OG JORDAN 13 BLACK/TRUE RED 2017 *RETURN OF THE 3M*

Just goes to show you that all these lame new age sneakerheads aren't even real sneaker collectors. Shoes that flew off the shelves in the 2000s and a couple years ago, are now on a full size run on most footsites. Shocking, but i can't say I'm not surprised.

I went to my first and last SneakerCon this year and i couldn't believe how young all the kids there were. Im talking 8-13 years old. All of them had on NMDs or Yeezys! I took my brother who is 34 (I'm 32 now. I was 31 during the SneakerCon) and me and him spent like 45 minutes there and dipped! I felt completely out of place! The hype at the convention was on another level! I truly believe sneaker collabs is ruining the sneaker industry. If its not a LV x Yeezy x Supreme x Nike x KITH x Bape x Barack Obama then other normal shoes would probably sit. Right?

While these OG Blk/Red 13s sit (i got my pair on SNKRS today) other releases like the Air Max 1 OG Reds and OG Blues sold out in seconds and are being resold for $400+ LOL! The same shoes that were heavily discounted back in 2005 for around $40 are now being sold for $400 resale?!?! FOH!! Lets not forget the Gold and Silver 97s that sold out and was treated like the Concord 11 release back in 2011. Think about that...? The market is completely unpredictable.

Sneaker culture today is completely out of wack! The young middle school kids and high school kids are controlling the market for sneakers today. They aren't even real knowledgable about the history of sneaker fashion/collecting. If A$AP Rocky, Kanye, or some other feminine new age rapper wears a sneaker on IG, best believe that sneaker would sellout in seconds on release day. That same silly trend is whats happening today. OG collectors can't get a grasp of what they need to prepare for, versus whats probably going to sit.

So yes, its good that a shoe like the OG Blk/Red 13s can sit for awhile before you cop, but will the Blk Cement 3s fly off the shelves, how about the Shadow 1s, what about the Blk/White Nike Flyknit Trainers that come out next week? Three shoes that currently have an insane resale value that will probably lose hype/value come release time.

There's just no real trend anymore in the sneaker collecting world. Everything is based off of fake hype...

Went in Footaction, homie already knew what I was there for, straight to the register to pay, one of the easiest pickups.

Just goes to show you that all these lame new age sneakerheads aren't even real sneaker collectors. Shoes that flew off the shelves in the 2000s and a couple years ago, are now on a full size run on most footsites. Shocking, but i can't say I'm not surprised.

I went to my first and last SneakerCon this year and i couldn't believe how young all the kids there were. Im talking 8-13 years old. All of them had on NMDs or Yeezys! I took my brother who is 34 (I'm 32 now. I was 31 during the SneakerCon) and me and him spent like 45 minutes there and dipped! I felt completely out of place! The hype at the convention was on another level! I truly believe sneaker collabs is ruining the sneaker industry. If its not a LV x Yeezy x Supreme x Nike x KITH x Bape x Barack Obama then other normal shoes would probably sit. Right?

While these OG Blk/Red 13s sit (i got my pair on SNKRS today) other releases like the Air Max 1 OG Reds and OG Blues sold out in seconds and are being resold for $400+ LOL! The same shoes that were heavily discounted back in 2005 for around $40 are now being sold for $400 resale?!?! FOH!! Lets not forget the Gold and Silver 97s that sold out and was treated like the Concord 11 release back in 2011. Think about that...? The market is completely unpredictable.

Sneaker culture today is completely out of wack! The young middle school kids and high school kids are controlling the market for sneakers today. They aren't even real knowledgable about the history of sneaker fashion/collecting. If A$AP Rocky, Kanye, or some other feminine new age rapper wears a sneaker on IG, best believe that sneaker would sellout in seconds on release day. That same silly trend is whats happening today. OG collectors can't get a grasp of what they need to prepare for, versus whats probably going to sit.

