[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Season will have low expectations.

Going to be an enjoyable season to watch, no drama. They'll have a group of guys that wants be in the Purple and Gold playing.

Can't wait.

Last edited:
this team running without a small forward i guess. kobe and meeks bout to fill the small forward postion

Im fine with farmar. .at least hes younger and quicker than the steves. He can dribble drive also...kinda has a sessions like game.

Season will have low expectations.

Going to be an enjoyable season to watch, no drama. They'll have a group of guys that wants be in the Purple and Gold playing.

Can't wait.
This is why I can't wait to watch this season.

If they sign LO & Sasha next...
its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

Last edited:
Interesting note on Twitter. With this new harsher repeater tax, we need to spend 2 years under tax to then get 3 seasons over tax with less harsh penalty.

So, in theory. Play this year, barely over tax. 20+ mil.

Next year, FULL cap space. Buy Bron, or Melo, whoever. Get draft picks, Kobe/Pau, but stay UNDER tax.
Then following year, add next piece(s) but stay UNDER tax. We now OUT of repeater tax penalty.

So following THREE years with much more talent on roster, we can be tax penalty payers but at the lesser rates. 1.25 for every dollar rather than 2.00 for every dollar. (Example, not actual figures).

That is a sign. Spend 2 years building roster after this one and then spend like the Nets are to make runs at it in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. (Goal being still be just under cap in 16, but with much better roster by then)

Bron,Melo,Kobe,Gasol, AND Nash?

Pipedream. But i love that thought.

Who takes the last shot?

It's only a thought, but I'm sure the Lakers will fire D'Antoni after this season. Regardless how this group does. Y'alls know who will be back to help entice free agents.

Last edited:
I think with Farmar coming back the Lakers will use the amnesty clause on Steve Blake instead of Metta World Peace.

Dunno if it was mentioned in the last couple pages, but as far as LO's decline I remember reading that he was already in a bad place that offseason before he got traded. If you'll recall, he was in NY for his cousins funeral and while there his driver struck a kid and he ended up dying. Apparently all of that was very hard for him to handle and he was coping with drugs.

I think it might have even been on here somebody said Lamar's assistant (can't remember the guys name, but it's the one that gets him the candy :lol:) had been buying oxy off of one of his friends heavily and that LO was pretty bad off at the time. So yea, I doubt he would have resembled himself that year even if he'd stayed a Laker.

Yea, that was me who said that. He was smoking oxy's, that's also why he gained so much weight once he got clean. His boy Jamie was getting it from one of my boys around the way. Since then I believe Lamar dropped Jamie. Word is that Jamie is in very bad shape and upgraded to H.

Getting back on track, it would be nice to see a reunion of Lamar, Jordan, and Sasha for the min. Nostalgia at an all time high.

Last edited:
Nash/farmar
Kobe/blake
Meeks
Hill/R.Kelly
Pau/Kaman/Sacre

3 open Roster spots right?

Some one correct me of I'm wrong please.

Steve Blake can kick rocks... Farmer and Morris can bring some quickness to the backcourt.

Sasha and Meeks are the same players so I can't see them bringing Sasha back.

PG
Nash/Farmar/Morris
SG
Meeks/Morris

They probably gonna let Nash and Farm work the P&R & P&P w/ Pau and then Kaman off of the bench. Also let Pau and Kaman get some touches on the block to draw the defense into doubles to free up the weak side so the SG def gonna have to be able to spread the floor and knock down shots. They might pass on a volume scorer/instant offense guy like Nick Young or Monta.

They'll probably keep Ron for two reasons one being wing defense since w/o Kobe the backcourt is going to super small. Morris and Ron will probably see alot of playing time together for defensive duties. The other reason will probably be to use Ron as a scoring option at the 4.

We need another guy or two for both the 4 and the 3. A slasher and another hacker for when Ron is in foul trouble :lol:

Last edited:
Man, we're getting hyped about bringing back guys that haven't been relevant since they left the team :smh: :lol:

If Nick Young is a minimum... Despite my disdain for him... It's a worthy idea.

Still want Shannon, and LO back...

Blake don't need to be here anymore.

If we're that worried about Kobe missing a month, and considering playing Blake at the 2.. Trade him for a guy who has been in LA and plays the 2.

Nash / Farmar / Morris
Kobe / Brown / Meeks
MWP / Kobe /
LO / Hill / Kelly
Pau / Kaman

One of 6 teams to compete for one of the final 3 playoff spots.. Make it AWESOME. Miss? It was at least fun.

Last edited:
I swear ya'll change lanes fast. Not too long ago, people were all on Blake's d*ck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom