[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
#8, without question.
I know 24 won 2 chips as option 1 (unquestioned #1)
I know 24 had 4 straight 50+pnt gms.
I know 24 made the scowl what it is.
I know 24 won the only MVP

Fact of the matter. ..#8 was younger...more athletic...and would have compiled better per game numbers if not for the presense of someone.
You say refinement...he was refined by 02-03. Thr 8 straight 40 pnt gms say so. 05-06?? #8.

24 1 (a)
8 1 (b)

I hate talks like that :lol:
It's still the same guy acting like once he went from 8 to 24 he was different. Just wish he stuck with 8 his whole career.

career wise i would say 24 easy but for some reason 8 on a lakers jersey is just too perfect of a look

Without the number 8, there would be no 24.

The flare, the i don't give a &$!? attitude, the demeanor to prove a point, the Afro, the animal before it became a Beast....number 8.

Last edited:
Simply put

Mamba #8 Jersey career defining moment:

Mamba Jersey #24 career defining moment:

Dude owns the records in 2 of the most famous NBA arenas :pimp:

Last edited:
DMoe should've kept it G and rocked number 8 this season
smokin.gif
he wore # 8 cause when his pops played overseas, MIKE D'ANTONI was his favorite player to watch play. 

Kind of ironic that he now plays for him and might be the person holding back his ring count.

#8 just because he was in his prime. if only they had surrounded him with a lot more talent :smh:

years wasted imo

i tied it wooo :pimp:

Last edited:
#8 just because he was in his prime. if only they had surrounded him with a lot more talent :smh:

years wasted imo

True but we could say the same for many super stars like LeBron in his Cleveland days. Other older legends like Barkley, Ewing, Reggie Miller had many "wasted years"... As much as people expect the Kobe's and LeBron's of the world to win 8 or 9 rings, it's just not possible. It's harder to win a ring than most people think.

Not only do you have to perform, but you need all the right pieces to perform when it matters as well. A lot of skill with a little luck and good timing.

People will always discredit Kobe and say his first 3 don't count, and that he only won 2 on his own... But every ring takes a lot of hard work that some people fail to acknowledge. Of course he had help, so did Jordan, so does LeBron, so did Dirk.

You can't win these things on your own as much as some people want to expect you to do. They're all impressive in my eyes, even the Pistons championship was impressive. A full team effort with no super star takes a lot of work and sacrifice.

Every ring is special and earned.

Last edited:
agreed but those years were hard to watch as hell. i mean we were one rebound away to advance to the second round back in 05-06 where we could have faced the clips

Last edited:
Giving Kobe a double jersey retirement night, or two jersey retirement nights, would be a great way to honor him when he hangs em up. I'm sure they're gonna wanna honor him in a big way so it's plausible.

Last edited:
god this series was so damn exciting and dissapointing

i still get chills when he makes that last shott

bynum looked so happy :lol:

Last edited:
I really really hate the idea of trading Hill.

agreed but those years were hard to watch as hell. i mean we were one rebound away to advance to the second round back in 05-06 where we could have faced the clips

i was convinced we were headed to the finals that year after going up 3-1. i don't think i've ever been as upset after a playoff loss (non-finals) as that series. :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom