[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
havent had a chance to chimmy in but yall crazy if you think kobe taking anyhing less than 10 million for 2-3 years

...even that would a discount for him.....

if i was the the gm i would amnesty him on espn live cus im not paying anybody 30 million at that

age with that injury

but this is the same team giving a 40 year 9.1 million a year well into his 400

Nick Young is a solid addition, but I don't trust D'antoni. Now I don't want to sound like I'm glorifying Antwan Jamison, but Jamison gave us some offense whenever he was in, it took D'antoni forever to give him some play

Now that Ron is gone, I hope CDR performs in summer league.

CDR from his blog last summer:
Last summer I woke up stressed out damn near every morning. Some days were better than others, but most were bad. I knew I had the game, but going into the last week before training camp, I was still without a team. Even through all the uncertainty, my faith still outweighed my fear. I continued to release positive energy into the atmosphere….then out of no where, the Lakers called. They wanted me to come in and earn a spot. Once I got that call, it was made up in my mind that I’d be a Laker. I knew I was going to go in there and showcase my talent. Which I did. The very first day I was 1 on 1 partners with Kobe. And we were going at it. **** talking…elbows were thrown. To my surprise, after that first practice Kobe went to media and spoke highly of me. Everyday I played well and practiced well. Kobe continued to mentor me along the way. The Laker fans embraced me. I just knew I was in. Then I got a call from Leon (my agent) saying they were going to let me go. They told me I played great. The numbers on the business side just wouldn’t work. It was one of the worst phone calls I’ve ever gotten, but I was at peace because I knew I played my *** off. I brought it every day. My motto is “control what you can control" and I did that. That didn’t matter though. Once it got released that the Lakers let me go, the people thought it was due to my game. People had jokes. People wrote me off. It was embarrassing. However, I took positives away from my month with the Lakers too. I developed a relationship with Kobe Bryant. He showed me how to be a pro. He showed me real work ethic. Playing against him everyday made me so much of a better player. He understood me. He understood that its a difference in having a bad attitude and being competitive and wanting to win every drill/game. One night after a game and we were in the showers and he told me “you have no other choice. You were put here to be basketball player. You have to fight until you’re one of them boys. You’re too talented. I played behind mfers that I was better than up until my third year but I KNEW I would be who I am today then. I work too hard not to break through." That stuck with me. So I appreciate the opportunity the Lakers gave me. I looked at that month with the Lakers as an internship under Bean. I gained knowledge that I couldn’t have gotten any other way. That’s what I took from that situation. It’s all about how you respond when times are rough.
Kid is 6'7, only 26 years old.

We'd get young, quick, athletic, and he'd fit really nice in Dantoni's system in my opinion. 

Plus Kobe thinks highly of him.

Makes Meeks expendable as well.

Nick Young is a solid addition, but I don't trust D'antoni. Now I don't want to sound like I'm glorifying Antwan Jamison, but Jamison gave us some offense whenever he was in, it took D'antoni forever to give him some play
if u consider bricks as offense

Now that Ron is gone, I hope CDR performs in summer league.

CDR from his blog last summer:
Last summer I woke up stressed out damn near every morning. Some days were better than others, but most were bad. I knew I had the game, but going into the last week before training camp, I was still without a team. Even through all the uncertainty, my faith still outweighed my fear. I continued to release positive energy into the atmosphere….then out of no where, the Lakers called. They wanted me to come in and earn a spot. Once I got that call, it was made up in my mind that I’d be a Laker. I knew I was going to go in there and showcase my talent. Which I did. The very first day I was 1 on 1 partners with Kobe. And we were going at it. **** talking…elbows were thrown. To my surprise, after that first practice Kobe went to media and spoke highly of me. Everyday I played well and practiced well. Kobe continued to mentor me along the way. The Laker fans embraced me. I just knew I was in. Then I got a call from Leon (my agent) saying they were going to let me go. They told me I played great. The numbers on the business side just wouldn’t work. It was one of the worst phone calls I’ve ever gotten, but I was at peace because I knew I played my *** off. I brought it every day. My motto is “control what you can control" and I did that. That didn’t matter though. Once it got released that the Lakers let me go, the people thought it was due to my game. People had jokes. People wrote me off. It was embarrassing. However, I took positives away from my month with the Lakers too. I developed a relationship with Kobe Bryant. He showed me how to be a pro. He showed me real work ethic. Playing against him everyday made me so much of a better player. He understood me. He understood that its a difference in having a bad attitude and being competitive and wanting to win every drill/game. One night after a game and we were in the showers and he told me “you have no other choice. You were put here to be basketball player. You have to fight until you’re one of them boys. You’re too talented. I played behind mfers that I was better than up until my third year but I KNEW I would be who I am today then. I work too hard not to break through." That stuck with me. So I appreciate the opportunity the Lakers gave me. I looked at that month with the Lakers as an internship under Bean. I gained knowledge that I couldn’t have gotten any other way. That’s what I took from that situation. It’s all about how you respond when times are rough.
Kid is 6'7, only 26 years old.

We'd get young, quick, athletic, and he'd fit really nice in Dantoni's system in my opinion. 

Plus Kobe thinks highly of him.

Makes Meeks expendable as well.
damn im def rooting for him now

^^im a fan of the tru warrior also known as the artest formerly and presently known an metta..but around these parts and other lala blogs...they wanted him long gone all season..I appreciate all hes done. The heart..he never took a night off. And while his play (leading breaks/ill advised shots) was maddening..hed do something thatd put a smile on your face..like use that left mitt to strip someone and go coast to coast....had me like..."NOOOO.....Yes!!...wait, NO!! YES!!!!"...

Good luck, RonRon....

Hopefully. ..someone like CDR or wes johnson or ronnie brewer can make us realize that a youthful..slashing..creating small forward is what we needed...

Just wish he woulda stayed to back that player up...

Cdr better make the cut, they kept ebanks for christ sakes. Plus cdr from my city so ill always root for him

CDR over ebanks and morris over glock....biggest FO feau pauxs of 12-13....but.ya know..guuuurenteed contracts.

He'll always be remembered in Lakers history

ron-artest-for-3-game-7-o.gif

I'm totally in this gif. Game 7 was wild.
Man being at that game had emotions going all over the place... pretty sure I blacked out when Ron Ron made that shot.

My dad went to st John's and he'd always cheer for Ron Ron

Last edited:
Hate to see Ron Ron go, he is the type of dude that you want to go to war with. People laugh when he got crossed over right after the knee surgery, but my thing is how many guys would have been out there so quickly? Most dudes would have just hung it up for the season...Outside of D. Fish, he is the only person who I thought was going to war with Kobe every night - post 2009 season....

I'm always going to appreciate Ron no matter where he's playing.

He'll always be that dude, for 2 main reasons.

1. The game-7 3 pointer.
2. The elbow that crushed Harden's head.

Ron will always be that dude :hat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom