here's the response I get:

Our ordering system is stating product number 86429531, size 10.0, is no longer available but your order is stating it's on backorder. It is safe to say your order will be canceled.

Please let us know if we can assist you further. Thank you for visiting
www.eastbay.com.

Sincerely,

Karen
Customer Service

How about letting me know this without me having to ask first? Their ordering system is terrible (and I thought swoosh's flash system sucked). Luckily my local Footlocker still had my size. If this were the situation on some SpaceJams there would be some strongly worded letters headed Eastbay's way.
If you ask me, Eastbay isn't good for anything other than window shopping.
Hey there,

I am not sure if that was an error in Karen's response or not and we apologize for that. Since we didn't have the product in stock at the time of ordering, backorders were taken and the quantity ordered would have been reserved. Once all the quantities for a particular size is gone, it will show up in our system as no longer available. If you had a backorder, you would have had a reservation for the product. So, I would like to think Karen used the wrong word and sorry she missed that on the review before she sent her response.

I don't know if you kept your order, but, if you did, we did receive our shipment in last night and it should be shipping soon (today or tomorrow) as long as the payment went through.

Thanks,

Jason
I cancelled it right after I got a pair in person. Like I said, I'm done with Eastbay.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by Karen using the wrong word...

It is safe to say your order will be canceled.

Seemed pretty straight forward to me.

Is there anyword on the clothing for this? Kobe was wearing a nice jacket when he was on the George Lopez show...

^ that's on ndc, but not in stock yet. $150.
smh.gif
. i think i like the black one over the grape/aqua one. i just can't see myself wearing grape/aquajackets.

I rather just have the charcoal tee that matches the Chaos. I don't need to wear an $150 jacket.

I can buy a Nike hoody sweater for $30 instead.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by youngmar

lol. Ok, if you're going to Staples Center add Laker game to that list. But I seen pics in this thread where people looked like they were going out trying to impress someone with hoop shoes on. lol
roll.gif

Take it from Kobe and Nike. If Kobe is wearing his shoes, you know what he's wearing it with (sweats or shorts), and where he's wearing them to (hoop, promote).

So you must have never in your life worn Air Jordans outside of a basketball court either??

What do you rock to go for example to the movies? Are you rocking this?
laugh.gif

40901-4-3B-S.jpg

How are the Kobe's any different from rocking Jordans, Vans, or boots?

lol. Older Jordans are a far different beast from the basketball shoes nowdays. They were athletic shoes, but casual in nature. The same can't be saidfor hoop shoes today because they are best for just hoopin in.

If I'm wearing jeans, I rock Tim's and AF1's. Definitely not hoop sneaks with jeans on and sweaters tryin to impress. I'm usually in sweatsthough because I like being comfortable so I wear Air max's a lot.

i feel i'm of 'adult age (29 w/ wife & kid)' and rock kobe's all the time, even on casual days @ work... i don't see why not... asFrenchBlue said.... they're sneakers
smile.gif

Originally Posted by jmizzo

^^^ don't wear white tees, they make me look fat...lol.

The green just throws me off.....I wouldn't wear them casually anyhow, the IVs are way more comfortable imo for that....

Wow! So there are quite a few of you who rock Kobe's casually? I didn't think people (adult age) would buy Kobe's to go with "outfits." Very surprised.

They are good for hoopin in, workin out in, putting some sweats on and going to pick up something from the grocery store in.
Huh, you don't have friends or people you just kick it with? You're really surprised at the concept of wearing basketball kicks casually,like seriously??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by u ttocs

The green just throws me off.....I wouldn't wear them casually anyhow, the IVs are way more comfortable imo for that....

Wow! So there are quite a few of you who rock Kobe's casually? I didn't think people (adult age) would buy Kobe's to go with "outfits." Very surprised.

They are good for hoopin in, workin out in, putting some sweats on and going to pick up something from the grocery store in.
Huh, you don't have friends or people you just kick it with? You're really surprised at the concept of wearing basketball kicks casually, like seriously??
laugh.gif

Yes, like, seriously lol. Basketball shoes aren't casual in nature. People in this thread are going out to malls and movies tryin to impress, lookingfoolish in hoops shoes. If you're a kid, dressing like this is expected. Adults know better.

I can somewhat sympathize with youngmar in that the V's are really a performance based shoe....
I dont think its "intention" was to be worn casually....(which isn't to say it cannot be worn casually)
However, the way some heads keep their shoes, if worn casually, they might last 10 yrs....
on the court, they might last 10 months (if you lucky, 10 games would be more fitting)....

I wore my IV's to work a lot....and then kept them on when I hit up the gym.

It's all in the eye of the beholder....
I still don't understand how kids walk (or run) with those skinny jeans at the bottom of their $@%...
to me, all the kids these days seem to waddle....
back in my day, we all had a pimp strut or swagger stroll....
and we made fun of the bow legged, duck walking peeps....now they in style.... =)

Yes, like, seriously lol. Basketball shoes aren't casual in nature. People in this thread are going out to malls and movies tryin to impress, looking foolish in hoops shoes. If you're a kid, dressing like this is expected. Adults know better.
Ridiculous statement, sneakers are sneakers. Jordans or Kobe's.

Who are you to tell an adult how to dress? If you are really an adult, you would care less what other people are wearing.

Jordans are of a "casual nature" how so? They are still B-Ball shoes at the end of the day.

It's funny how you come in to criticize people on wearing Kobe's for casual use, and yet you say you wear Timbs and AF1's
laugh.gif

That's funny to me.

Who said ppl are trying to impress. Lol. Based off your previous comments/posts.... Your just talking to talk.... And i agree with DFABIX. Lol.

I would never wear the 2k4s as a casual shoe... But the zk4 can be pulled off.

you forget that older jordans at one time were considered top of the line performance sneakers. Now they are considered casual because there is better tech outthere. To each his own man...

Originally Posted by u ttocs

Huh, you don't have friends or people you just kick it with? You're really surprised at the concept of wearing basketball kicks casually, like seriously??
laugh.gif

Yes, like, seriously lol. Basketball shoes aren't casual in nature. People in this thread are going out to malls and movies tryin to impress, looking foolish in hoops shoes. If you're a kid, dressing like this is expected. Adults know better.
laugh.gif
Wearing hoop shoes is dressing to impress? Wearing hoopshoes to the mall or around town is pretty much just standard attire. People wear them because it's clean and comfortable. I'm not gonna wear kennethcole's or slacks just to go to the mall or dinner. I think you pay attention to what other people do way too much. I don't understand why it mattersto you how other people wear their shoes.

He did state that he stays in sweats and wears timbs.... That's not cool in my book. But like dude said. To eachhis own.

Crazy how this dude who rocks Timbs and AF1's as "casual attire", is laughing at dudes who rock the Kobe V's with jeans.

And at the "Older Jordans are casual" comment. Oh God.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Guys correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that the $150 Kobe jacket that he wore on the geroge lopez show is the one on ndc but it is reversible.

FrenchBlue23 wrote:
Who are you to tell an adult how to dress? If you are really an adult, you would care less what other people are wearing.

^ agreed

I wear ALL my sneakers casually...the opinion of anybody else on what I'm wearing or how I'm wearing it, is irrelevant to me...

men do what they want, boys do what they can...

on another note, can't wait for the Bruce Lee's...

Originally Posted by KOBEDABEST24

Originally Posted by Buscape

Wait.... Bruce Lee's on the 16th?! Would Chitown Niketown and/or HOH Chicago have them?
nerd.gif

HOH Chi will ge them, not sure about niketown.

Thanks. I think I'll call Niketown and ask tomorrow. Man this month is gonna be expensive... still have to buy books for classes as well
tired.gif

Originally Posted by cbfpunch

just came back from NTNY and the 34th st footlockers, the smaller ftl on 34th is selling the aways early! just scooped up a sz 8.5. i asked NTNY and the larger 34th st ftl and they said the aways will release on the 16th.
very happy that i found my pair in my size (true size too!)

also, i visited the nikeid studio on the top floor and the guy there gave me a peek of the additional colors and graphics coming out later this year. very helpful guy, much appreciated. managed to snap a pic of the possible extra colors.
there's going to be a gooooood bunch of extra graphics coming out. one that was suppose to come out last month was the player's # graphic.
more graphics are coming out in march, and then more in june, iirc. but i couldn't snap pics of those, sorry everyone. will also post this in the V iD thread.

colors

player's # graphic

me trying them on in the store

Originally Posted by never wear them

Some ppl just don't have that swagger. I'll go out in thong sandels with jeans and still impress... Ladies that is. You just gotta be dope and fly son. And yes... Ima grown man... Even if I look like a tool or an idiot... At the end of the day, I'm happy with the life I got... Nothing wrong. Gotta love life man.
quote for mutha &^%$# truth!

Back
Top Bottom