[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It really saddens me that people support the idea of tanking. That's a cowardly *** way of doing things, but hey I guess.

Say it again !!!

I'm in no hurry to get in the lottery because who knows how long the rebuilding process can take, **** around it's 10 years later and were still not in the playoffs.

If our run is over then it's over, why can't we just fade to black like all the other all time teams?

A couple playoff exits and the young bloods takeover, just like Isiah, Magic, Larry , and Mike did it in Washington, he knew they weren't winning a championship. Imagine them tanking...

Nah that's not good enough, we wanna fast forward thru the end of the movie and pin our hopes on some high school kids that can run fast and jump high or hope one of these fickle nba divas feel like taking our money :{.

Nah guys... lets wait for Lebron to sign to a pisspoor Laker team and sell him on signing a guy a whole yr later and then Love will sign with no one but us because, hell, who would say no to LA?....THEN Kyrie

Here we come 2017 :|

Tanking guarantees nothing... lottery balls can have us stuck with no options. Assets? We have none.

I'd rather mount up with what we can get in the pool and go "Last Ride" i.e. Ravens

Get a chip '14 or '15 and figure it out after that.

We can agree to disagree CP, no hard feelings.

I will say this...LA should not be irrelevant, but this year we will be :( :(

Last edited:
Thanks Ron for that 3 in Game 7. Now we just need to get rid of Pau and Kobe will be forced to sit.

It really saddens me that people support the idea of tanking. That's a cowardly *** way of doing things, but hey I guess.

Say it again !!!

I'm in no hurry to get in the lottery because who knows how long the rebuilding process can take, **** around it's 10 years later and were still not in the playoffs.

If our run is over then it's over, why can't we just fade to black like all the other all time teams?

A couple playoff exits and the young bloods takeover, just like Isiah, Magic, Larry , and Mike did it in Washington, he knew they weren't winning a championship. Imagine them tanking...

Nah that's not good enough, we wanna fast forward thru the end of the movie and pin our hopes on some high school kids that can run fast and jump high or hope one of these fickle nba divas feel like taking our money :{.

Yeah, sucks to be the Magic having tanked and will soon be sporting Vucevic, Harkless, Harris, Oladipo and then get another top 3-4 pick next year to add to that core.

Or Durant/Russ/Ibaka continuing to suck to land Harden the next year. (course, their GM screwed the pooch on that one)

Sucks that the Cavs tanked in 2003. Or that the Heat/Nuggets piled up losses too, to take some "kids"

Sucks that the Colts were no good when Peyton Manning got hurt, and now they have Andrew Luck for the next decade.

Or when David Robinson got hurt, so the Spurs had to settle for drafting Tim Duncan.

Yeah, it's hard to live like that for a season........I much rather go 39-43 and draft 14th. I def rather have some "pride" than Andrew Wiggins, or Jabari Parker. Sign me up for that 9th seed. :smokin

:lol Come on fam, not you too.

Say it again !!!

Nah that's not good enough, we wanna fast forward thru the end of the movie and pin our hopes on some high school kids that can run fast and jump high or hope one of these fickle nba divas feel like taking our money
mean.gif
I'd rep you, but my quota is up. But that's how Laker fans are: spoiled and always want to be in the big game, even though it's not always going to be like that.

Last edited:
Holy ****!! Metta is amnestied? That's ****** up. He was just saying how we were going to face the Rockets and **** in the conference finals.

for those against the 2014 cap space plan, care to share what you would do instead? please outline free agent signings/trades you would do to right this ship.

Say it again !!!

The Lakers have zero young guns to take over the team though. And they already gave up their 2015 and 17 first-round picks, so we can't wait until then to get some young bloods to take over either.

I'm not advocating tanking this year. But you gotta see why it's a real option to some people.

Nah guys... lets wait for Lebron to sign to a pisspoor Laker team and sell him on signing a guy a whole yr later and then Love will sign with no one but us because hell who would say no to LA.....THEN Kyrie

Here we come 2017 :|

Yes, because that is what has been spelled out to you in this thread for the past week.

2017 is exactly the plan we've all mentioned. :lol

You guys. :lol :{

Holy ****!! Metta is amnestied? That's ****** up. He was just saying how we were going to face the Rockets and **** in the conference finals.

He's crazy but he had to figure this was coming after he opted in and Dwight didn't resign. They were either going to amnesty him or Pau (if Dwight stayed). Looking forward to the Twitter rant.

He's crazy but he had to figure this was coming after he opted in and Dwight didn't resign. They were either going to amnesty him or Pau (if Dwight stayed). Looking forward to the Twitter rant.
It would've been better if it happened before the tweet, but damn. He should feel crushed.

They'll sign LO and he'll be starting at SF. That's a nice tank squad if Kobe doesn't return until late in the season and mess it up.

The Lakers have zero young guns to take over the team though. And they already gave up their 2015 and 17 first-round picks, so we can't wait until then to get some young bloods to take over either.

I'm not advocating tanking this year. But you gotta see why it's a real option to some people.
No, it shouldn't be an option. Would you tell your son "hey son, you have no ******g chance in winning this year, so you might as well play like sh*t but pretend to play good, take this *ss whoopin and get it over with"?

Last edited:
I forgot the post Shaq assets.

Kobe/LO you all know about. We also added young pieces in Farmar, Sasha, Bynum, Turiaf, Marc Gasol, traded for young Ariza, and drafted Crittenton.

Flipped a couple of those for Pau, and just like that, we were set.

Again, we do not have enough picks for that THIS time. So, we have to capitalize on our 2014 First Rounder (in a deep class) and spend wisely in 2014 and 2015. We then have another pick in 2016 we can use. By then, in theory, we could have 2 young guns, and 2-3 solid free agent additions. Be it a Melo, a Bron, a LMA, whoever they might be.

WE CAN'T REBUILD, THRU THE DRAFT, ENTIRELY, THIS, TIME.

Do you all understand this?

And signing a bunch of mid level guys now, and ignoring higher level chances next year, does no good.

If we kept Dwight, then maybe we do try to make "one last run" this year. But he left, so now we have to rebuild the RIGHT way.

Gortats, Collisons, Monta's, are not the right ways guys. They are not, I'm sorry.

No I wouldn't tell my ******g son that but my ******g son isn't a professional basketball franchise that is limited by a salary cap and he doesn't require star basketball players to succeed in life.

So you'd rather be in basketball purgatory and get dusted in the playoffs or barely miss them than go all out to have the best possible chance at landing one of these studs in this upcoming draft class. C'mon man. We have to be thinking long term, if you're not going to compete for a championship anyway, why not go for broke and be as bad as possible.

Why are you guys SO against tanking? :lol I don't think the Lakers will do that on purpose but the way this team is set up, they could be very well be lottery bound.

Gotta face it guys; we're in for a very crappy season coming up :\ happens to every team eventually.

No, it shouldn't be an option. Would you tell your son "hey son, you have no ******g chance in winning this year, so you might as well play like sh*t but pretend to play good, take this *ss whoopin and get it over with"?

WE HAVE NO CHANCE THIS YEAR ANYWAYS DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You have to max out the assets you do have, we DO have a 2014 first round pick, it's better to be a top 3-5 pick, then a 14-17. Do you comprehend that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom