[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It only saves the luxury tax. The Lakers still have to pay MWP's full salary for the season because he was't picked up on waivers.

Edit:

I stand corrected.

@darrenrovell Knicks signing Metta World Peace will save the Lakers about $400K based on CBA formula, even though he cleared waivers

Either way, even if it was luxury tax cash, fine by me. Whatever keeps the ownership folks happy saving pennies while we wait for a big spending spree. :lol:

how long til knicks fans get pissed at artest for drbbling too much lol

Probably the second quarter of the first game. Its all good tho, we need the toughness, heart, and some defense against the Bulls and Pacers. Plus Ron will be guarding Paul Pierce when BK and NY okay each other - gotta love that :smokin

Metta is such a cool dude. :lol:

Really happy for him.
I would of hated seeing him as a Clipper.

Feels good to see him in another major market but one very far away from us. :smokin

Well the second year is a player option...
nerd.gif
nice.

he was sent there to persuade Melo to come to LA in 2014.

Metta is such a cool dude. :lol:

Really happy for him.
I would of hated seeing him as a Clipper.

Feels good to see him in another major market but one very far away from us. :smokin

andddd correct me if I'm wrong, the Lakers are still paying him his 7~ mill and the Knicks salary??

Cake up Ron :pimp: :lol:

Wes Johnson huh? 

The only thing I hate about these signings are that we probably won't get them to stay. I'd love for Nick Young, Wes Johnson, Jordan Farmar, and and even Kaman to stay for awhile, but I don't think its gonna end up like that.

And I read that D'Antoni didn't want to let Metta go, and that it was managements decision. Jim needs to bounce already. 

Last edited:
Wes Johnson huh? 

The only thing I hate about these signings are that we probably won't get them to stay. I'd love for Nick Young, Wes Johnson, Jordan Farmar, and and even Kaman to stay for awhile, but I don't think its gonna end up like that.

And I read that D'Antoni didn't want to let Metta go, and that it was managements decision. Jim needs to bounce already. 
Wesley Johnson is reallllllly bad.  You don't want him to stay.

Just rereading that- sarcasm?  That's 4 players no one would want to stick around for a while.

Wes Johnson is young and athletic, but people are way too hyped about him as a "great signing."

There's a reason why he couldnt find a landing spot and we got him for the minimum.
But CP is acting like praise is warranted for his signing :lol: :smh:

Regardless, like P said... Subtraction by Addition.

Tank in full effect. :tongue:

Wesley Johnson is reallllllly bad.  You don't want him to stay.

Just rereading that- sarcasm?  That's 4 players no one would want to stick around for a while.
Kaman, Young and Farmar can easily get us 10 each off of the bench. With the money we have at the moment, I don't see why I wouldn't want them to stick around for 3 - 4 years. We have a pretty decent bench with these acquisitions, and we really haven't had that in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom