[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: @ a Derek Fisher crossover

Not a nasty Chris Paul or Kyrie Irving crossover.

A DFish crossover. :lol: Like, the slowest crossover ever, and BAM, Pierce is out with another ouchie.

That picture makes me think of Chick Hearn. When he left, Kobe was still young, Shaq was the best center in the league. The Lakers had just developed another dynasty. He left the world with the Lakers at the summit and on the way to eclipsing the Celtics in titles.

He deserved to see more, but I'm glad what he took with him were moments of greatness.

Last edited:
Francisco Garcias' team option won't be picked up. I saw mention of him somewhere in this thread...You guys think he'll be a good look for us? :nerd:

Francisco Garcias' team option won't be picked up. I saw mention of him somewhere in this thread...You guys think he'll be a good look for us? :nerd:

The guy can shoot occasionally but he's not the scorer this team needs. He's aged, he is past his prime, his best years were in Sacramento.

So question is, if the Lakers are unwilling to part with Pau at this time, how can they pickup a longshot in Luol Deng with 1 year left in his deal?

If they put a lot of stock into Butler like they should do, I don't think it'd be too hard to get Deng

I wouldn't take to much stock in us unwilling to trade Pau.

Pau for Deng and Hamilton means we can amnesty MWP as well. We keep Pau, we have to keep MWP

Last edited:
It was Mother’s Day yesterday in the United States, but it’s unlikely that Kobe Bryant had any civil contact with his mother, Pamela – that’s if he had any at all.

The pair are currently tangled in a bitter legal dispute over the ownership of Kobe’s old basketball memorabilia that his mother put up for auction: Pamela says it’s hers, while Kobe says it’s his. Yes, it’s complicated.

Last week, Kobe won a court order to block the sale of the memorabilia, albeit only temporarily. Today, Pamela and Kobe’s father, Joe, filed statements to a New Jersey court, claiming Kobe is lying about the ownership of the gear, per Mark Medina:

Bryant’s mother, Pamela, and father, Joe, filed statements in federal court in Camden, NJ. on Monday suggesting the Lakers’ star has lied during his recent efforts to Pamela’s hope to give a New Jersey-based auction house more than 100 of his basketball memorabilia from both his high school and early portion of his Lakers career.
In a declaration filed in federal court in Camden Monday, Pamela insisted sworn statements from Kobe and his wife, Vanessa, “contained many false statements.” That included Kobe’s account of a May 2 phone conversation, in which she allegedly agreed he had never told her she could have his belongings.

Pamela apparently asked for money from Kobe to buy an additional home in Nevada. Bryant is said to have offered his mother $200,000, but Pamela wanted $450,000. After her son refused, Pamela went behind his back and sent Kobe’s memorabilia to auction.

Bryant tweeted shortly after the news of the auction, saying that he was “hurt beyond measure” by the actions of his mother. “When u give Give GIVE and they take Take TAKE at wat point do u draw a line in the sand?” Bryant wrote.

With the two sides seeing this situation so very differently, it doesn’t seem like they’ll be a resolution to matter this anytime soon.

:smh:

Grimey as hell. What in the world are his parents thinking trying to say it's not his? The **** they're trying to sell is priceless memorabilia, stuff that he worked hard to acquire.

Watching that Bulls game makes it painfully obvious how bad the Bulls are on offense.. Rose is great offensively, but he can't take a top 5 worst offense to better than average. When he was MVP they were still middle of the pack.

Basketball gods need the Bulls to amnesty Boozer, Lakers to amnesty MWP. And Deng & Hamilton for Pau to happen.

Last edited:
Watching that Bulls game makes it painfully obvious how bad the Bulls are on offense.. Rose is great offensively, but he can't take a top 5 worst offense to better than average. When he was MVP they were still middle of the pack.

Basketball gods need the Bulls to amnesty Boozer, Lakers to amnesty MWP. And Deng & Hamilton for Pau to happen.
The Bulls were in the top five in Offensive Rating last season.

But of course they've made changes since and could make more this summer.

The Bulls were in the top five in Offensive Rating last season.

But of course they've made changes since and could make more this summer.

I don't take much stock in team ratings like I do in individual ratings...

Their defense helped them offensively, to wear down teams.. But when you run into the Heat who will score on you even with good defense, if you can't match them offensively, you will lose. And this is where they will always get exposed as an average offensive team at best.

Last edited:
Eddie Jordan:
“When I was hired there, there was no Dwight Howard and there was no Steve Nash and Mike Brown said, ‘I want you to help me with the offense,’ ” Jordan said. “We went through the preseason running principles of the Princeton offense that Kobe had asked about and that Mike Brown presented to Kobe and they agreed it was good for the Lakers. We lost eight games, but Mike Brown wasn’t concerned about winning. He was like, we have an older team. Kobe has nagging injuries and we didn’t want to wear our starters out. But our starters were very efficient and our bench was very short, so you saw that throughout the whole season. The 0-8 preseason, we weren’t concerned about winning, we wanted to get guys in tune. Then Nash got hurt, then Dwight got hurt, Mike Brown got fired and it was an outcry and frankly — I think a lot of people in basketball would know — Mike Brown and his personality and his style, is great for solid NBA teams, but the Lakers are different. The Lakers are different. It was even hard for Mike D’Antoni to get it going.”

The Lakers grossly underachieved despite assembling a star-studded roster with Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash and Dwight Howard. Jordan accepted the job with Rutgers before the Lakers were swept by the San Antonio Spurs in the first round.

“Mike Brown hired me. He was awesome. He allowed me to do a lot in a large role and when he was gone, Mike D’Antoni was gracious enough to keep me there and I really appreciate both those guys hiring me and retaining me. [Former Bullets/Wizards coach] Bernie Bickerstaff and I were reassigned to the back of the bench and we were okay. We were happy to be a part of it,” Jordan said. “It was a season of injuries, non-chemistry, getting to know each other as the season went along. Clashes of personalities and approaches and then it was more injuries. The injury factor and chemistry kept it dysfunctional to where you couldn’t have great success.”
Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom