OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

I just finished playing bball in the aces for the first time and i was wondering if everyone uses ankle braces or tape there ankles... Im not use to playing in ankle high shoes thats why i ask

I didn't tape mine. They were ok. But, I think when we see Kobe lace up his with no brace, or tape... We think we can hope in games without it too. But that man has been playing for years and his ankle as use to it & he has built a certain tolerance for pain & can endure certain twist, Turns, etc.

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

I didn't tape mine. They were ok. But, I think when we see Kobe lace up his with no brace, or tape... We think we can hope in games without it too. But that man has been playing for years and his ankle as use to it & he has built a certain tolerance for pain & can endure certain twist, Turns, etc.
Kobe tapes his ankles.

And, twobig4u247.. the first few wears you might feel some discomfort, but eventually you'll adjust to all the freedom your ankle really has and you'll be fine. that's how i was with the 4's but now i'm used to it, switching to the 5's was a smooth transition.

Originally Posted by al3x89

Kobe tapes his ankles.

And, twobig4u247.. the first few wears you might feel some discomfort, but eventually you'll adjust to all the freedom your ankle really has and you'll be fine. that's how i was with the 4's but now i'm used to it, switching to the 5's was a smooth transition.
Exactly what i was thinking. They actually are very light and comfortable to play in im just uncomfortable about the whole low top shoe in general

I don't think he tapes them every game.... I had a video send to me earlier this year of him leaving the court, removing his shoes & socks in the locker room... And there was no tape.
But hey I don't know.

I don't think he tapes them every game.... I had a video send to me earlier this year of him leaving the court, removing his shoes & socks in the locker room... And there was no tape.
But hey I don't know.

I think, and I say I think, he tapes them every game now since he had that awkward ankle injury earlier in the season.

Oh ok. Hey who knows lol. I played without them last week for the first time for 2 days straight. It had been a while since I played , my body was sore... Ankle was a tad sore... But only cause I ran into a cen. Block chasing the ball outta bounds and banged it against it. Other than that... It was smooth sailing.
&& Danny... Love you Kobes... Like you love your life. Lol

Gonna head to footlocker thursday for F&F and pick up either aways or v-days for my lil brother for his bday,and prob aways for myself.

More from the other forum. Those PURPLE ones are supposedly released in November 2010 and those white/yellow ones I posted earlier are October 2010. Credit for the pics are to airkb8 obviously.

Originally Posted by AirForce1s

is it wrong i get more excited about playing in the Vs then playing basketball itself?

hahaha dead on sometimes haha sometimes i get like that LoL especially with new shoes

so im assuming the CD are now the POPs?? I guess if we dont see Carpe Diem on it its not the CDs then.  those pic showing off the metallic parts are nice.  i like shiny!!! shiny so purty

Still not really feeling the POPs, but that blue pair is OMFG!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif
I'd assume that's the ink colorway? Those are fiyah!!! Hopefully they're a GR.

Hey I wanna start a serious discussion about the Vs performance. I just got home from playing in these for the first time:

A little background: I play 3 times a week( 1 league & 2 nites of pick up), indoors only, I am 39(!) yrs old, but can still get up and down the court. Still play with college age guys & most nights I am the oldest guy out there. I have a moderate case of plantar fasciitis in my right foot, but it doesn't stop me from playing. My current bb shoe rotation has the Kobe IVs(2 pair), Lebron VI, Air III (KGs), 2k5s, Zoom BBs and AJ XIIs.
Anyways, like I said, I wore the Vs tonight and HATED them. The narrowness of the arch part of the sole really hurt my foot. I felt my fasciitis acting up with every step. Don't get me wrong, the Vs cushioning is great, and they look
eek.gif
, but I was greatly disappointed (and sad!) in how they felt on my feet. And now the top of my foot is sore too. There is no way I will wear them again, and I hope I can return them. This also cancels my plans to get other colorways.
Has anyone else had a negative experience balling in the Vs? And please... keep the smartass answers or dumb comments about me or my game to a minimum, I just want to know if I'm the only one.(and I know there is a review post) It breaks my heart that these didn't work out for me.

Just got back from my local Footaction, was able to cop the Aways with the footlocker $30off. Suprised they had my size and  it was cool that I was able to use the coupon there, seems like all footlockers in the greater Los Angeles are out of most sizes. They had the Homes, they look dope in pics, but I was questioning it too much when i saw them, Im not sure, but I dont think they were excluded from the discount.

Originally Posted by s dubl

eek.gif
eek.gif

They are a GR from what I was told. I have the pic of the actual shoe somewhere in one of my text's.

The shoe is NOT blue. It's PURPLE.

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

Originally Posted by s dubl

eek.gif
eek.gif

They are a GR from what I was told. I have the pic of the actual shoe somewhere in one of my text's.

The shoe is NOT blue. It's PURPLE.

That's what I was gonna say. That's purple. Not blue, obvious to me.

Man that sucks to hear! Unfortunately some shoes just don't fit well and looks like Vs don't for you. So many types and shapes of feet, just sucks that because of fit you will miss out on superb performance shoe

Back
Top Bottom