OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

BLs are overrated... got mine for a little over retail (Philippines retail through a friend) and sold em to another friend for what I paid+shipping...
Homes, Inlines, black outs (both pairs), and TBs dont get the love they deserve. Even all stars, the reflective woodgrain is SICK!
Chaos is the best colorway that released IMO.
oh and BS Homes>>>>>>Aways. I dont know why the aways go for more, he won the chip in the Homes. I like the home as a colorway more than the aways as well.
Even though this model wasnt too hyped, most people only want the hyped colorway of the model when theres colorways that are much better than the hyped colorways.

I honestly think people are only drawn more to the BS aways because the laser is more visible in certain lighting.....kinda corny but probably true

BLs are overrated... got mine for a little over retail (Philippines retail through a friend) and sold em to another friend for what I paid+shipping...

Homes, Inlines, black outs (both pairs), and TBs dont get the love they deserve. Even all stars, the reflective woodgrain is SICK!

Chaos is the best colorway that released IMO.

oh and BS Homes>>>>>>Aways. I dont know why the aways go for more, he won the chip in the Homes. I like the home as a colorway more than the aways as well.

Even though this model wasnt too hyped, most people only want the hyped colorway of the model when theres colorways that are much better than the hyped colorways.
The laser print details can be seen more easily on the Aways than the Homes IMO. The Homes also get dirty easily, and on top of that are difficult to clean without messing up that laser print. With the Aways, if you get some dirt on them or what not, it doesn't really show up. Just for those reasons, I'd easily put the Aways over the Homes, no question.

Yeah I agree there are plenty of other colorways of the Vs that deserve love like the Aways, ASGs, Aces, Inlines, etc, outside of the usual BL/Chaos/DKs/Big Stages that people mention. But I think each of those hyped V colorways deserve all the attention they get for being well colorblocked and executed, with more behind them than you see with some of the more recent hyped shoes. You may not like the BLs, but just as a yellow/black shoe, I thought that color combo was colorblocked about as well as you can do those colors on a V. You just don't see a great yellow/black shoe very often, and the Bruce Lee connection was no doubt a cool bonus on top of all that, which was a bigger thing for some people than others.

But hey, to each his own. I own both blackouts and had them as great work shoes for a while, but I wasn't a fan of the Homes or some of the TBs. The Away Vs, despite being a GR, are a top 5 colorway of the Vs to me, and I'd personally take them over the BS Homes. Other than the Carpe Diem IVs, I thought the Away Vs were the best "Lakers" Kobe so far, meaning with both yellow and purple in the colorway.

The laser print details can be seen more easily on the Aways than the Homes IMO. The Homes also get dirty easily, and on top of that are difficult to clean without messing up that laser print. With the Aways, if you get some dirt on them or what not, it doesn't really show up. Just for those reasons, I'd easily put the Aways over the Homes, no question.
Yeah I agree there are plenty of other colorways of the Vs that deserve love like the Aways, ASGs, Aces, Inlines, etc, outside of the usual BL/Chaos/DKs/Big Stages that people mention. But I think each of those hyped V colorways deserve all the attention they get for being well colorblocked and executed, with more behind them than you see with some of the more recent hyped shoes. You may not like the BLs, but just as a yellow/black shoe, I thought that color combo was colorblocked about as well as you can do those colors on a V. You just don't see a great yellow/black shoe very often, and the Bruce Lee connection was no doubt a cool bonus on top of all that, which was a bigger thing for some people than others.
But hey, to each his own. I own both blackouts and had them as great work shoes for a while, but I wasn't a fan of the Homes or some of the TBs. The Away Vs, despite being a GR, are a top 5 colorway of the Vs to me, and I'd personally take them over the BS Homes. Other than the Carpe Diem IVs, I thought the Away Vs were the best "Lakers" Kobe so far, meaning with both yellow and purple in the colorway.

Well put....

Definitely agree with you on the Away.

I sold my dk and have my chaos as well. 5 rings were the closest I got to the big stages. :stoneface: I sold them to dfabix though too much going on with the concord.
Oh and I play in them quite often......wouldn't mind another pair of BL's to play in either....

Damn Dukes for $100!?

Extremely underrated colorway along with the Aces in the V series. 
smokin.gif

dayum! 6 times you gotta post it? must be really excited... =)
wouldn't mind a pair of dukes myself though.

I think since he's a new member he gets that moderator scanning post bs and was wondering why it wouldn't post so he posted six times to keep trying, some trooper. 
roll.gif

it's cool, I'm just cracking jokes at your expense....welcome to NT...
***starts his search for DUKES (even though I'm certain some VIIIs will be copped)

I sold my Dukes for like 109 on eBay year or so back.... Pretty big regret, especially for what they sold for :frown:

Wore these today. One of the best outta the bunch

These the day before

Nice Bruce Lee's.

You know...the one thing I learned from sneakers is this: if you sell something with quite amount of hesitation...you'll probably regret it later lol. I used to have the bruce lee's but sold them away awhile back. FINALLY was able to snag a near DS pair for $220 shipped. Very satisfied.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Zoom-K...rNOO5l2o8wNS2OqoA0G6Xls=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Can't wait to get these bad boys back!

Sold my dukes after wearing them once, then bought another pair, wore them once and almost sold again. Glad I didnt. They really are a great shoe.

Nice Bruce Lee's.
You know...the one thing I learned from sneakers is this: if you sell something with quite amount of hesitation...you'll probably regret it later lol. I used to have the bruce lee's but sold them away awhile back. FINALLY was able to snag a near DS pair for $220 shipped. Very satisfied.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nike-Zoom-K...rNOO5l2o8wNS2OqoA0G6Xls=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Can't wait to get these bad boys back!
Wow dude I should of known about that auction..

yeah...to be honest I just saw it like last night. couldn't believe it but i'm totally cool with the price.

It took me awhile to like the Duke V but I ended up liking them(didn't get a pair though). I would put the Duke VII(I know they weren't really Dukes) right up there. I know nobody would agree with me. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom