[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol..nobody is above suspicion. From david eckstein to albert pujols. But I always say innocent until proven guilty. Like your name being on a pickup log for biogenesis products. Like, your actual initials or something.

via ESPN insider:

D'Antoni tunes out critics
August, 19, 2013
By Nick Borges | ESPN.com

Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike D'Antoni has a lot of critics, however he doesn't know where it's coming from because he stays away from talk radio. Also he doesn't mind that people want Phil Jackson to be the head coach.

"I think anybody that comes in here the next 10, 15 years, it's going to be that way," D'Antoni tells the Los Angeles Times. "I don't think there is any doubt that he was so good and so large and he's still sitting out there. Had that bothered me, I shouldn't have taken the job because you know it's going to be there. I wasn't stupid enough to think that, 'Oh, they won't remember him.' Sure they will. It doesn't really affect what we do day-to-day and how we approach the game."

D'Antoni is also confident he'll keep his job, despite fans wanting him to be replaced, due to the support of the front office.

"... because [GM] Mitch [Kupchak] and Jim Buss were really supportive and great," he said. "I couldn't ask for anything better from the staff and franchise. I don't want to be flippant, but you also have to have an attitude of, 'To hell with everything. Concentrate. Go forward.' You can't get distracted by the noise."

D'Antoni has two more guaranteed years on his contract and at this time it looks like he will be the head coach through at least 2014-15.

Minutes restrictions for Gasol, Nash?
August, 18, 2013
By Tom Carpenter | ESPN.com

To say the Los Angeles Lakers have age and injury concerns would be quite the understatement. Kobe Bryant is recovering from a torn Achilles, Pau Gasol is recovering from a knee procedure and Steve Nash is still trying to shake off last year's leg injury. It remains unclear whether Bryant will be ready when the regular season tips off. Gasol and Nash should be, but it sounds like coach Mike D'Antoni will be cautious with their usage.

"I think Pau and Nash will be 100 % before the season starts," D'Antoni said, per Mike Bresnahan of the LA Times. "We'll try to go slow with them during preseason and make sure they're OK. We'll see how the season goes but maybe work with them to keep their minutes down to where it's manageable and keep them OK."

Nash is pretty well washed up as a statistical contributor, but Gasol figures to be an intriguing option for fantasy teams now that Dwight Howard is out of he picture. Gasol posted career-worst numbers in several categories last year, but the Lakers will need to lean on him as much as possible until (unless?) Kobe is able to get back to full speed, so D'Antoni's plans to limit Gasol's minutes may not be realistic. Look for a rebound year from the veteran big man.

Amundson on Clippers, Lakers radar
August, 17, 2013
By Nick Borges | ESPN.com

The Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers need depth in the frontcourt and each team is considering several options. One in fact is Lou Amundson, according to agent Mark Bartelstein.

“They were good meetings,” Bartelstein told RealGM.com on Friday. “I wouldn’t quite use the word frontrunner right now, but there’s interest, and hopefully we can get something done soon.”

Amundson has also met other clubs over the last 7--10 days and Bartelstein may set up a few more trips.

The Clippers reportedly are leaning towards re-signing Lamar Odom, which likely means Amundson won't end up on their roster.

Gasol 31 minutes
Kobe 34 minutes
Nash 27 minutes

That's what I'd do.

A minutes cap may be better for our record in the season.

Last edited:
Timeout Timeout

So if i think Kobe is clean then i probly think Mcgwire is clean too ? :smh::rolleyes :lol:

Im positive theres a better comparison in one of those boxes of files where you get your info, dig a bit deeper next time....u rushed that one.

No, I was stating that as a fact.

Homie been on PED's a good minute. My personal belief, some may disagree with me.

They probably feel McGwire is clean too tho. So....

Why do you insist on saying dumb **** like this?

Because everything he believes is a fact.
At least in his mind. :lol:

I can't even imagine the arguments he has with his wife.
Theres no way CP lets his wife even get 3 words in. :lol:

CP: "You're wrong. I'm right. I don't care if you have facts, if you actually believe you're right then you must believe Barry Bonds was never on roids too huh? Stupid just like the rest of your family. :lol: "
Wife: >:

Last edited:
unless CP is writing an essay with the use of caps here and there to change the tone of his voice of words, i usually find sarcasm in all his posts

pls confirm cp
cp pls

Last edited:
I'm dead serious.

McGwire, Bonds, Lance, Sprinters, NFL, PED's are EVERY. WHERE.

But this specimen, 17 years in his career, more mileage than all but a dozen or so players, still All NBA, with ankle stuff, knee, shoulders, wrist, fingers, etc. Still goin......

In a league that doesn't drug test worth a ****.

Yes, that player must be clean. :lol:

Nevermind coming back within 6 months with a torn achilles, at 35, 50,000 plus NBA minutes logged. Clean.

Sure. :lol:

Yes guys, every other sport is filled with folks trying to get an edge, but the NBA, that sport is clean.

Yeaaaah, Major League Baseball was clean too, aging players putting up crazy numbers, but this isn't comparable.

And German platelet knee stimulation isn't blood doping either.

Yup, I'm an idiot for this one. :lol:

No, I was stating that as a fact.

Homie been on PED's a good minute. My personal belief, some may disagree with me.

They probably feel McGwire is clean too tho. So....

Why do you insist on saying dumb **** like this?

Because everything he believes is a fact.
At least in his mind. :lol:

I can't even imagine the arguments he has with his wife.
Theres no way CP lets his wife even get 3 words in. :lol:

CP: "You're wrong. I'm right. I don't care if you have facts, if you actually believe you're right then you must believe Barry Bonds was never on roids too huh? Stupid just like the rest of your family. :lol: "
Wife: >:

I've never won an argument with my wife, ever.

Ever.

Any of you that are married know this to be true. Nobody wins an argument with the wife.

Truest thing in life.

:lol: why you gotta run to the other extreme with it nobody said youre an idiot, but like ive said earlier in the thread its the smell of certainty in your posts that stands out sometime.

Of course its easily possible or even feasible but you make it sound like theyve got Arod type evidence or somebody doing a Canseco on the league.

Do you have anything at all to back those claims up besides supreme confidence in what you believe or should we just roll with it because you say so ?

I don't need a single one of you to believe what I do. By all means, deny it all you want.

I lived thru all these "exposed" athletes, read the signs, witnessed the unmatched statistical anamolies, so I'm sorry I don't buy one of the fiercest competitors in sports history who already admitted to German engineering is clean in a sport that doesn't test for anything yet.

Don't mean any of you have to follow suit. Believe what ya'll wish.

I don't need a single one of you to believe what I do. By all means, deny it all you want.

I lived thru all these "exposed" athletes, read the signs, witnessed the unmatched statistical anamolies, so I'm sorry I don't buy one of the fiercest competitors in sports history who already admitted to German engineering is clean in a sport that doesn't test for anything yet.

Don't mean any of you have to follow suit. Believe what ya'll wish.

Wicked sidestep bro i bet you got a mean two step :lol:

FTR im older than 90% of NT so i can relate to the things youve mentioned and i even admitted its possible and feasible for Kobe to be juicing so theres no denial on my part.

I just asked if you could provide some substance to go along with a bold theory you try and pass off a fact...thats not an unreasonable request is it ?

2011 he couldn't jump, at all.

2 years later he's dunking on Chris Paul, Josh Smith, the entire Nets franchise, etc.
He plays damn near 40+ minutes a night at 35, including back to backs with no drop off.
1,400+ games, 50,000+ minutes and he's doin that kinda **** in his 17th season.

Barry Bonds never failed a test, and neither has Kobe. :pimp:

(I can't dance, I'm white. Don't even know what a two step is)

Or why #Sarcasm keeps getting posted after my posts.

That dunk on emeka in the playoffs was in 2011....the lift then seemed about the same as last yr...im not saying anything to dispute or dimmiss any claims...just recalling that moment....

im not gonna say hes indisputably on or not on anything to recover quicker/delay a massive decline. I do, however firmly believe hes a different animal.

2011 he couldn't jump, at all.

2 years later he's dunking on Chris Paul, Josh Smith, the entire Nets franchise, etc.
He plays damn near 40+ minutes a night at 35, including back to backs with no drop off.
1,400+ games, 50,000+ minutes and he's doin that kinda **** in his 17th season.

Barry Bonds never failed a test, and neither has Kobe. :pimp:

(I can't dance, I'm white. Don't even know what a two step is)

Or why #Sarcasm keeps getting posted after my posts.

Thats lightweight bro you bringing up dunks and barry bonds :smh: you sound like the dudes who talk about Bron and Wades jawline, i think youre going thru Championship withdrawal because you been super cranky lately.

I can tell youre going after Kobe this season its been 1 negative thing after another, and planting the seeds for the Kobe is overpaid narrative as well :smh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom