OFFICIAL: Zoom Kobe V ID - release 12/25/09 POST DESIGNS HERE!

Originally Posted by shaqrules

the white does look silver on the screen, but the white will be true white on the shoe

here you go... close to your design
kobe-id-61.jpg
these are hott
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

my 1st post. 

i designed these before i knew about the SpaceJam-inspired ones from this thread. Kobe wanted ZKV to be all-performance based, but i wanted a pair that i could wear both on- and off- court. 

pic's from NikeID site, then how it came out.

ordered the shoe Jan25 and arrived Mar4. swoosh is royal/navy blue, same color mustang icon, inside tongue says: ||39||

29ftvo6.jpg

k9i1kp.jpg

20pbgvr.jpg

2ujnin5.jpg

33fb6ee.jpg

fbxc9f.jpg

518ujb.jpg

2nueyh.jpg

^ pretty clean. nice 1st post

was debating hard on whether or not to iD a pair of V's. unless nike is gonna give a shinier finish to the base and more color options, i think i'm gonna pass for now. the finish on the base makes the entire shoe look too flat. the "metallic" finish isn't metallic-looking at all, it's just shiny lol.

Seen a few ORCA colorways done on this thread. That has to be my favorite Kobe shoe/colorway of all time... until now. I would like your guys' input.. go for the icy sole or keep it original with the white sole? Thanks in advance.

For the Orca CW I would stay with a white sole and I agree with Abstract on removing the speckles. It cheapens the look on that shoe. If the purple border option was back it would be perfect to go with the black swoosh and purple border but since its not this is what I came up with....even if you dont like this I would still recommend having the collar lining purple and just change to black laces when you get them for your design as well.

GL!

Lakers IDs from the Orlando game... too bad whenever Kobe or the LakeShow debut a new colorway, they lose...
Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

2f800e154f4a087f8fd4435f8325632e-getty-90043851fm005_lakers_magic.jpg

6fbced1f9d6d4e852916fb32d4e88600-getty-90043851fm001_lakers_magic.jpg

capt.57f75cb8fc6e4a06ac5d4377efc2eb1e.lakers_magic_basketball_doa103.jpg

capt.76ef5c26972e43bab656b27dbff94416.lakers_magic_basketball_doa102.jpg
Josh Powell
f6c35accee113ebae3dd5e5362b5224cb969055.png

Shannon Brown (w/ clear outsoles)
a4c254be4039ee435d6615b221253f6693128d1.png

Kobe (w/ clear outsoles)
fa015be13aed596991208e2713d90632cecfc8b.png

Cool, thanks guys. I'll mess around with the shoe a little more. Realized that the speckles do make it look a little cheap (or hypebeast-%+# hahahaha!), definitely changing up the collar lining to purple. Noob question: Where to get black laces for these shoes? I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by kicksb4tricks

Cool, thanks guys. I'll mess around with the shoe a little more. Realized that the speckles do make it look a little cheap (or hypebeast-%+# hahahaha!), definitely changing up the collar lining to purple. Noob question: Where to get black laces for these shoes? I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks again!
[URL]http://www.mr-lacy.com/slimmies.htm[/url]

Zumiez usually carries them.
or you can order online from here:
http://www.superfatlaces.com/shoelaces/round-sports-shoelaces.html

the actual ID pics from todays Laker game can be found on Nike Basketball's Twitter (twitter.com/nikebasketball) ...the purple was actually the reptile print on Kobe's IDs.

The material of ID look so cheap compare to the GR version and $195 is too expensive imo. If the material are like the GR i would have had 5 pairs of ID by now.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

The material of ID look so cheap compare to the GR version and $195 is too expensive imo. If the material are like the GR i would have had 5 pairs of ID by now.

The materials are the same.  If it's the base material  you're referring too it's the same as the blk/red/wht and inlines.

There's no fancy exotic metallic or iridescent but that's to be expected.

thanks everybody for the compliments.

i was lucky enough to get the "big boss" pattern before NikeID took it down. thinking about ordering another similar ID as a backup, prob use Kobe Kode instead. actually prefer the matte finish on the base... if only we could get that same matte eyestay like the BL's.. and i'll also get rid of the white speckles, just looks like snot dirt that's not supposed to be there, haha. at least it's not that obvious. 

as for the icy soles.. not as icy clean after 1 day of wearing =(

Finally got my ID's today. Overall I'm pretty satisfied. I'll post pics later when I get home.

After a long long wait and numerous emails exchanged with Nike, my iD's finally were delivered and I waited patiently for work to finish to have a look at them.  I looked at other designs on here and was impressed and looked forward to it.

When I finally did get it, I was in two minds about it.  I like how they looked. the bright orange, the blue and the matt black finish.  Here they are.

16h4zfa.jpg

219ax6w.jpg

2iaex6b.jpg

20jqw54.jpg

But looking closely at the shoe, the build quality has me seriously considering returning them.  There was glue everywhere, a lot more than you would expected.  The outsole doesnt look like it was glued properly to the shoe and seems like a hard cut playing ball could tear.

Now I dont know whether to live with the minor defects, ask Nike to do them again (and wait god knows how long again)

That design is nice swmlon. Maybe the reason you are able to see the glue more is because of the black color. It's really obvious when there is black on glue contact.

That really sucks. If I'm not completely satisfied with mine they are going back and I will try again. I'm not willing to spend $200 on something I'm not 100% happy with.

Good luck in your decision.

Those look good swmlon, IMO, no one will noticed those glue stains but you, and they will be in the back of your mind. lol.

I'm very picky when it comes to that, but judging by your pics, they look fine.

Back
Top Bottom