Officially Retired from sneakers

“Do you see yourself still wearing Jordans when you’re in your late 50s, 60s?“

Yes. Most likely Jordan 1 Low Retro OG pairs, IVs, V, and VIs. I like collecting pairs, but can now also let them go, satisfied that I had them in my possession for a bit. But, a few years back I could buy and then decide if I wanted to keep cause prices always went up. Nowadays, if I realize I’m not going to wear a pair a few months later I lose money. Ex: Jordan 1 High True Blues, XIII Playoffs, White Navy VIs, Wizards III PE, etc. Just turned 47, and sneakers keeps me motivated to stay in shape so I can wear and pull off the style(s).

“Do you see yourself still wearing Jordans when you’re in your late 50s, 60s?“

Yes. Most likely Jordan 1 Low Retro OG pairs, IVs, V, and VIs. I like collecting pairs, but can now also let them go, satisfied that I had them in my possession for a bit. But, a few years back I could buy and then decide if I wanted to keep cause prices always went up. Nowadays, if I realize I’m not going to wear a pair a few months later I lose money. Ex: Jordan 1 High True Blues, XIII Playoffs, White Navy VIs, Wizards III PE, etc. Just turned 47, and sneakers keeps me motivated to stay in shape so I can wear and pull off the style(s).
47…nice!

I’m 48…it SUCKS.

The last year or so, my feet are telling me that arch support and cushion are more important than they used to be. I wear orthotic insoles in my 1s, but it’s still not great.

I don’t believe that the human foot was meant to wear Jordan 1s past a certain age.

I'm turning 50 next month, and I have made the move to Lebron 20s and Ja 1s because of the stability and overall comfort. I've slowly been selling off my Jordans on the used market for a while now. I will always keep my Jordan 5 Retro fire reds with the Nike Air on the back because those were my first ever back in 1990 as a senior in high school. Probably will never totally leave the game (I also have a fitted hat collecting addiction), and at no point will the wide-foot New Balance "Dad Shoes" be a part of my rotation, but I guess at some age, I will have to make an adjustment.

Also, I am finding myself not as excited about retro releases. Many of them are just too clunky and end of looking out of place and awkward. Sometimes the nostalgia takes over my senses. The Air Attack, Flight 89, Air Trainer 2, Air Trainer SC all seem like a good idea at the time, but then I never wear them.

Last edited:
Maybe because I been so into building my car I lost love for sneakers but here is what I been keeping busy with and damn this hobby is more expensive then sneakers :rofl:My previous car was a GT-R but sold it in 2018 to buy my house and got heavy back into sneakers but after kith unveiled the G82 I had to have one.
photo shoot 4.jpg
photo shoot 1.jpg
photo shoot 3.jpg
bmw m4 8.jpeg

47 here and have been spending more than I should be on sneakers. Got more than enough shoes to last the next decade. also have bought some 1's that I know my boys will enjoy when they're older.

I do like the new 2024 Landcruiser coming out. Maybe I should be diverting my attention to that.

Last edited:
If you could only keep five pairs in your collection, which five would they be?
Hey man I’m happy for you! I’m 38 yrs old got my first J’s in 93 Playoff VIII’s and have been a shoe geek ever since! I’ve felt like I’m at that point so many times and something draws me back. It hasn’t even been a Jordan that does it either, I like the old Griffeys, Deions, Air Max Pluses, Trainer Max 91’s. The thing I get so mad over is the price hike on all the shoes, and the horrendous quality compared to the original pairs. Like you used to be able to ball in Jordan’s and even the first retro editions of the early 2000’s. I’m talking recess type balling and they didn’t fall apart! Now I worked never recommend J’s to be played in…unless maybe the current version. When sneakers blew up and Nike saw that people would pay regardless. That’s when I got a bitter taste in my mouth! Proud you are out and happy about it!

I would keep 2001 White/Black Air Jordan XI’s, 2008 Playoff VIII’s, 2003 White/Cement III’s, 2004 Playoff XII’s, and XI/VI DMP Pack

I’ll never be in a position where I lose love for looking and dressing nice

but I def don’t buy shoes often

I’m more into adult size bmx bikes

but i get shoes here and there

but I love having space and less clutter more than having 100s of shoes

Maybe because I been so into building my car I lost love for sneakers but here is what I been keeping busy with and damn this hobby is more expensive then sneakers :rofl:My previous car was a GT-R but sold it in 2018 to buy my house and got heavy back into sneakers but after kith unveiled the G82 I had to have one.
photo shoot 4.jpg
photo shoot 1.jpg
photo shoot 3.jpg
bmw m4 8.jpeg

Thats heat fam.

Not a beemer guy, but im thinking aboot getting rid of my 2016 Black Edition zilla.

Test drove the supra and love the driving dynamics. Whatever bmw did, they knocked it out the ball park frank. Will mostly likely trade the gtr for it by the new year. Have some residual money left and start the new year off w more heat. Lol).

Trust, i love cars… but i love shoes more.

And i cant get rid of my shoes, no matter how much i know i shouldnt be hoaring shoes anymore (at 41 years elderly, i got a two year sneaker rotation and to this day, it doesnt feel like enough. *mental healf prollems*).

But kudos to you fam. Im sure you relished in your sneaker journeys, even w the flows and ebbs of acquiring even gr shiits. Lol.

That said, i only plan on buying 3 more pears by the end of the year: playoff ochos, dmpenis 11’s and the reverse grinches.

Going to Cancun for xmas and bestest beliefs im wearing the og greens on one foot and the reds on the other.

Salute and enjoy the hell out of that notzee sled.

But you’ll come back…

They all do.

Keeheehee.

0D4B20B7-F9DC-49F0-B5B4-89E417AC325F.gif

I'm basically there too. I'm just bored then on top of the hassle to get a pair you really want. I'm just now getting into the Max 1 hype. Jordan colorways are getting repetitive anyways

I'm turning 50 next month, and I have made the move to Lebron 20s and Ja 1s because of the stability and overall comfort. I've slowly been selling off my Jordans on the used market for a while now. I will always keep my Jordan 5 Retro fire reds with the Nike Air on the back because those were my first ever back in 1990 as a senior in high school. Probably will never totally leave the game (I also have a fitted hat collecting addiction), and at no point will the wide-foot New Balance "Dad Shoes" be a part of my rotation, but I guess at some age, I will have to make an adjustment.

Also, I am finding myself not as excited about retro releases. Many of them are just too clunky and end of looking out of place and awkward. Sometimes the nostalgia takes over my senses. The Air Attack, Flight 89, Air Trainer 2, Air Trainer SC all seem like a good idea at the time, but then I never wear them.
The styliest most comfortable (especially) daddish shoes are asics gel lyte 3 the split tongue is a gamechanger. I bought my dad a pair and hes 60 and they looked fresh on his old feet.
if your looking to reinvent your shoe game look no further

photo shoot 4.jpg
photo shoot 1.jpg
photo shoot 3.jpg
bmw m4 8.jpeg
I drive a 2019 Honda Fit.

I feel you.

The market is too flooded right now with so many pairs.

I was born in 2006, so when I first saw the DMP XIs, I knew I had to have those OGs. I remember getting a pair but size 8.5 was too small, so I held onto them and eventually sold them back in 2013.

These gratitude 11s are going to be my last sneaker pick up of the year and I'm officially done from this game from Nike.

Back
Top Bottom