So yes, its good that a shoe like the OG Blk/Red 13s can sit for awhile before you cop, but will the Blk Cement 3s fly off the shelves, how about the Shadow 1s, what about the Blk/White Nike Flyknit Trainers that come out next week? Three shoes that currently have an insane resale value that will probably lose hype/value come release time.

There's just no real trend anymore in the sneaker collecting world. Everything is based off of fake hype...
I hate when people talk about sneaker culture. Ain't nothing "culture" about this stuff and if there was, there's nothing like it anymore. All people care about who claim to be "sneakerheads" only care about what's trendy and try to fit in. It's pretty ironic how people who claim to want to be unique are the ones who tend to follow the masses like sheep

Reactions: PJS
Nobody took my 170 bid so I copped off kicksusa, free shipping no tax. HBX would have been the spot, $180 free shipping. I don't mind paying retail for something I want. Grabbing those 8s next week too.

Yeah its cool to see a few of us hold out on these for some type of discount. I'll be checking in on this thread constantly lol

That's just the game now.

I'll wait $125-$150 and I'll cop

Facts I'm not paying 190$ and Nike some bums for not letting you use percent off codes. For their errors in shipping. I feel certain codes should go through like for example Nike has like "we messed up codes" for customers

I feel like NIke/ JB finessed the consumers for so long people are just either tired or over it. For years they altered shoes like the 13's, by painting mid soles, or removing 3M, etc. Now they want to make up for now which results in releasing of the "same" shoes 2-4 years apart in some cases. It's too late for a lot of buyers. I think besides the influence of the celebrities, Adidas is bringing something different regardless if it's ugly or not

I feel like NIke/ JB finessed the consumers for so long people are just either tired or over it. For years they altered shoes like the 13's, by painting mid soles, or removing 3M, etc. Now they want to make up for now which results in releasing of the "same" shoes 2-4 years apart in some cases. It's too late for a lot of buyers. I think besides the influence of the celebrities, Adidas is bringing something different regardless if it's ugly or not

Theyre not making it up to us, just fleedcing us like most companies. People on these forums called all this nonsense years ago. They said Nike Air would be back, but at a premium price. They said dont buy the trashy retros JB is givin us cuz 2-3 yrs down the line the same shoe will release but closer to the OG and for more money. JB is trying to stay relevant but mostly just goes on sale anymore. Maybe Nike should start droppin those prices a bit....

Woke up and was on the fence about getting them for some reason this morning... went back to sleep. Woke up and they were still on SNKRS... went ahead and copped. Can't wait.

Can't believe how easy this was. Just last year, I had to line up all night for the cherry 11 lows, and now one of the best Jordan's of the 90s is able to be obtained 3 hours after store opening

Theyre not making it up to us, just fleedcing us like most companies. People on these forums called all this nonsense years ago. They said Nike Air would be back, but at a premium price. They said dont buy the trashy retros JB is givin us cuz 2-3 yrs down the line the same shoe will release but closer to the OG and for more money. JB is trying to stay relevant but mostly just goes on sale anymore. Maybe Nike should start droppin those prices a bit....
exactly. Nike had all of this planned years ahead and so far it has worked well for them up until recently.

I think the price increases pushed a lot of consumers away-I.e. $190 MSRP for a pair of 2s in the cheap, black Jumpman box is too much for most. Not only that, but even with the "remastered" releases, we haven't seen a substantial drop in QC issues and improved materials vs previous releases across the board for the ~20%-30% MSRP price increase.

I woke up just to not take any chances. I'm still scarred from what the situation was like just 3-4 yrs ago. This board is a big enough sample size to predict overall interest. When a top 10 classic like this only has 60 something pages that means they're sitting. $206 really ain't bad. I bought a pair of '05 flints a year later for $200 from FC. That was the resale price a year later back then. Love not having to bother going to Queens Center for raffles. Hope it never goes back to being like that. Now I just gotta wait for these to arrive.

You can always buy from Nike and return a DS disco pair to Nike if you find one in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom