[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because people are spoiled and can't take having a few bad seasons, like we're no different than any other NBA team.

I'm on a crappy computer so I don't want to go through and quote the responses to my last reply, but...

tay, I'm not sure I see Melo deferring to Kobe. In my mind, I would like to believe he would HAVE to, but more of me thinks he would have the attitude "He was then, and the Lakers know that; I was brought in to be the 'now', so... gimme the rock."

CP, the way you worded that is exactly the only way I would think it successful: "2 other big guns, that would assist him in his efforts". Assist. As long as there was a facilitator... or a really good passer... it would work. Say we picked up a great scorer that was... enh... in the quarterbacking department, but we picked up a great  passing big (Love, Scola, etc). I'd love it. Or we had a great back-to-the-basket big that played a traditional style and couldn't really pass, but we also picked up a PG who didn't really score much but quarterbacked the team phenomenally (Rondo). I'd love it. A nightmare for me would be we had Melo and Kobe along with a coule other superstar pickups... who gave no dambs and had very little ability to create for others, like Joe Johnson and Amare Stoudemire, for example. Then on the flip side, the IDEAL for me if we had Melo and Kobe would be if we landed a big and a guard who were also phenomenal distributors, like Love and Rondo... but that fantasy just gave us a starting 5 of Rondo, Kobe, Melo, Love, and Pau, and I'm trying to be, you know, somewhat realistic.
laugh.gif

SenorRoboto, you brought up a great point by bringing up Olympic Melo. I still watch my recordings of both 12 and 08, and Melo was... Jesus H. Christ he was good. But again, I think that was in large part because Paul and Kidd played the quarterback role so effectively that Melo was put in great positions to make the right decisions for both himsellf and others. With the Nuggets, he never really had a 'slice the defense up and make great basketball decisions' point guard; Chauncey kind of was, but not on CP3's/prime Kidd's level, and Iverson in Denver was definitely not a 'QB PG', in any sense of the word. With the Knicks, again, there has never been a traditional 'get everyone involved' PG, nor has there been a big w/ an ability to space the floor like Duncan and the Gasols and Scola and Love can. Amare disrupts spacing more than anything.

Last edited:
Gonna miss Ron.

We might have got the back end of his career, but what a perfect contrast to Dwight. Ron came to Kobe and said he wanted to be a Laker and would help them get a ring. He waited a year and then he came to the Lakers. That game winner against Phoenix & the 3 in Game 7 against Boston...man. Always sad when a real Laker champion goes. Someone who really played a defined role in one of our runs and we can genuinely say "couldn't have won it without you" to.

Hands down the greatest interviewer ever to be a Laker :rollin. His Game 7 shot & his Game 7 postgame press conference both hold epic places in my heart :lol

To the man that actually changed his name to Metta World Peace :hat

essentials problem , much like a lot of people on this forum(finally famous) is he voices his

opinion as a insider/front office member ...while he makes sense and generally

has a point it's usually a hard stance or a definitive yes/no simply because it

doesnt make sense to the team..alot of his opinions are "we arent looking to......"

when infact neither he or any of us know what this team is gonna do ...word to who

we hired as a coach

I'm Essential "Dwight staying" confident on this.

Jump off a bridge...

"Lets sign Marcin Gortat and Jason Smith"

Paint your face clown

I understand like you REALLY live this internet GM life but...

I mean... it's true.

Truth hurts.

....and if Kobe leaves, which he's not, I will be BEYOND stunned.

I may throw out a crazy trade out of my ***, but I wasn't left waiting at the alter.

Gortat and Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hill and Kelly and that bum nugget Sacre

Last edited:
I'm on a crappy computer so I don't want to go through and quote the responses to my last reply, but...

tay, I'm not sure I see Melo deferring to Kobe. In my mind, I would like to believe he would HAVE to, but more of me thinks he would have the attitude "He was then, and the Lakers know that; I was brought in to be the 'now', so... gimme the rock."
We'll we would never know until it happens, but I don't see Melo as being that type of a guy. I've never known Melo to have an ego like that

If Melo comes here his FGA's better be close to his assist.

:lol

8o 8o 8o 8o 8o 8o

those of us criticizing Kobe's shooting and perma-labeling him a chucker are cut from the same cloth. It is engrained into our minds that your FGA and your assists should always be fairly close to each other. No, it's absolutely not an old school thing, because this is still taught in basketball worlds today, at all levels.

You can't win long term without starting pitching.

Need a solid middle linebacker to be elite.

Assists and shot attempts need to be fairly close to each other.

melo coming here is a joke , as is kevin love....please leave those

two names out of this thread and let those two  light it up for

some horrible team....
laugh.gif

nash+kevin love + kobe+ melo=worse defensive team ever ......ever

Last edited:

laugh.gif
You guys take this so out of context every time.

It's not about the two stats being CLOSE; it's about the two stats NOT being WAY far away from each other. Someone had 31 FGAs and 3 assists? I guarantee we lost that game, or won by < 5. "Oh, maybe that's what we needed for that game." No. The game was close because someone was blackhole-ing the ball and no one else... other NBA players, mind you... no one else was allowed to get a rhythm over their misses. Someone who is normally considered a chucker averages like 18 FGA and 11 dimes for a few weeks? Guarantee that was a fun few weeks.

Not coincidentally, we had the 3rd best record after the All Star break. For those who have a memory that stretches back all the way to a few months ago, right after the All Star Break is when we saw this Mamba Johnson fella.

3rd best record in the league. Same old, depleted roster full of injured has-beens, but... 3rd best record in the league after the All Stars. "Oh, it's because the system Mike ran was" bllah, blah, blah.
laugh.gif
"Oh, it's because they ignored Mike, and just did their own thing." Riiiiiiiight, that's what it was.
laugh.gif
"Oh, it's because the roster finally came together the way we hoped it would in November." Aaaaah, pure coincidence that the roster maximized it's potential at the same time we see this facilitating scorer in Kobe? I'll take that beach front home in Arizona now, please. Thanks. *thumbs up and a wink*

The point is not that FGAs stay RIGHT THERE with assists. The point is that they maintain a level of closeness better than 31 & 3 (for example).

I understand like you REALLY live this internet GM life but...

I mean... it's true.

Truth hurts.

....and if Kobe leaves, which he's not, I will be BEYOND stunned.

I may throw out a crazy trade out of my ***, but I wasn't left waiting at the alter.

Gortat and Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hill and Kelly and that bum nugget Sacre

You trying to throw a shot at me out of the blue because I called you foolish for wanting to use cap space on Marcin Gortat and Jason Smith...

Tell me when Hakim Warrick, and Xavier Henry are Free Agents.. Maybe we can offer them a quarter of our cap space instead.

Last edited:
Essential, read what you wrote bro, you called me "foolish" and then I fired a shot back.

People talking about bringing Bynum, Sasha, Devean, Ariza, DJ back you wanna jump on me about those 2 guys that can actually run up and down the court??.... and you wanted to give Dwight, 2 yrs past his prime, 120 mil?? Nah...

:rollin :rollin

I get it, the wound is too fresh, my fault.

I genuinely like reading what you write on here, I don't agree with some of it, but i read every post.

If you don't like what I write...

Click my name: Click Block Member.

Simple.

I would like to hear your plan, an actual plan to get a ring by 2016.

I'll be waiting.

Last edited:
im kind of curious who is going to play SF now, we were already lacking in that position.... will be interesting soon

laugh.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

those of us criticizing Kobe's shooting and perma-labeling him a chucker are cut from the same cloth. It is engrained into our minds that your FGA and your assists should always be fairly close to each other. No, it's absolutely not an old school thing, because this is still taught in basketball worlds today, at all levels.

You can't win long term without starting pitching.

Need a solid middle linebacker to be elite.

Assists and shot attempts need to be fairly close to each other.
Whatever.

TMac. Iverson. Vince. Kobe. Melo. Wade.

These dudes chuck their ways out of leading their teams to championships. Kobe has been surrounded w/ other teammates and coaches these other dudes never had, so he has kissed that trophy, multiple times. Wade? Had Shaq and the refs in 06, and now Bron.

Rest of 'em? Wondering how heavy the trophy is, and will continue wondering, as will anyone else coming through like Keyshaun Johnson ("Just Give Me The Damn Ball")

Laugh on, though. Until there is a chucker who is the clear cut leader of a championship squad, I'm right.

"I mean, were it not for a Tim Thomas 3, Kobe would have..." blah, blah, blah. And Lebron has 6 imaginary rings. Bottom line: it didn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom