[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lakers have no other choice but to make it work with Dwight.

Pau cant change a game defensively like he can, but this whole roster is buns anyways.

Add me on IG @ronnierocks

you bring up the warriors like they are some standard of advancing through the playoffs.

remind me the last time a team without a sound defense won the championship, i'll wait.

Im talking about winning games without defense, its proven you can win games without D many teams in this league take this approach every year.

I never said championship boss. relax.

Essential, your a numbers guy I get that....

I am absolutely NOT a numbers guy, I am a full fledged believer in the TROVE of factors that contribute to the outcome of game that cant be quantified by 1's and 0's i.e.. dominance, degree of difficulty, effort, attitude, intensity, focus, toughness etc.....

and shame on you for saying "except freethrows" if d12 actually hit his freethrows he would hands down be a HOF'er already....opposed to being on the brink of being forgotten as a franchise player.

Now im not arguing with anyone in this thread cuz we all supposed to be brothers bound by the purp x gold...

but i am however trying to prove all the points that I am making.

I'm not completely sold on Dwight, but we really must resign him if not for anything else to have an attractive asset to try and get more pieces for the future (ie 2015). If he's back to his normal self, he at the least should be able to fetch Kevin Love if he's not progressing or pouting about being in LA.

2 shooters had career years playing with Dwight?

Oh.

Didn't know you were such a fan of Dwight.

I could of sworn you and I were both saying "we don't want him in LA" when the whole Dwightmare was happening 2 years ago.
You were pretty vivid about it. :lol:

You thinkin of someone else. I called Dwight to LA during the LeBron free agent craze, I knew Dwight would be next and we could flip Bynum for him. Me and Mamba MVP both were on that.

Person wise, I'm not in love with Dwight, but the man just had the worst year of his life, off back surgery and went 17-12-2 blocks on 58%.

His worst, season.

His best is better than everyone not named LeBron or Durant. He just plays the sport vastly different than those 2.

Phil hired by the Pistons as an adviser for their head coaching hire.

Last edited:
You think you are going to resign Dwight and then just ship him off to Minnesota... There'd be a very limited market for him. You can say well he doesn't have a no trade clause. Yes that's true, but he sure as hell can just train wreck a franchise he doesn't want to be at. Hence driving down the offers.

If I wouldn't suffer as well, I kind of want him to just leave LA. Then we can come back here after 3-4 years of being an awful basketball team, and see who was right.. But when the Lakers lose, my day is shot..

Last edited:
:lol: at Rambis.

Might as well pour gasoline on $4 million and light it on fire.

When Dwight was ejected from the game and went to the locker room and Kobe ended up on the bench, it kind of reminded me of when LaDanlian Tomlinson was sitting on the bench and Philip Rivers came to sit next to him and Tomlinson got up and left. That made me wonder does Kobe really want him in L.A.....

you bring up the warriors like they are some standard of advancing through the playoffs.

remind me the last time a team without a sound defense won the championship, i'll wait.

Im talking about winning games without defense, its proven you can win games without D many teams in this league take this approach every year.

I never said championship boss. relax.

Essential, your a numbers guy I get that....

I am absolutely NOT a numbers guy, I am a full fledged believer in the TROVE of factors that contribute to the outcome of game that cant be quantified by 1's and 0's i.e.. dominance, degree of difficulty, effort, attitude, intensity, focus, toughness etc.....

and shame on you for saying "except freethrows" if d12 actually hit his freethrows he would hands down be a HOF'er already....opposed to being on the brink of being forgotten as a franchise player.

Now im not arguing with anyone in this thread cuz we all supposed to be brothers bound by the purp x gold...

but i am however trying to prove all the points that I am making.

I think me and Dennis' point is that WE are talking about championships.

I mean, if we're not talking about championships, what are we talking about? Pacific Division banners?

Pistons won.

For real.

It will be gradual, but positive things are going to happen in the D. and I'm going to hate every minute of it, because that should have been us. he knows basketball, and basketball operations. I firmly believe that. That man asks for the moon? You throw a lasso around the moon, and pull it down.

It's just a consultant role to hire the head coach. He could be gone the day after they hire their coach. :lol:

Yes, he could be.

Or, more realistically, he could be showing everyone his FO skills, particularly the Pistons since he is under their employ.

Last edited:
Just read a tweet from a guy that cowrote Phil's first book

Quote:
Roland Lazenby ‏@lazenby 9m
Bron has always privately hungered to be a Laker. Maybe if they are really bad for a few seasons, the setting will be right for his entrance
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Interesting. Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom