OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

Originally Posted by kob8

Saw some UWR Vs at the Ontario Mills Outlet if anyone interested.....

did you pick me up a pair?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Zyzz

These are better than the VI's on the basketball court and look better. Just thought id put that out there
laugh.gif

i love these and need to get a pair of something simple and no one around my way got them.

try iDs, your best bet~ no one else will have them for sure
but... iD is highly addictive... if you have some money in your pocket to spend, it may drains them all... just a warning, it happened to me

Vs are definitely a firmer ride than the VIs
i feel like they're 2 different shoes though the tooling system is the same
i need to give mine a run soon, been giving these VIs a lotta run lately

the V's are nice, but the the VI's are way better.

traction on the VI's is 100x better than the V's (it needs to be broken in, remember that!). my VI's squeak, my V's never squeaked... same floor, same conditions, etc.

I love the 5s... But the 6s are better.

The 5s look outdated. And regarding about the responsiveness, you definitely need to break it in. That insole is nice and does provide better comfort... But once u break it in and soften the insole..... You'll regret buying so many 5s
laugh.gif
like I did

Based on looks - The 5 outdated the 4s. The 6s just took it another level.

I can't see them using fake pleather snake skin anymore on any future Kobe signature... It has to have the islands/scales on em. That's the curse they've put on themselves

VI > V when it comes to performance and looks for me. Still the V's had a great run and will always be one of my favorites.

V's were heavy rotated and still used with great comfort & performance for myself...
I only have 2 VI's....and the ELA's are breaking in nicely, however, the V's are like the go to at this point...

if I wasn't so busy I'd be at the outlets picking up a few cheap pairs to beat up....that way I can spare my BL's and the Aces....

^^Retail? if avail?....I can't really see it being more than retail unless you go with the overseas sellers (footalog, rmk, etc)

I have to agree to a point that comfort wise, the VI's over the V's. Flexibility, breathablity, and heal to toe transition, the VI's are so much superior over the V's. The V's are a stiffer shoe. However, aesthetic wise, I think the V's are a much classic, cleaner looking shoe. "Big Stage Away's" are possibly the best looking of the Kobe line. I would also put the IV's "Venom's" next to the "Away's."

Originally Posted by DFABIX

^^Retail? if avail?....I can't really see it being more than retail unless you go with the overseas sellers (footalog, rmk, etc)

I wish I could find a size 8 somewhere
frown.gif

Vs are the best as I always said...

the only thing VIs can win over the Vs are those islands aka. scales... those are very unique
other than that fact... i love the Vs totally
performances, slick shape of the shoes... Vs win!

Originally Posted by Nermindee

laugh.gif

I almost walked out with them, but decided to hold off and try my luck with OCs.
I could've had them but my friend sold them to someone else..
roll.gif

IV's have the best traction and the V's have the best fit and from what i hear the VI's are the most comfy.

it's hard to debate which shoe is better, 5 or 6. because they're both awesome on the
court. And the ride of the 5 is different from the 6 and maybe that's what make or brake
it for some. to me the 5s will always be that shoe you can depend on with that very sleek
look. But good lord the 6s are too crazy! design is crazy yet not that over the top and the
performance just upped the 5s. But like the 4s, we can't disrespect the older models.
btw, wearing my 5s right now. LOL

Originally Posted by Nermindee

laugh.gif

I almost walked out with them, but decided to hold off and try my luck with OCs.
I could've had them but my friend sold them to someone else..
roll.gif
kekeke your friend sucks
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LA KB24

I love the Vs
smile.gif
I dont like the fact that they squeak!
My Jordan X's had this problem and read on NT about using baby powder under the insoles...worked pretty good, you might want to try that out...

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by LA KB24

I love the Vs
smile.gif
I dont like the fact that they squeak!

Your pairs squeak?  Interesting, I've never heard that problem before
yeah same here.. no squeaking.. love my V's but the VI's look awesome..

i have the squeaking problem as well, idk why because i'm not heavy (140 lbs.)
i was guessing it was due to my frequent use of them
the chaos i use for bball, and the del sols, chaos, and aways that i use for casual wear all squeak, although the casual wear ones don't squeak as much as the chaos i use for basketball

I returned a Kobe V POP size 10.5 to Eastbay, so it is out there on sale if anybody needs it.

Sidenote: I go around in circles with Eastbay customer service. Me: "Can you please send me a refund check?" Her: "I'm sorry sir, we have not received that item back yet." Me: "I 100% guarantee you have. This shoe sold out and has been off the site for over a month and now one shows up in the exact size I returned." Her: "I'm sorry sir, we have not received it." Me: "OK. Whatever. Thank you. Goodbye."

We need Eastbay Ray at all times.... someone who understands!

The V's def had some amazing cw's/theme's. I'm not gonna say the VI's is better yet until I can look at all the cw's as a whole. So far the VI's that have dropped aren't touching the Big stage away, BL, DK, and Chaos yet imo. Although the OC's, 3D's, Del Sol and Grinches are up there. But the jury is out yet until around sept.

Back
Top Bottom