[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Selby needs a invite... He's better than DMoe AND Blake.

He scored more last yr but he's running the offense pretty well right now

Hope you guys are having a nice weekend. I saw an earlier post of my collection and I took some more pictures and video of my PE/Game Worn/Pack Kobe collection.

Let me know what you think.

yo, true story, I'd much rather have dinner with kobe than play him 1 on 1 lol. like, he'd beat the snot out of you on the court, but off it he seems like a cool guy. Plus I'd wanna know if he's competitive everywhere in life.."I bet you I can eat faster than you sucka..boom, already done. Black mamba out"

Nick Young's contract has a player option for next year at 1.2 mil? Huh?

That would put us a little over 11 mil for next year already, kinda makes me think it's a sure thing we stretch Nash out and reduce that back down to 5ish mil total for Nash, Sacre, and possibly Young now.

I hadn't read that Young got a player option, anyone else read that?

Sounds like it fits perfectly into Jim Buss' "plan" for 2014. :rolleyes

Nah, but all sarcasm aside...not a big deal. :lol: We need cheap pieces who can score off the bench no matter what type of team we try to build next off-season so having Nick back at 1.2 mill again won't be a bad thing...

Unless him and Kobe get into a fist fight someway along this season over 4th quarter shot attempts and Kobe the GM wants him gone... :lol:

Nick Young's contract has a player option for next year at 1.2 mil? Huh?

That would put us a little over 11 mil for next year already, kinda makes me think it's a sure thing we stretch Nash out and reduce that back down to 5ish mil total for Nash, Sacre, and possibly Young now.

I hadn't read that Young got a player option, anyone else read that?

It's a 2nd year player option... Good chance he declines it.. The market for him this year was around $3mil.. He signed for less with the Lakers where he will have a bigger role (also the sentimental reasons).. He wants to show his value and get himself back up to $5mil a year..

Hard to see him opting in in 2014.. He's too young (no pun) to waste years in his 20s playing for minimum..

Last edited:
Nah. Your truth is not 100% truth.

I can guarantee you that Kobe would not play the pride card or whatever you call it if he get a guy like Lebron or Melo on his team. Why? Because he never got the luxury of having another elite perimeter player on the team who can create his own shots.

You see Kobe took a lot of shots this past season because nobody on the Lakers team can create their own shots at all. If he get a guy like Melo or Lebron he would change his game to benefit the team. He will be the finisher or the post up player. He is not going to be camping out on the lane like Ray Allen. Either Melo post up and Kobe play as the finisher or Kobe post up and let Melo shoot 3 from the corner. Both guys are versatile with their offense capabilities.

Melo can also be the stretch 4 power forward that Mike Dantoni is seeking. Melo loves shooting 3 too so i don't see why it won't work. Can you imagine how Melo will beast if he was playing a stretch 4 position? I remember him playing stretch 4 in the olympic when Kobe and Lebron was playing the 2 and 3. Dude was getting buckets left and right. He didn't need the ball then neither. Just catch and shoot.

Kobe the 2 guard finisher or post up 2. Melo the post up 3 forward or stretch 4. Gasol the center. That's a pretty deadly offensive combo right there.

And as far as Lebron + Kobe. SMh i don't even need to start. Might as well cancel the playoff and give them the ticket to the Finals. Kobe at 36 is still way better than that sucker Wade.

Did you forget that Melo and MDA didn't get along in NY? Melo HATES MDA. Infact, MDA left because he asked to trade Melo and Dolan sad no and made MDA kick rocks.

MDA made Melo a point-forward for God's sakes, which is why Melo had the worst statistical season of his career playing for MDA. MDA doesn't like Melo and Melo doesn't like MDA. Very well know around the league.

As long as MDA is coach, Melo ain't going to the Lakers. He'll go to the Clippers before he plays for the Lakers.

Last edited:
^D'Antoni will be gone before the 2014 season starts

edit: However, I'm not necessarily sold on Melo being "the guy"

Last edited:
It's a 2nd year player option... Good chance he declines it.. The market for him this year was around $3mil.. He signed for less with the Lakers where he will have a bigger role (also the sentimental reasons).. He wants to show his value and get himself back up to $5mil a year..

Hard to see him opting in in 2014.. He's too young (no pun) to waste years in his 20s playing for minimum..
this.

plus if he opts in, if gives the lakers certain rights and allows us to go over the cap to retain him. same way we extended jordan hill.

i think im somewhat accurate on that. fellas?

this.
plus if he opts in, if gives the lakers certain rights and allows us to go over the cap to retain him. same way we extended jordan hill.
i think im somewhat accurate on that. fellas?

We retained Hill through Bird Rights, so in that sense it is similar..

But Bird Rights has to be 3 years on the same team, or they were traded during a 3 year stint without clearing wavers or changing teams as a Free Agent.. We only were allowed Bird Rights for Hill because he hadn't been placed waivers or changed teams as a free agent.

But if Young opts in to $1.2 we'd only have Early Bird rights which would only allow us to sign him at 175% of his contract $2.1mil. Young would have to opt in.. We wouldn't have full bird rights (which would allow us to resign for anything up to a max) until 2016 offseason

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom